Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my new grey M3P Saturday. The hype is real. The best parallel i can make is that Tesla engineering improved the EV performance, handling, etc., and if feels like it was built by Audi, BMW, Mercedes. (My prior 3 cars were Audi A7, A7 and S5) This is not your typical Tesla build quality. I’m coming from a 2021 M3P, that i sold the day after picking up my new vehicle, so i was able to drive them back to back. The new car is materially better in all respects. Most of the complaints i had with my prior vehicle have been resolved with this new model The thud the door makes when I close it makes me smile. I’d prefer stalks, but even that is growing on me.

If anyone knows how to remove the larger aero inserts, please let me know or point me to a post or video. Thanks.

Picked it up today in Cherry hill NJ,
IMG_1081.jpeg
awesome car!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1079.jpeg
    IMG_1079.jpeg
    921.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1085.jpeg
    IMG_1085.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1083.jpeg
    IMG_1083.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
You agree to schedule and take delivery of your Vehicle within three (3) days of this date. If you do not respond to our notification or are unable to take delivery within the specified period, your Vehicle may be made available for sale to other customers. For new vehicles, if you do not take delivery within fourteen (14) days of our first attempt to notify you, Tesla may cancel your order and keep your Order Fee.

Reactions: jose3030
Picked up my new grey M3P Saturday. The hype is real. The best parallel i can make is that Tesla engineering improved the EV performance, handling, etc., and if feels like it was built by Audi, BMW, Mercedes. (My prior 3 cars were Audi A7, A7 and S5) This is not your typical Tesla build quality. I’m coming from a 2021 M3P, that i sold the day after picking up my new vehicle, so i was able to drive them back to back. The new car is materially better in all respects. Most of the complaints i had with my prior vehicle have been resolved with this new model The thud the door makes when I close it makes me smile. I’d prefer stalks, but even that is growing on me.

If anyone knows how to remove the larger aero inserts, please let me know or point me to a post or video. Thanks.
I'll have my 2018 Model 3 Dual Motor for a bit alongside my new M3P and I'm excited to be able to compare them side by side. I love my 2018 Model 3 and am having trouble letting it go, but I'm hoping I won't feel that way once I've spending time in the new one...

Reactions: jose3030
Picked it up today in Cherry hill NJ, View attachment 1054014awesome car!!!
Awesome performance car set with the z51 with the added aero! I’m interested in getting your comparison as acceleration stats look almost identical on paper. Also how does the Adaptive Suspension compare to the Magnetic Ride Control? If only Tesla had a new Ludicrous / Performance drivers school like Chevy, Cadillac,BMW, AMG…

Reactions: VRUNNER
I was also told today that my car is "in transit" to Colorado and will be delivered at the Aurora location on the 12th. Maybe we will see that date move forward, as I'm hoping it only takes another day or two to train to Colorado, and another day or two to truck to Aurora and get PDI'd for delivery.
They must be flying it in just for you since it seems the rest of us Denverites have either received no VIN or those that have seem to still not have taken delivery. I know the hail screwed it up but I wonder where all the cars have gone.

Congrats dude!! I’m glad it all went smoothly for you, makes me feel good knowing the guys in town (assuming Pond Springs?) know how to push the firmware updates and get things out. I know you’ve have a VIN for a long time so I’m happy for you to finally have your very own M3P.

I hope you find some good streets in town to test out the performance. I can’t really tell you where the best spot would be, but if you live on the north or eastside of town you can always cut over to 130 and get that thing up to 100 at least and see how it accelerates 60-100. I don’t know if you’re a COTA kind of guy or if the mean streets of Austin are your stomping ground, but my favorite drive in town is 1431 west to marble falls….as long as no one’s in front of me slowing me down!!
Thank you! And yes, Pond Springs location seems to be pretty good, but it's my first Tesla so we shall see. They seemed to move pretty fast with the delivery process to. About 10 people showed up at the same time as me, and they were able to pull in my car straight from the wash and got me setup within a few minutes. About a week and a half ago, I went in just to see if they could tell me if my car was in Austin, and they were able to confirm. They said it was "a few blocks down the road" (rather than the lot that's like right behind the store). I got curious and used google maps to see where else they kept their cars, and it looks like they have a lot next to Gateway Church on McNeil. I didn't bother to confirm in person, but if you're ever curious to see what they got...I actually also saw a delivery truck with a bunch of Teslas right around that area after I picked up my car too.

Appreciate the suggestions on the areas to test the car! I'll have to check out COTA sometime, and I have for sure used 130 before in other (slow) cars 😉

I’ve read that the inner inserts can only be removed by taking the tires off. The outer ones can be removed from the outside, but leave some ugly holes.

• Disagree
Reactions: Gasaraki