Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a message in the Tesla app that says, "We are now just starting to see customers being matched to VINS for the performance Model 3 as of today. Within the next week or so you should see a VIN number matched to your order."

This is why I don't trust Tesla employees when it comes to delivery information. Obviously, people have been getting VINs for a while now, and have already been getting their cars.
Got a similar text, but they specifically said "our region":

Screenshot_20240529-163652.png

Totally. I did consider that possibility. Every time I check the forum, I just want to see one person from the PNW with a VIN. I don't even care if it's me!
Same! If anyone from PNW gets a VIN it gives me hope! I’m sitting at a June 5 - 30 EDD currently
Likewise! I'd be delighted to see any PNW VIN assigned.
Mine changed this past weekend to "June 5th - June 30th". Blue/Black, ordered 4/23 launch +4 hrs. No VIN.
It seems like Black interior EDDs are currently windowing until the end of June. I wouldn't worry too much though. We all know EDDs are whack. 🥴

Got a similar text, but they specifically said "our region":

View attachment 1051740

Likewise! I'd be delighted to see any PNW VIN assigned.

It seems like Black interior EDDs are currently windowing until the end of June. I wouldn't worry too much though. We all know EDDs are whack. 🥴
Interesting. How do you guys have SAs that are proactively messaging you with updates and such when I can't get my SA to type more than 5 words that even remotely relevant to a question I asked 5 days prior? If I messaged my SA today asking about any updates/if anyone at my location has VINS they would respond 3-5 days later and say something generic like "EDD are fluid".

Just got mine. I have to first start off by saying Tesla of Libertyville, IL was just above and beyond amazing. Completely luxurious experience dealing with a guy named David there. Wow.

Anyway some small notes;

Turn signals are the easiest thing to press and get used to. I’m astounded that people are having difficulty with them, especially with “finding the spot to press” as it’s literally the entire section that you can press.

Swipe up and down for gear selection is also crazy well done. You just have to gesture anywhere in the area and it works perfectly. It’s not like you have to grab the car icon and strategically glide it up. It’s extremely well programmed and intuitive.

Acceleration wise; I haven’t gotten much time to go above 60~ but I’m surprised how it feels. It almost feels less fast than the older M3 because it’s so much less rowdy. I’ll have to get used to how smooth it is. The front end doesn’t lift up at all to give you that rambunctious over powered feeling that I’ll admit I did like. The car feels like it was designed properly for the power it has. It’s dramatically more composed in every way. Feels like a completely different car.

Oh, and the coolest seats — I don’t get why people can say they barely feel them. The max setting is awesome but you definitely hear it. I set it down to level 1 for minimal audibility.

Stereo wise — I don’t listen to music in the car as I never drive long distances. But as someone who is as much of an “audiophile” as can be (literally own a high end stereo / home theater store); I will say that based on some initial listening, the sub setting should be pretty much all the way down. It’s super boomy and seems to be set up to add bass rather than extend the response down low. Will post more on this later if anyone cares. 😂

Interesting. How do you guys have SAs that are proactively messaging you with updates and such when I can't get my SA to type more than 5 words that even remotely relevant to a question I asked 5 days prior? If I messaged my SA today asking about any updates/if anyone at my location has VINS they would respond 3-5 days later and say something generic like "EDD are fluid".
It's a hit or miss for me. I just pester them a lot (respectfully of course lol). There has been a lot of ignored messages. I try to message them once every 2-3 days in fear of getting blocked by them and not getting any response at all.

Reactions: arkhos

I usually get a reply within a couple hours but it's very abbreviated and minimally answers my question without elaborating at all. Guess I should feel lucky that I get a relevant response.

Reactions: arkhos
Just got a message in the Tesla app that says, "We are now just starting to see customers being matched to VINS for the performance Model 3 as of today. Within the next week or so you should see a VIN number matched to your order."

This is why I don't trust Tesla employees when it comes to delivery information. Obviously, people have been getting VINs for a while now, and have already been getting their cars.
Maybe just the SC they work for and not Tesla as a whole?🤷‍♂️

Reactions: xianking
Seems like the firmware update or whatever caused a bottleneck. I’m wondering if they are updating it on cars at the factory before assigning vins and shipping instead of having the delivery centers update it on site? Just a guess because vins have really slowed the last couple days.
would make sense if they have an on-premise site with local servers. Would be surprised if they're not using AWS or Azure

This one bugged me because his wife or gf was like “the signal buttons should be reversed”
I commented stating that logically they’re placed where they are because if you push up on a turn signal stalk that’s right and if you pull down it’s left so the button position makes sense
I can't imagine how backwards it would be to have them reversed. The right indicator is also diagonally offset just enough to be the right-most button. It makes perfect sense.

I usually get a reply within a couple hours but it's very abbreviated and minimally answers my question without elaborating at all. Guess I should feel lucky that I get a relevant response.
I honestly have stopped messaging them for several reasons. The main reason is their answers are 99.9% useless. Second... it takes them days to get back to me. So I forget that I messaged them, and then days later I will get a text from Tesla saying I have a new message in the APP and I will get all excited thinking it may be the VIN.... nope just them giving me some generic response to my message 3-5 days prior that I swear a bot could do better answering.

• Funny
I wrote today through the app because I'm traveling for a few weeks starting in mid-June. Wanted to see what they'd say. They responded a couple hours later.

I honestly have stopped messaging them for several reasons. The main reason is their answers are 99.9% useless. Second... it takes them days to get back to me. So I forget that I messaged them, and then days later I will get a text from Tesla saying I have a new message in the APP and I will get all excited thinking it may be the VIN.... nope just them giving me some generic response to my message 3-5 days prior that I swear a bot could do better answering.

Oh, if you don't have a VIN that might be the reason. I never sent mine a message until after I got a VIN. I've seen messages that say they can't really check much until you get a VIN.

Reactions: bolduser31
Hey everyone. Hope you are all enjoying your model 3 performances (or doing your best to stay sane in anticipation like me 😆).

I have a rather important question/concern regarding the model 3 performance. Given the low splitter/ride height of the vehicle, how do you manage driving over bumps? Being in LA, there are bumps everywhere, on the road, entering driveways, parking spots etc.

I apologize if this is a noob/skill issue, as I lived in new york for quite some time without a vehicle and have been getting used to driving a lot the past year or so 😅 Please do let me know your thoughts on how to drive as carefully as possible with the low ride!

Hey everyone. Hope you are all enjoying your model 3 performances (or doing your best to stay sane in anticipation like me 😆).

I have a rather important question/concern regarding the model 3 performance. Given the low splitter/ride height of the vehicle, how do you manage driving over bumps? Being in LA, there are bumps everywhere, on the road, entering driveways, parking spots etc.

I apologize if this is a noob/skill issue, as I lived in new york for quite some time without a vehicle and have been getting used to driving a lot the past year or so 😅 Please do let me know your thoughts on how to drive as carefully as possible with the low ride!

It's not that low. Potholes will eat rims like on any other low profile setup. You'll be fine.

Reactions: agnzt and P-Lo801
A few notes on the sheet.

- Great job to all the people that filled it out. It's amazing to see what's going on. A little peak behind the curtain.
- We shouldn't sort without making a copy or a unique filter. 360 of us doing that while we are all looking would be madness. Now, I'm guilty occasionally, I'll stop. Right now I have it sorted by VIN assigned and delivered so we can see who has a VIN and what's been delivered quickly. We will never all agree on "the right" sorting.
- I can't keep up with the graphs. If you can help keep the colors of the pie slices correct, it would help my OCD. Someone thinks it's hilarious to make the red label black etc. Maybe it's just me.
- Can someone make a chart for interior and exterior delivered? I do it but I don't do it so that that it sticks or updates. Maybe someone smarter can figure it out.
- Keep up the great work and thanks to the community for making it happen!