Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can almost guarantee you it is in fact the inserts. It almost sounds like dirt is being flung up against them but not possible when going 1 mph. I know its sounds odd and I wouldn't think the wheels are flexing but not really sure of any other explanation other than the fittings being super tight and there being some flex when moving around. Someone else noticed it on the thread I made as well so not just me.

Here is a vid of the sound. Watch IMG_7655 | Streamable

also its not only one insert, sounds like its coming from all 4 wheels

Having taken the wheels off mine and removed the inserts, I don't see how they could flex or click. They are super tight. Have you gone around the car and tried to jiggle each one (even the small ones) by hand to see if any are loose? Also take off and reinstall the center caps too: I don't know how but what if there's a small pebble or some sort of debris inside the center cap(s)?

Reactions: Gasaraki
Having taken the wheels off mine and removed the inserts, I don't see how they could flex or click. They are super tight. Have you gone around the car and tried to jiggle each one (even the small ones) by hand to see if any are loose? Also take off and reinstall the center caps too: I don't know how but what if there's a small pebble or some sort of debris inside the center cap(s)?
That is actually possible, I have yet to check the center caps for debris. I did go around and jiggle them and they feel very solid but wonder if there is something stuck in there

Keep the faith all you dudes and dudettes. It will happen!
1718059411703.jpeg

Hmm, your brakes have white lettering while the marketing photos show black lettering. I know just a cosmetic detail, but makes me wonder if they’re installing the old m3p brakes on some of these (including the pads which supposedly did change)
The calipers are identical to my '23. The pads are the only thing different. Most marketing material is CGI. I'm not aware of any changes to the calipers

HOLLY HELL ...

My order just updated from June 28-30 to July 30 - September 3

I changed my color last week from SG to White

SO ...

EDD 1: June
EDD 2: July 8 - August 19
EDD 3: June 28 - June 30
EDD 4: July 30 - Sept. 3
Welcome to the east coast EDD Suck club... Sorry, I feel your pain. East coasters getting the west coast quarter shaft. Hopefully yours will shift back.

To the people who were able to schedule delivery by calling, how did you do it? Whenever I call, I get an automated robot and eventually it just hangs up. Texting my SA was not super helpful either. I'm two days out from the start of EDD but no delivery appointment, so getting a bit nervous.

XPEL Corporate for PPF and front windshield because they said they'd be able to do 70% on the windshield. AND they give 10% off for TMC members. I've heard Authentic Details is also great for XPEL products. I quoted Austin Auto Finishes as well but was not too familiar with their tint (Madico) or PPF offerings (Premium Elite).

Yeah the XPEL corporate looks to be of solid quality. I've gotten a few quotes at this point, mostly for XPEL stealth, but I did get one from a company that utilized a different material as well. Mostly it's been about $6k for the full body PPF, $1k for tinting all glass, and $800 for 5-7 year ceramic coat.

QUESTION OPEN FOR THE BOARD as well as yourself: Is anyone familiar with Kavaca brand PPF? Any thoughts?