Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_7721.jpeg

Just a FYI. Got FSD trial 3 days after delivery. Was confusing what to do at first since there was no documentation about that.

Yeah it's odd. I'll try to throw test tones through it and figure things out. The midbass in the doors feels pretty good and strong but you can feel very clearly how the door isn't well dampened.

Also, low frequencies are non directional, but only in a concrete bunker. Most rooms (and ESPECIALLY cars, which is one of the many reasons I despise car audio) have vibrations, or floor energy transfer that gives away the location of the subs pretty easily especially above 60hz or so.

The bright side (pun intended) is that the system overall sounds pretty good. It's not bright or harsh at all and is pretty open sounding (I turned off the ambience thing but will play with it and revisit it tomorrow).

The trouble is, most people have never heard a properly setup stereo system, so as much as I can provide advice on tuning of the system etc -- it doesn't necessarily mean people will think it sounds good because I'm battling against a possible lifetime of thinking "improper" sound is good.
Wow, it had enough rattle to give away the location. I can't say I've really noticed that in the past but I also tend to not balance my systems super bass heavy anyway as I prefer more of a reference sound with an even response. I could see how transients could give away the location but I'd tend to associate that with overdriving the sub if it's producing transients. (Most of my experience is mixing professional pa systems rather than consumer stuff.)

Why would cash be better than lease or finance, the latter I would presume they’re even taking points (I’m financing through Telsa and have accepted terms, so I’d think if anything mine would be prioritized?)
Because cash up front boosts their bottom line next month. But who knows. Just my theory considering someone who ordered in my city almost a month after me has a VIN with the same config and I’m still waiting on mine. Although EDDs seem random to us there has to be some method to the madness for Tesla.

Because cash up front boosts their bottom line next month. But who knows. Just my theory considering someone who ordered in my city almost a month after me has a VIN with the same config and I’m still waiting on mine. Although EDDs seem random to us there has to be some method to the madness for Tesla.
But financing still gets them their money up front. The bank is paying for the car now.

With the screen gear selector you usually have to at least glance at it to get the swipe.
i wonder if it would work to use your index as a side guide, placing it along the edge of the screen (touching the edge with the inside of the index instead of the tip), then your middle finger would fall over the gear selector? if that's ergonomic and the screen target is forgiving enough (which sounds like they've improved), it would provide a way to do it without having to glance... 🤔

this is what i mean, tested on my 2021 MY, with presumably thicker bezels:
1000013538.jpg

Reactions: brownbear
If it’s financed the bank gives them the same money as if it’s cash doesn’t not?

Reactions: agnzt

The only thing that putting "cash" does is ensure the profile is complete. Tesla doesnt actually care whether the money comes from cash, financing, leasing etc, its all the same money.

They just care about a complete profile for moving forward through the process. Financing through them, is approved but can drop if they take to long to deliver your car, and have to run your credit again, which means your profile isnt complete if that happens.

Anyway, the recommendation to put "cash" is just so that the profile is complete on that step with no chance of falling incomplete for any reason, especially because you can change your mind later (after you get a vin).