Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This likely has been discussed before - I am being told my vehicle will be delivered to the delivery center here in Aurora, Colorado on the 12th, the day I leave for vaca. Today was my original delivery date up until the car was exposed in a hail storm and Tesla had to allocate a new VIN.

Given I'll be out of town for a week and cannot pick up in 3 days, they release the VIN, put the account on hold for 2 weeks then match my config to a new VIN? Is the purchaser required to take delivery or can a friend/family member pick up(who has access to the tesla account/app/insurance/etc)?

Poorly timed events.

Reactions: cptnslo
So just sharing some information on my experience thus far. My trade in on my 2020 LR Model 3 was initially decent at $21,200 however like many experienced, it just expired here June 3rd. So i re-submitted and the next day was shocked to see them come back with $18,100 now. Car had a little over 1,000 more miles since my initial submission - absolutely ridiculous. So i rejected that offer and found a local dealer that is going to purchase my car off of me for $23,000 even.

My Delivery Tasks now wants me to make final payment - but I do not have the ability to schedule my pick up date yet. Will that become available before I make final payment? Or do I need to make final payment in order to schedule a pick up? My delivery window is June 6th --> 12th.
same here. longer we wait for this car the lower our trade-in will be.

I'm in Austin, TX too, and was just wondering if you were able to pickup your ride today and how the process went for you. Thanks in advance for any knowledge kicked down to us poor souls who continue the never ending wait.
Yes, picked my M3P up today! A couple others were there as well for their M3P which were stealth grey and blue with white interiors. Everyone else was Model Y lol. Everything went smoothly and no issues on my end. Car looks great and haven’t noticed any issues yet with the exterior or interior!

This likely has been discussed before - I am being told my vehicle will be delivered to the delivery center here in Aurora, Colorado on the 12th, the day I leave for vaca. Today was my original delivery date up until the car was exposed in a hail storm and Tesla had to allocate a new VIN.

Given I'll be out of town for a week and cannot pick up in 3 days, they release the VIN, put the account on hold for 2 weeks then match my config to a new VIN? Is the purchaser required to take delivery or can a friend/family member pick up(who has access to the tesla account/app/insurance/etc)?

Poorly timed events.
I have another person on the title with me, and we both have to be there at delivery. So I'm guessing that would be a no to someone else picking it up for you.

Poorly timed events.
Hard to believe they won't just hold it that long. You can prob just pick a delivery date out that far.

Poorly timed events.
Other people mentioned they just talked to Tesla and got it held a bit longer

Other people mentioned they just talked to Tesla and got it held a bit longer
Yeah agreed.. hate to be a “Karen” - and apologies to all Karen’s out there that don’t deserve this stigma. But with the jerk around on EDD and everything Tesla does I would be raising hell (and I might be, have a vaca planned coming up ). At this point they should be working around your schedule, not theirs.

Yes, picked my M3P up today! A couple others were there as well for their M3P which were stealth grey and blue with white interiors. Everyone else was Model Y lol. Everything went smoothly and no issues on my end. Car looks great and haven’t noticed any issues yet with the exterior or interior!

Congrats dude!! I’m glad it all went smoothly for you, makes me feel good knowing the guys in town (assuming Pond Springs?) know how to push the firmware updates and get things out. I know you’ve have a VIN for a long time so I’m happy for you to finally have your very own M3P.

I hope you find some good streets in town to test out the performance. I can’t really tell you where the best spot would be, but if you live on the north or eastside of town you can always cut over to 130 and get that thing up to 100 at least and see how it accelerates 60-100. I don’t know if you’re a COTA kind of guy or if the mean streets of Austin are your stomping ground, but my favorite drive in town is 1431 west to marble falls….as long as no one’s in front of me slowing me down!!

Yeah agreed.. hate to be a “Karen” - and apologies to all Karen’s out there that don’t deserve this stigma. But with the jerk around on EDD and everything Tesla does I would be raising hell (and I might be, have a vaca planned coming up ). At this point they should be working around your schedule, not theirs.
I’m in the same situation my EDD kept moving and is now sitting over a 5 day trip

View attachment 1053902

Whelp, I got the call everyone dreads right before my appointment. At about an hour and a half before pickup, I got a call from the service center saying, "the front bumper was damaged during transport, and they will not allow me to pick up the vehicle." there was no additional information they could provide at the time. They have no estimate on how long it will take to replace / repair the issue, nor would they describe what exactly the issue was. I know it has to be a bit more than just cosmetic paint problems, otherwise they would just fix it in house and reschedule the pickup date.
It is near impossible to contact anyone via text or phone to ask for updates, so as of right now, I'm just waiting for a phone call or message that could be hours, days, or weeks away.
He did state that there are no other MP3's in the area that I could swap to and they are trying to come up with a resolution.
My worry is, the resolution will be ordering me another MP3 and putting me at the back of the waiting list.
If they did decide to repair or replace the bumper, how would you feel about paying full price for a vehicle that has already had parts replaced before you've ever seen it. I personally don't think it would be too big of a deal and don't think it's worth the hassle of complaining.
Also, what should my next steps be? should I continue to try and make contact with the delivery center or are there other means of contacting someone at tesla who might have answers. I should add that my schedule does not allow for me to visit the center without great inconvenience, so stopping by and hassling them in person would be a last resort option.

so far, they have not canceled my appointment and the app is just taunting me with the "accept delivery now" option :(

Update…
Got a call letting me know they cannot replace the bumper as there are no spare parts yet. Which makes sense.
The solution is to order a new car with a “Priority” status. When I asked if we’re looking at weeks or months, he could not confirm lol.
So we’re back to refreshing the app and hoping for a new VIN.