Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So it seems Tesla's claimed 2.9 0-60 WITH rollout is actually conservative, as people are getting that already WITHOUT rollout. So with rollout would be more in the 2.8s?
It will probably go as low as 2.90 without subtracting rollout 100% stock. I believe that is exactly what Cammisa was referring to. I honestly believe that 2.69 for 0-60 mph with rollout subtracted and 10.8x 1/4 mile @ 125+ mph is possible 100% stock with ideal conditions and an optimal battery. With weight reductions I am estimating mid 10s at 126+ mph and 0-60 mph in 2.7x without rollout subtracted. This thing has potential to be Corvette Z06 level of performance for drag racing. That is just stunning.

It's electric. Hammer it. That's an ICE thing. Piston seals, tolerances on the many moving things, first oil change etc.
Understand but respectfully disagree. Electric currents running through many connections and sensors and want the computers to calibrate. There have been a number of blown pyro fuses in the plaids hammered early. Setting brake pads, any new tire require a little seasoning as well. Sound is for the speaker cones that need to loosen up to prevent risk of strain/tear/blown. However unlikely I don’t want this car back in a long SC visit while the techs learn on a new model if something were to happen. I have the ability to wait another week while the excitement builds anew.

Yeah agreed.. hate to be a “Karen” - and apologies to all Karen’s out there that don’t deserve this stigma. But with the jerk around on EDD and everything Tesla does I would be raising hell (and I might be, have a vaca planned coming up ). At this point they should be working around your schedule, not theirs.
You would think that would be the case, and perhaps something has changed.... but it absolutely was not the case previously.

Sales are softer now, so maybe they have more lattitude? I said this before, but previously they would have ZERO problem holding your ORDER for 2 weeks while you were on vacation, but they would not hold your CAR (vin).

They would unmatch you and let the car go to someone else, put your account on hold till the date you specified, then take the account off hold when you got back (or at the agreed date) then you would get matched with another vin in the next batch that was available for your area (including if there were any in stock in your general area etc).

A few people have reported being told they will hold the car for 2 weeks and like I said as a reply to those posts, I would love to see that someone actually gets that done. It SHOULD be something that can happen, but It would be great to see someone actually have it happen (and hold the vin that was assigned to them for 2 weeks while they were unavailable).

Reactions: Raechris
Update…
Got a call letting me know they cannot replace the bumper as there are no spare parts yet. Which makes sense.
The solution is to order a new car with a “Priority” status. When I asked if we’re looking at weeks or months, he could not confirm lol.
So we’re back to refreshing the app and hoping for a new VIN.

Your probably going to get someone elses vin in your area that was just about to get theirs, lol (only partially joking).

Looking for any advice. I am in Northwest Ohio and the nearest Ohio Tesla location is nearly 160 miles away. When I ordered my car, the agent told me I could get it delivered. Now, I’m being told Tesla “doesn’t do home deliveries” and I would have to somehow get to the nearest Ohio location, as opposed to a Michigan store which is a quick 40 miles. Whoever is answering me in the app is pretty unhelpful, and every time I call the 800 number I’m told that no one can take my call right now and to try again later.

This likely has been discussed before - I am being told my vehicle will be delivered to the delivery center here in Aurora, Colorado on the 12th, the day I leave for vaca. Today was my original delivery date up until the car was exposed in a hail storm and Tesla had to allocate a new VIN.

Given I'll be out of town for a week and cannot pick up in 3 days, they release the VIN, put the account on hold for 2 weeks then match my config to a new VIN? Is the purchaser required to take delivery or can a friend/family member pick up(who has access to the tesla account/app/insurance/etc)?

Poorly timed events.
I was also told today that my car is "in transit" to Colorado and will be delivered at the Aurora location on the 12th. Maybe we will see that date move forward, as I'm hoping it only takes another day or two to train to Colorado, and another day or two to truck to Aurora and get PDI'd for delivery.

Yes. I just used it to sell my 2019 SR+ for $25k. Pretty straightforward.
For anyone interested in a private sale, I used "Caramel" to sell my M3P. The platform was fantastic! They cater to those who still have a lien on their vehicle. I was able to sell my car to someone else who also brought it an outside loan, which would be total nightmare trying to do the paperwork on our own. The cost was just $95 for the buyer and $95 for the seller. The cost for the buyer goes up to $295 if they are applying the used EV credit (not applicable in my case, since I sold a 2023). I highly recommend this service. I really liked how it protects the buyer and seller from any risk. Let me know if you have any questions.

So….Originally I ordered SG/Blk, but after seeing bunch of SG normal M3s on the road, I changed my order to Blue/Blk! The fact that less people are ordering blue also did the trick for me. Also, like everyone mentioned before, Tesla honored my previous order date price not the current one. Tesla will never make blue free color so it will be little more rare color. It will also be easier to find in the parking lot with hundreds white and grey M3s. 🤣

Understand but respectfully disagree. Electric currents running through many connections and sensors and want the computers to calibrate. There have been a number of blown pyro fuses in the plaids hammered early. Setting brake pads, any new tire require a little seasoning as well. Sound is for the speaker cones that need to loosen up to prevent risk of strain/tear/blown. However unlikely I don’t want this car back in a long SC visit while the techs learn on a new model if something were to happen. I have the ability to wait another week while the excitement builds anew.

It might make you feel good, but it's in your head and a carry over from ICE. You don't run your air conditioner at half load for the first week. Same thing. Enjoy the ride.

Reactions: cubicalclang
In just two months, they whittled down my trade-in from 27,000 to 23,500. '21 Long Range with around 26K miles. Absolutely ridiculous. Worst part of the process, for me. Glad you found a better price.
Oh geez. That’s not good. My original offer was about 1400 more than the principal left on my loan (2021 LR) which I was fine with. Don’t worry it’s still way negative equity given what I put as a down payment. 😢Since I’ve made another payment now about 2100 over principal. As long as it doesn’t drop more than that (so even) I’ll still do the trade but it still seems iffy from what you and others report. My 30 day offer expires 6/7 and edd is 6/13-6/20. I have a vin so hopefully that range is accurate. Nonetheless I will have to get a new offer. Fingers crossed.

So….Originally I ordered SG/Blk, but after seeing bunch of SG normal M3s on the road, I changed my order to Blue/Blk! The fact that less people are ordering blue also did the trick for me. Also, like everyone mentioned before, Tesla honored my previous order date price not the current one. Tesla will never make blue free color so it will be little more rare color. It will also be easier to find in the parking lot with hundreds white and grey M3s. 🤣
lol I just changed my order from blue/black to white/black because well I’ve always had white cars and I like the contrast.

Reactions: kardis1221
You still got gears screaming along with what ever torque and RPM that is feed to them with no mercy of a shift (oil filter there to catch the chaff)

Reactions: Raechris