Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ignore EDD until you get a VIN. It means nothing. You will get your car in june.

Might be talking about me: I've had a VIN since 5/16 and mine has slipped 1 day at a time for 6 days straight starting at my original EDD up until now: my original EDD was 5/27 - 6/3 and it has crept up to 6/2 - 6/9 today. So apparently even when you DO have a VIN, it means nothing!

OK guys... I give up trying to figure this out. I'll have to just let the chips fall where they may.

I texted that number that told me the car should be in St. Pete on 5/29 and even though Phillip JUST told me the car is not there, the text number replied and said my car IS there. Then they asked if I can schedule delivery through the app. Told them no: it just says check back later. Now they said "Let's go ahead and schedule you". So now I don't know what is happening... except the live person on the phone says my car isn't there and the text (verified it's a text from the same location) says it IS there. I replied that I'm find with scheduling but I can't do it in the app. Also said I know those cars need an EPA firmware push before delivery and wondered if that's the holdup (did that in case they didn't know).

I'm excited and they seem pretty responsive: texting right back on a Sunday. But this whole process could be smoother. Seems like the old "left hand doesn't know what the right is doing" phenomenon.

Popcorn anyone...

OK guys... I give up trying to figure this out. I'll have to just let the chips fall where they may.

I texted that number that told me the car should be in St. Pete on 5/29 and even though Phillip JUST told me the car is not there, the text number replied and said my car IS there. Then they asked if I can schedule delivery through the app. Told them no: it just says check back later. Now they said "Let's go ahead and schedule you". So now I don't know what is happening... except the live person on the phone says my car isn't there and the text (verified it's a text from the same location) says it IS there. I replied that I'm find with scheduling but I can't do it in the app. Also said I know those cars need an EPA firmware push before delivery and wondered if that's the holdup (did that in case they didn't know).

I'm excited and they seem pretty responsive: texting right back on a Sunday. But this whole process could be smoother. Seems like the old "left hand doesn't know what the right is doing" phenomenon.

Popcorn anyone...
Can you go to the service center? They can look at the computer and tell you exactly where it is. They track them by the GPS in the car. One SA told me "it wasn't customer facing" the other showed me where my car was and let me take a picture.

Can you go to the service center? They can look at the computer and tell you exactly where it is. They track them by the GPS in the car. One SA told me "it wasn't customer facing" the other showed me where my car was and let me take a picture.

They just replied asking if I can pick it up Thursday. Of course I said yes. I told them the earlier the better. They don't know but Thursday is Test and Tune at Bradenton Motorsports Park. 🤣 Now... I guess I might have to get a fire jacket from Amazon so they don't throw me out if I hit 10s.

Popcorn anyone...
How far are you from the SC? If I were you I would just go and check lol. I’m about 8 min from that SC I could see if I see it anywhere.

Reactions: sgtauto
How far are you from the SC? If I were you I would just go and check lol. I’m about 8 min from that SC I could see if I see it anywhere.

I'm tempted. It's about 50 miles. I figured if they are this responsive and can set the date, that's fine. The worst that will happen is I go there and it isn't ready or isn't even there. In which case I wasted a trip anyway. Best case, I save a trip. ;)

She hasn't replied yet after asking me if June 6th works. I have a sneaky suspicion they've been busy and have just been letting my car sit. It probably did get there on 5/29 and they've been putting off doing the final PDI. We'll see if they can get it done in 4 days. Sucks cuz I could have picked it up today and likely been the first in FL to have one.

• Love
Reactions: Sandee3
I'm tempted. It's about 50 miles. I figured if they are this responsive and can set the date, that's fine. The worst that will happen is I go there and it isn't ready or isn't even there. In which case I wasted a trip anyway. Best case, I save a trip. ;)

She hasn't replied yet after asking me if June 6th works. I have a sneaky suspicion they've been busy and have just been letting my car sit. It probably did get there on 5/29 and they've been putting off doing the final PDI. We'll see if they can get it done in 4 days. Sucks cuz I could have picked it up today and likely been the first in FL to have one.
50 miles damn I understand, I’ll head over there tomorrow and see if it’s there. Hopefully it is, give ya some peace of mind.

The number of people willing to help each other in this waiting room with various things is exciting to me. I find it kind of heartwarming, actually, and to me, its one of the main things that online forums are supposed to be about.
Reminds me of the MacRumors forums whenever a new iPhone (or any Apple product really) launches.

The number of people willing to help each other in this waiting room with various things is exciting to me. I find it kind of heartwarming, actually, and to me, its one of the main things that online forums are supposed to be about.
Absolutely! A good group can be both helpful and supportive. I miss the old Mercedes forums for that. We even had local meetings quite often

50 miles damn I understand, I’ll head over there tomorrow and see if it’s there. Hopefully it is, give ya some peace of mind.

Wow! I really appreciate the offer but don't go out of your way as I'm pretty confident it's there. If you do get bored and decide to go just to see it, it's SG with white interior.

Edit: Forgot to mention. The brand new SC at UTC in Sarasota is 15 minutes from me. I think I'm about a month early as I don't think they are quite set up for deliveries just yet. But at least I'll have a SC that is close for service.

Last edited:
Reactions: mpgxsvcd and arkhos

just messaged in the app and had the same thing they offered delivery from June 7th-10th. Kind of want to ping them again but I don't want to be annoying