Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
you should wrap it. SG/Black hides all the performance details
I would if I bought the car but on a lease I don't know. I hate the idea of putting more money in this car when I'll have to return it. I was planning on buying the whole time because I thought I qualified for the tax credit, but when I realized I wouldn't I switched it to lease, I just didn't think to switch my color too since price didn't matter anymore. On pickup day I asked if I could switch and they said there would be a wait so I decided to forgo that as I was pretty happy with the grey color anyways, or so i thought lol

Hoping for everyone’s sake the maximum wait from their order date is 2-3 months max. This way we can enjoy the summer, and end the waiting madness 😂
And then I wonder how many of these names will be familiar ones on the Model Y refresh threads next year... ;)

And wondering if Tesla is going to stagger the refresh MYP like they did for the M3P.... hmmmm...

Last edited:
IMO car looks best in bright colors like white or red. Shows off the lip and spoiler the most.

SG/Black hides all of that

Also Roadster vibes:
People who ordered the car in bright colors: "the car looks best in bright colors!"

People who ordered the car in dark colors: "the car looks best in dark colors!"

This is a debate that cannot be won, lol.

Picked it up as scheduled. I didn't realize they removed the stalks and the turn signals are buttons now. I'm getting used to it. I need instructions on how to remove the large aero covers, I tried for a moment and they won't budge. Build quality is perfect, I have yet to find any issues at all. My 2019 was a *sugar* show.

IMG_3760_1.JPG
IMG_3761_1.JPG
IMG_3762_1.JPG

Found one issue post delivery. Small indentation below drivers side door. Only noticed it on my light colored driveway. Went back to the service center and they’re gonna PDR it for me. They just built two new big collision centers here and said it won’t be an issue for them to pop that out. Got it scheduled in the app for the middle of July (would have been a 3-4 month wait at the other shops in town).

IMG_3974.jpeg

lmk if you find a good cheap option to black out, think it will look better that way too, i'm assuming they sell stickers or something? Since im leasing thats prob the furthest Ill go other than tints
Honestly plastidip is a decent option. It's cheap, super easy to apply (lots of tutorial online) many options for matte vs shiny, and very durable while still being easy to purposefully remove down the line.

Reactions: JezzaE
Regarding exterior colors, I'm the opposite of the person who wraps their car in neon green. I want a car that disappears into the crowd so I'm not noticed while i'm engaged in constant Insane mode antics. Stealth Grey is the closest solution for that.
Agreed. Keep it ninja