Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for your thoughts! I visited a showroom and played around with their demo model. No test drive unfortunately so I only have interior impressions. I must say the indicator buttons are perfectly fine and satisfying to click. I have no words for the folks complaining about not being able to find the buttons and needing more feedback. Unless you're missing a left arm, the buttons are easy to access. I was on a plane ride the other day and saw an older gentleman whip out a newspaper and a magnifying glass to read it. I think this distinguished looking individual, who may not be the most tech savvy, could quickly get used to the interface and lack of stalks.

Just goes to show how subjective these opinions are. The steering wheel is thick and girthy, the sport seats are highly adjustable, and the side bolsters make it much more supportive than the previous design. Overall the cabin feels more polished and comfortable. The UI and software was snappy and responsive. I'm most curious about the driving dynamics, but the interior alone is a nice upgrade for anyone coming from a previous m3p.
Oh, i forgot about the indicators. Takes some getting used to where in relation the left or right button is. Not a big deal to me. I know this is an anger point for some.
And these are not capacitive/resistive touch buttons; underneath the arrow are actual switches you can feel a positive response ever so slightly when they are pushed.

• Informative
Reactions: Andrés Ornelas
I was waiting vary patiently (not) for a delivery date after receiving my VIN on 5/23. Someone else due to take a delivery at Mt. Kisco had managed to get a response from an SA and found out their car was due to arrive on 6/3. I finally managed to get a hold of someone in app, who told me the same thing, but that 'it hasn't been flagged as confident and may change'. I asked if they could book me in for Wednesday or Thursday on the understanding that it might not be ready, as I had a work trip coming up, and they said yes. So I have a delivery appointment at Mt. Kisco, NY on Thursday at 12. Can't wait!

SoCal folks seem to have gotten VINs and deliveries much faster than NorCal folks. Very few Bay Area deliveries or VINs in comparison. I've not seen any M3Ps on the road yet out here either. Even Highlands are more rare. SoCal has more of a enthusiast car culture, so this makes sense. NorCal folks are largely happy to plot along in their MYLRs.

There's also definitely Tesla fatigue out here too. Plus Elon isn't popular anymore due to his politics. Demand has probably softened enough that we aren't getting prioritized for deliveries, despite this car being manufactured in our backyard.

The one that's breaking traffic's rules. In the 2 years I owned a red Model S I was never pulled over.
That’s not what he’s trying to get at lol. Obviously if you take a red M3 going the speed limit and a grey going 20 over, the one going over is going to get pulled over.

What OP is saying that if you take a red M3P and SG and put them in the exact same situation, let's say going 10 over, then the red is def going to be more likely to be pulled over. There’s a reason why it’s a known thing that certain colors result in higher insurance premiums.

A VIN in Utah?! Man hopefully my NM one will get one soon
You would probably be surprised at how many Teslas there are in Utah nowadays. When I first got my 2021 Standard Range Plus, literally the cheapest Tesla you could buy, I would get looks and comments back then. Now, it seems over 10% of cars on the road here are Teslas/Rivians. I was shocked at first when they opened a second store and service center here but now, not so much.

That’s not what he’s trying to get at lol. Obviously if you take a red M3 going the speed limit and a grey going 20 over, the one going over is going to get pulled over.

What OP is saying that if you take a red M3P and SG and put them in the exact same situation, let's say going 10 over, then the red is def going to be more likely to be pulled over. There’s a reason why it’s a known thing that certain colors result in higher insurance premiums.
Colors choices and higher insurance premiums is a myth lol

Last edited:
You would probably be surprised at how many Teslas there are in Utah nowadays. When I first got my 2021 Standard Range Plus, literally the cheapest Tesla you could buy, I would get looks and comments back then. Now, it seems over 10% of cars on the road here are Teslas/Rivians. I was shocked at first when they opened a second store and service center here but now, not so much.
Yeah, the last article I read about States and EV adoption, Utah was in the top 10. :) Great to see!

• Informative
Reactions: Andrés Ornelas
Or, hear me out, the folks that agree with him bought even more.

I’m not a fan of any of his recent antics, and I’ve never loved the overly minimalist designs of the former 3/Y models, but I ordered a model 3 performance, which will be my first Tesla.

This refreshed performance is so good that it forced me to separate the man from the machine. I imagine I’m not alone.

Are folks doing the order as cash and switching to financing once a VIN is assigned “trick” still? Was going to order this Friday, but was also curious if going with outside financing (say via credit union) could still count as a cash transaction.

Am super excited about no longer having performance FOMO, lol. I asked Tesla to value my 3 last month and they told me 16k (with 94k miles). Not sure if I want to sell her to my dad or do the trade in though.
I recommend selecting cash until you get your vin

Reactions: diamond.g