Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sweet. I’m gonna guess the train takes them to Chicago from Cali then from there they get shipped on truck to st.Louis and kc. With that said hopefully the truck hurries up with mine to kc lol congrats!
They did tell me that it was trucked from Chicago to STL so you’re right. What’s your config? I had two orders and I just canceled one so it should pop up as inventory soon. It’s stealth gray with white interior. You can ask your SA about it.

I actually kind of prefer that. I'm OK with someone thinking I'm just some regular sedan and leaving them at the light thinking, "Holy *sugar*! That's a fast car. What was that!?" :)

Plus cops.
My buddy has a Charger with the Scat Pack. It's loud as hell, and rightfully so with the new exhaust he had installed. I'm perfectly fine leaning into the opposite end of that spectrum. Dark and sleek, like some kind of land-based stealth bomber.

Yeah, weird to see a text stating I got a VIN, then a minute later an offer to within the app schedule a delivery. I scheduled for Seattle (although coming from Sammamish :) ).
Which Seattle location are you going to? I'm considering Bellevue since its a bit closer for me but willing to go farther if it seems like the process is solid somewhere else.

Let us know how it goes, day of delivery is the part I am most concerned about. I have to drive 130 miles across the Cascades in the car I am trading in, I can't have:
  • The delivery date get changed the day before delivery
  • The car have something so wrong a reasonable person would refuse
I do not want to trade my car in, then be left with no car lol.

Probably won't be hard to spot me darting around. I plan on installing my new MW05 - Martian Wheels once I've taken it home from delivery. I've been waiting to install this new set on my '23 3 RWD, but held out once the announcement for the performance went out. They've been sitting around now coated and all for like 4 months ...
Was looking at those wheels as well as my current one looks similar to it. Have you confirmed that it would fit the new M3P?

Which Seattle location are you going to? I'm considering Bellevue since its a bit closer for me but willing to go farther if it seems like the process is solid somewhere else.

Let us know how it goes, day of delivery is the part I am most concerned about. I have to drive 130 miles across the Cascades in the car I am trading in, I can't have:
  • The delivery date get changed the day before delivery
  • The car have something so wrong a reasonable person would refuse
I do not want to trade my car in, then be left with no car lol.
Bellevue does not take deliveries, AFAIK. It's only Seattle, Lynnwood, or Fife in western WA, I believe.

• Informative
Reactions: Bandwidth
Probably won't be hard to spot me darting around. I plan on installing my new MW05 - Martian Wheels once I've taken it home from delivery. I've been waiting to install this new set on my '23 3 RWD, but held out once the announcement for the performance went out. They've been sitting around now coated and all for like 4 months ...
What wheel and tire size you are planning to run?

This may be somewhere else in the thread, so I apologize in advance for asking, but is it unusual for there to be so few VINs out today? Do y'all think it's related to the switch from black interiors to white ones? Or do perhaps is it related to it being Tuesday (usually most VINs seem to go out towards the end of the week)?

For those wanting to remove the aero covers. I just did it, and here are some tips and pics.

This may be somewhere else in the thread, so I apologize in advance for asking, but is it unusual for there to be so few VINs out today? Do y'all think it's related to the switch from black interiors to white ones? Or do perhaps is it related to it being Tuesday (usually most VINs seem to go out towards the end of the week)?
There has been a decline in the amount of VINs given to orders tracked in our spreadsheet. At this point, no one really knows how the Fremont factory works. We can just assume based on data that we track and see.

Reactions: xianking and arkhos
For those wanting to remove the aero covers. I just did it, and here are some tips and pics.
Was there some damage to the wheel under the aero caps? When I took one of the caps off on the showroom model, the wheels looked really gross (and scratched). I plan to remove all of them during inspection so that new wheels can be added to the "list of issues" to be fixed up front. I have some PTSD about this, given that my last M3P had a severely gouged wheel from the delivery truck. :/

Still no VIN, but I did find something interesting in the 2024.14.8 update on my 2022 M3LR. The wheel configuration now includes the 18" Photon and 19" Warp wheels. If someone who has actually taken delivery of a 2024 M3P could look into the wheel configuration tab of the service section, I am interested what options they are showing. I'm curious if they have made some option for snow tires / wheels.
IMG_3070.JPG

Last edited:
Im hating on it but you cant go wrong with any color, im just in my own head about red. Grey still looks great on the car, hell any color looks good.
I was thinking hard about getting UR, but the reality is it makes you a cop magnet. I'm typically going 20+ over the limit on the highway, so I don't need a UR colored car to make it even more obvious. Plus, SG will easily blend in with traffic if you are pegged.
I remember watching a doc about the guy who broke the coast to coast driving record (did it in 24hrs!). It was really interesting to hear how much time and thought went into that project. One of the things I remember him saying was they intentionally chose a gray/silver car that looked like an Accord. At one point during the journey they heard a cop on the radio say he clocked a gray Mercedes doing 130+. They had no idea which car was his because they all look the same on the highway.
Anyway, that's just some of the BS I keep feeding myself to justify not changing my order to UR. It does look amazing... I just prefer to fly under the radar. ;)

Here's a link to the video if anyone's interested in watching it, definitely worth the 20 mins:

Last edited:
Was there some damage to the wheel under the aero caps? When I took one of the caps off on the showroom model, the wheels looked really gross (and scratched). I plan to remove all of them during inspection so that new wheels can be added to the "list of issues" to be fixed up front. I have some PTSD about this, given that my last M3P had a severely gouged wheel from the delivery truck. :/

Read the thread and look at the pics. Wax took 98% off the plastic residue off (what appear to be scratches). There were two instances that I've so far noticed where there was actual damage but it's extremely minor.

If you want to do this, you probably want to do it immediately upon delivery.

Regarding exterior colors, I'm the opposite of the person who wraps their car in neon green. I want a car that disappears into the crowd so I'm not noticed while i'm engaged in constant Insane mode antics. Stealth Grey is the closest solution for that.
Totally subjective, but I 100% agree with this. The stealth grey is the stealthiest, of course. The red does look amazing in person, but it's too flashy. Also, I'm a weirdo and absolutely despise plastic bits all over my car. I actually like the outgoing M3P in this regard, as the bumpers are cleaner. The Black and SG are the only colors that hide the plastic bumper nonsense on the new model. But...I also prefer zero tint, so the SG is the happy medium, as I think the Black paint with zero tint will be a killer in AZ. Therefore, SG/white---no tint. :)

Read the thread and look at the pics. Wax took 98% off the plastic residue off (what appear to be scratches). There were two instances that I've so far noticed where there was actual damage but it's extremely minor.

If you want to do this, you probably want to do it immediately upon delivery.
Sorry! I did read the post, but must have skipped the top paragraph and went straight to the pictures. LOL. I prefer the caps removed, but if the wheels are scratched, even at all, I'd get them replaced, or keep the caps on personally. Fingers crossed that they are good. Do you think the scratches are a design flaw from the cap placement itself or installation ineptitude at the factory?

This is awesome. Thanks for the making and sharing the post!