Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you not have access to the new AI chat bot they added to the app?

View attachment 1052461

I’m in the same boat as you. Scottsdale delivery center, same config, just ordered two days after you. I had the same EDD as you as well and I also sold my old Model 3 car on FB marketplace. Now my EDD is July - August.
I feel you, been actually following you on the tracker too. How much did you get for yours bs trade offers? I could have sold for more if I was more patient but took the first solid offer better than trade thinking I’d be getting mine next week

Naw, go ahead and pull up to the delivery with a clipboard and these bad boys.

giant-wooden-pencil_1024x1024.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4172.jpeg
    IMG_4172.jpeg
    178.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Funny
Reactions: sgtauto
Can you provide a little more about why it’s better than your S? I’m debating between a Performance and a Plaid for next car (it’ll be next year so things can of course change on both between now and then). The input would be appreciated.
I much prefer the tighter and more nimble handling of the Model 3 over the S. The 3 also has better visibility out of the front and sides over the S.

The adaptive dampers when set to Standard, feel like the Model S’ suspension when it’s in the middle setting of “Advanced”. But when set to sport, the ride is firmer than the S but still extremely well composed. The 3 genuinely feels like a German sport sedan. Firm, but never harsh.

My Model S was a 2023, but it felt sloppy in comparison to the Performance 3. The 3 has genuine road feedback and the steering is amazing.

The only thing the S has over the 3 is the range. That is literally the only thing I miss from the S.

After you get a VIN everything changes.

After i got my vin i was able to text the SA from the # they texted me on earlier requesting me to provide the MVPA doc to my lender. In which i then texted the SA back telling them i needed an email address to send them a Dealer Funding form from my lender. And THAT'S when they emailed me asking me to reply with the form. So at that point i now have the SA's email address. Email response time is around 24hrs i would say.
I wish I could get the MVPA they keep pushing it back, saying I'll get it when the cars are in town and I can schedule the delivery. It sucks being a planner, everything feels rushed

Either UP is re-using their existing springs or they had early access to engineering builds (very possible).
I was wondering this too. If they’re reusing the same springs with the same spring rates, that likely explains the half inch drop from the same “mild” springs, which gave a three quarter inch drop on the previous model 3. And IIRC the “low” springs that gave a 2” drop on the previous model 3 now give a 1.5” drop.

Reactions: Jangy
I was wondering this too. If they’re reusing the same springs with the same spring rates, that likely explains the half inch drop from the same “mild” springs, which gave a three quarter inch drop on the previous model 3. And IIRC the “low” springs that gave a 2” drop on the previous model 3 now give a 1.5” drop.
I’d love these purely for aesthetics but concerned and warranty issues and what “mods” do to resale value (I tend to not keep cars longer than 3-4 years).

Welp, just got VIN and EDD moved to 6/1-6/10 (4/23 Ord, Stealth/Black AZ). Question: it’s flagging me to add insurance to schedule delivery. Do I have to have this VIN added and uploaded or just my current policy that I update once delivery is schedule?
It varies by state. In CA, only proof of insurance is needed without having to add the new car/VIN to the policy until a certain number of days after taking delivery.