Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait, what am i missing? I have the MyQ app on my phone and when i go into the app i can open or close the garage door from wherever i am by hitting the button. The app was free to download and there are no subscription fees to allow me this control. It's free and works how i need it. I guess ignorance is bliss?
Paid ties it into your cars OS. When i get close to my garage it pops up on the screen and the door automatically opens, unless i hit the stop button on the screen. Same thing when i leave. Yes its a subscription but i could care less. Convenience is King.

I may do this as it would seem more convenient than having to go into an app every time to operate the garage door. But for me i like the clean simple interior look without it so I'll probably take the clip off of it then double sided tape it to the back of the screen so it's easy access to operate and invisible to anyone else. I'll pick a spot where you wouldn't see it from the outside of the car looking through the windshield.
Until someone breaks i to your car and basically has a key to your garage door and your address in the glove box.

I really don’t understand how you haven’t headed to the local place and find out what the heck is going on. Is it far from you? To be stuck in an eternal back slide has got to be frustrating. Raise some hell!!

It's not that far I guess: 45 minutes. I just worry that if I make too much noise they'll intentionally start ghosting me or even delay my delivery. Or, I could get there and find out the car isn't there and they don't know any more than that. Might as well just call them Monday.

Doesn’t it hurt? I feel you. I have had 3 people get vins in my state all who ordered days to weeks after me. To top it off, one was even the same config. Not sure I understand it lol.
Was it also the same pickup location? There is some logic to cars skipping ahead when at different pickup points because locations with less business might only get a truck with cars once a month or two and if they have a bunch of older orders but need to finish filling the truck, it makes sense to bump one up.

Makes no sense if it's same trim and pick up point though.

Paid ties it into your cars OS. When i get close to my garage it pops up on the screen and the door automatically opens, unless i hit the stop button on the screen. Same thing when i leave. Yes its a subscription but i could care less. Convenience is King.
Or just pay for the homelink and not have to worry about a subscription or having Chamberlain rip you off.

Reactions: cubicalclang
It's not that far I guess: 45 minutes. I just worry that if I make too much noise they'll intentionally start ghosting me or even delay my delivery. Or, I could get there and find out the car isn't there and they don't know any more than that. Might as well just call them Monday.
You don’t have to go in and act like an ass. There is nothing wrong with being assertive and simply asking for some clarity. If I were you I’d show up right when they open and seek some answers. That way they are fresh and have a full shift to get annoyed by truly awful people.

Was it also the same pickup location? There is some logic to cars skipping ahead when at different pickup points because locations with less business might only get a truck with cars once a month or two and if they have a bunch of older orders but need to finish filling the truck, it makes sense to bump one up.

Makes no sense if it's same trim and pick up point though.
Not the same pickup location or I’d be so annoyed lol. But only two hour difference and I think similar is business size.

Just sucks because obviously I would have no problem driving two hours if it would have guaranteed me an earlier VIN, but there’s not much I can do about it now. Just need to hope I get in the next wave and that it’s not too long until they start pumping out black interiors again.

Reactions: AJ Henderson
Day 1 order (technically day two with GMT timezone switch) no VIN, so I decided to just switch from Gray / White interior, to Ultra Red and black interior. Has anyone who switched configurations notice any significant delays.
This gotta be a joke haha, 20 minutes after I tell support to go ahead and make the change, I get the VIN for the old configuration.
IMG_3023.jpeg

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
You don’t have to go in and act like an ass. There is nothing wrong with being assertive and simply asking for some clarity. If I were you I’d show up right when they open and seek some answers. That way they are fresh and have a full shift to get annoyed by truly awful people.

No one would be an ass. At least, I wouldn't. I can't speak for others which is what worries me. My SC location has some pretty bad Google reviews so I don't even want to show up unannounced asking questions, piss someone off, and then they delay my car even more out of spite. Not going to risk it. I might just keep going through the app for now.