Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excited and trying to stay strong and wait for my black/black VIN!

I've been debating wrapping in stealth PPF though since it looks pretty sick on some of the black Teslas, especially the MS. Not sure how it will look to wrap in stealth with the carbon fiber parts on an M3P though. Might just go with a ceramic coat, dark tint, and call it good.
I heard Tesla’s black paint is very thin, PPF don’t sound like a bad idea

Oh yeah! Beefcake (that’s me) has now joined the cool VIN club!!
Delivery window is now June 14-21
Tesla SC in Richmond, VA
Note, my app shows an order date of 4/24. However, I actually ordered the afternoon of 4/23 (as confirmed/stated on the Tesla purchase agreement). 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 1052062
Congrats! You're the second person I saw get a VIN today who ordered later in the evening on 4/23 leading to an order date of "4/24" in the APP. Maybe they're finally getting to some of the later orders. I ordered 4/23 around 930pm EST. Midwest state. Hoping this means good stuff for me! What was your EDD timeline?

Congrats! You're the second person I saw get a VIN today who ordered later in the evening on 4/23 leading to an order date of "4/24" in the APP. Maybe they're finally getting to some of the later orders. I ordered 4/23 around 930pm EST. Midwest state. Hoping this means good stuff for me! What was your EDD timeline?
Thanks! Good luck with receiving a VIN. I’m sure you’ll get one soon!
EDD: June 14-21

Excited and trying to stay strong and wait for my black/black VIN!

I've been debating wrapping in stealth PPF though since it looks pretty sick on some of the black Teslas, especially the MS. Not sure how it will look to wrap in stealth with the carbon fiber parts on an M3P though. Might just go with a ceramic coat, dark tint, and call it good.
Just saw one available in inventory in Bakersfield with your exact config. See if you can pick that up.

Reactions: hkarthik
Oh yeah! Beefcake (that’s me) has now joined the cool VIN club!!
Delivery window is now June 14-21
Tesla SC in Richmond, VA
Note, my app shows an order date of 4/24. However, I actually ordered the afternoon of 4/23 (as confirmed/stated on the Tesla purchase agreement). 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 1052062
Yes! Nice to see another VIN in MD/VA area!

Folks, the tracker is looking good. @potato314 did some good stuff. There are pre sorted sheets now so we don't have to fight that anymore. Just need @Andrés Ornelas to fix the color combo chart. There is also a suggestions tab. Let's not bake the potato though, he apparently has a real job and can't do the tracker all day :rolleyes: 🤣🤣

- It takes a village

Last edited:
Can someone please give me insight to the final payment component of delivery? This is my first Tesla so I’m not clear on that process. Is it possible to not pay until after inspecting the vehicle? What if I pay prior and find significant issues with the vehicle? Do i need to be concerned about that at all?
You can set up the payment in plaid but not complete it until after inspection.

Reactions: JezzaE and agnzt
Got my VIN for the second time today! For a quick recap, my first VIN was given, then rescinded after a week. Apparently paint issues were noted on the first VIN.

A big THANK YOU to the manager at the local Tesla location. After Tesla main wasn’t responding to my request for a replacement VIN, she stepped up big time. She offered me the floor model to get me taken care of. Awesome since I sold my existing vehicle after I got the VIN the first time….so I was desperate. Lesson learned.

I’ll update the tracker soon! So relived!! And psyched!! I pick it up on Monday!

Got my VIN for the second time today! For a quick recap, my first VIN was given, then rescinded after a week. Apparently paint issues were noted on the first VIN.

A big THANK YOU to the manager at the local Tesla location. After Tesla main wasn’t responding to my request for a replacement VIN, she stepped up big time. She offered me the floor model to get me taken care of. Awesome since I sold my existing vehicle after I got the VIN the first time….so I was desperate. Lesson learned.

I’ll update the tracker soon! So relived!! And psyched!! I pick it up on Monday!
Congrats! Glad things turned out OK for you.

To clarify, Tesla voluntarily rescinded the initial VIN that they assigned to you, because they detected a quality problem with the paint? If so, that must be a first. Usually, Tesla QC always passes all vehicles regardless of how bad the paint is.. 🤣

(moderator note)

Just dropping a note here on the link shared for the document for everydaychris' delivery checklist. I dont have any issue at all with what was currently shared
for anyone that wants to fully geek out during delivery, here's a checklist i found you can print to do a thorough inspection: Tesla Model 3 Highland Delivery Checklist - EVERYDAY CHRIS

that site includes both a paid version nicely formatted, or a text-only version (which i copied into a GDoc and formatted to look like the below)

View attachment 1052056
View attachment 1052057

Just as a side note, @everydaychris has an account here and although I dont know how active he is now, has been an active member here in the past. he would probably be happy to hear that people are finding his delivery checklist helpful.

(tagging him so he sees, next time he logs in here).

To clarify, Tesla voluntarily rescinded the initial VIN that they assigned to you, because they detected a quality problem with the paint? If so, that must be a first. Usually, Tesla QC always passes all vehicles regardless of how bad the paint is.. 🤣
The only thing I can think of is, it must have been really, really... REALLY bad... lol

Reactions: GreenHokie
No longer UR/B, changed my order to W/B today. It didn't change my EDD, still 6/3 - 6/17 FWIW. The app let me change it using the 4/23 pricing. Might have to change my handle to dojoalbino. If anyone here has taken delivery in downtown Chicago, I'd like to hear about that experience.

Weekly spy video out.
been watching this most of the year (yes the highland release sickness is real). The out going lot has barely had M3 thru Q1. This week and last weeks had lots of M3's. Looks like lots of M3P shipping this time. A good ramp rate sign and little if any impact from fire.
There still pretty deep with MY inventory but not stacked 2 deep any more. Sill lots of excess/WIP MY castings.

Hahahaha! Yes. This was initiated by Tesla. I never saw the vehicle. I joked (albeit poorly) that it must have been in the Fremont factory fire, for it to have been flagged by Tesla for poor quality.

Must have been bad was my thought!