Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like my car is delayed. Denver had a major hail storm yesterday and they are evaluating the damage. Luckily, my car was still on the covered train. My largest takeaway was the difference between SAs. One told me where the car was, showed me the GPS they have, and was super cool. The other was a complete "how to get to no" POS. So much of this access to info is based on the sales advisor, you might actually drive to the delivery location from time to time and talk to different SAs and see what you find out.
Really stupid question but I see so many people referring to their SA (service advisor) and I’m confused about that? All I have is the message thread in my APP that doesn’t respond for days, gives two word answers to complicated questions and makes me wonder if there’s actually a person (I suspect because an AI chatbot would probably be more responsive and timely). So are you all actually communicating with a specific person? Should I be going to a location and talking to an actual human?

I also have delivery scheduled for tomorrow. I'll take some pics and try and report back some at least some unique info that hasn't been said yet to be of some value and interest for everyone. Very excited as I've owned a few sports cars over the years but this will be my first EV ( owned a Ford Fusion plug in hybrid with ~26 miles range on EV mode which doesn't count). And this this car will be the quickest of them for sure.
Speaking of M3P's quickness, that has me thinking of my past cars which, of the group of us i would say i probably drove one of the slowest for sure. When i was 16 it was a hand me down 1976 Mercedes 240D Diesel that pushed 64hp. That car was DOG slow. It was actually not safe on freeway on ramps cause it just wouldn't get up to speed fast enough and merge safely. I timed the 0-60 at ~21 seconds, no joke. This is probably why they started putting turbos on the Mercedes diesels after that, because they HAD to!
So from a worst 21 seconds to now 2.9 seconds.... i just need to let that soak that in. And we're ALL going to get this! So all of you still waiting, it WILL be worth it!!!!

Like I said, some people like them / to each their own. I said before that I have either performed or managed people who perform customer service roles (though not for Tesla / cars) for my entire working career, and I am in my late 50s.

For most customer service reps, pulling out a multi page checklist like that would not be much different than pulling out a panel gap measuring tool, or a ruler and then stating "the roof is off, this side is a few millimeters over" or something.

Note that I didnt say anyone was wrong for taking a checklist (or at least I dont think I did). I just said how I think it would be viewed.
Same. I equate it to this. When I coach salespeople about conducting CNA’s, I would never have them conduct it like the Spanish Inquisition. The art and science of it is to weave the pertinent questions into a discussion. I want them to go into a meeting with a clear understanding upfront of what they hope to achieve and learn. In that regard, they need to prioritize what those expectations are. Very rarely do we leave having gleaned everything we want to know. So my perspective here is to go into this knowing the main things to look for to feel comfortable taking delivery and maybe have the checklist at home to do a deeper dive when you get it home so you can address any issues immediately.

Reactions: jjrandorin
Really stupid question but I see so many people referring to their SA (service advisor) and I’m confused about that? All I have is the message thread in my APP that doesn’t respond for days, gives two word answers to complicated questions and makes me wonder if there’s actually a person (I suspect because an AI chatbot would probably be more responsive and timely). So are you all actually communicating with a specific person? Should I be going to a location and talking to an actual human?
I messaged Tesla in the app about 4 days ago. Still no response back. I got better response time from subsequent texts and emails.

Reactions: Newdoc
People at my local Tesla dealership were not much more help. Essential said they had no idea when deliveries would come in and couldn't provide any information. Idk maybe they truly have no clue/information until you get a VIN.

• Funny
Reactions: xianking
I also have delivery scheduled for tomorrow. I'll take some pics and try and report back some at least some unique info that hasn't been said yet to be of some value and interest for everyone. Very excited as I've owned a few sports cars over the years but this will be my first EV ( owned a Ford Fusion plug in hybrid with ~26 miles range on EV mode which doesn't count). And this this car will be the quickest of them for sure.
Speaking of M3P's quickness, that has me thinking of my past cars which, of the group of us i would say i probably drove one of the slowest for sure. When i was 16 it was a hand me down 1976 Mercedes 240D Diesel that pushed 64hp. That car was DOG slow. It was actually not safe on freeway on ramps cause it just wouldn't get up to speed fast enough and merge safely. I timed the 0-60 at ~21 seconds, no joke. This is probably why they started putting turbos on the Mercedes diesels after that, because they HAD to!
So from a worst 21 seconds to now 2.9 seconds.... i just need to let that soak that in. And we're ALL going to get this! So all of you still waiting, it WILL be worth it!!!!
The closest I’ve ever been to owning an EV was also a Fusion PHEV. That was a good car, but dull. It was definitely 1 of the 2 slowest cars I’ve owned. (Not counting a beater I owned when I also had a heavily modified, unreliable, 3000GT.) Never had anything as slow as your 240D!😁

Good luck with the delivery tomorrow!

Reactions: jv92red
From my app it doesn’t add FsD, how did you search for the link you posted?
I called earlier wanting to possibly switch my order to that one and my SA said that it was included and provided me with that link. When I called the SA at Mirmar I used the extension for deliveries to finally get a live person and he did mention that it could be removed like @jjrandorin mentioned above. Thought it was odd I received two different answers. You are right though it was hard to get a live person at that location and the mailbox is full!

Reactions: ScrappyCoco
I didn’t even get a text or email after they pushed my EDD from 5/27-6/9 to 6/9-6/23 yesterday.
After you get a VIN everything changes.

After i got my vin i was able to text the SA from the # they texted me on earlier requesting me to provide the MVPA doc to my lender. In which i then texted the SA back telling them i needed an email address to send them a Dealer Funding form from my lender. And THAT'S when they emailed me asking me to reply with the form. So at that point i now have the SA's email address. Email response time is around 24hrs i would say.

After you get a VIN everything changes.

After i got my vin i was able to text the SA from the # they texted me on earlier requesting me to provide the MVPA doc to my lender. In which i then texted the SA back telling them i needed an email address to send them a Dealer Funding form from my lender. And THAT'S when they emailed me asking me to reply with the form. So at that point i now have the SA's email address. Email response time is around 24hrs i would say.
The issue is getting that VIN :(
Yours truly.... another 4/23 order with no VIN and recently delayed EDD to July-August dates.

After getting my VIN today, I went by my local tesla store and asked them to locate my car. They said it is still in California, and they aren't sure if it will be shipped via train or truck to Colorado. I was hoping to be one of those people with a quick Vin-to-Delivery turnaround, but I guess it will take a week or two longer.
glad to see you got a vin! i was really hoping to rid on your coattails alas, no such luck. the past 4 days have seen one vin assignment per day in colorado (in the tracker), so i'm willing it into the universe that tomorrow is my day lmaooo

Reactions: KGinCO
The issue is getting that VIN :(
Yours truly.... another 4/23 order with no VIN and recently delayed EDD to July-August dates.
End of June is not far from now. Tesla needs to prove that Q1 fiasco was because of line shut downs for Highland and then the delays for white interior for Highland. They need a strong showing for their Q2 earnings for their investors. Elon can't do any of his crazy robotaxi, neural implant, robotics stuff he wants to spend investor money on if money isn't coming in. The way i see it: Elon WANTS you to get your M3P by end of June. No doubt about it.

Can we just get an AI ChatBot LOL. I feel like AI would give us very fast and professional responses.
Do you not have access to the new AI chat bot they added to the app?

1717205125715.jpeg

As suspected my second trade-in offer dropped by quite a bit. $23,500 Frustrating as hell but at this point I’m so close that I’m just going to roll with it. 🥴
Not sure what your trade is but I’ll share my experience.

Ord 4/23 stealth/black AZ had 5/27-6/9 EDD for weeks.

Trade through Tesla I approved was
Low but convenient for a super clean 2020 M3P, $24,500. That lapsed 5/30 and I anticipated they’d lower so I got a caravana offer of $26k. Was prepared to take it but decided to put it up on auto trader and sold it in two days for $27,500. Still half what I bought it for but thems the breaks.

I though I had everything lined up and would just need a week or two without a car and yesterday they pushed me to 6/12-6/23 so best laid plans of mice and men.

• Informative
Reactions: mpgxsvcd