Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think us CA folks are about to get bad news either later this week or early next week.

No transparency out of Fremont, but my guess is they are not able to keep up and hit their delivery numbers which is why everyone without a VIN right now is unlikely to get a June delivery.
I am thinking the same thing. Even if you were to get a VIN within the next week, the likelihood that the car would make it to the delivery location and you would take delivery is very small. My EDD is currently 6/20-6/30. Midwest state. Ordered 4/23. No way in hell that they're going to get me a VIN and delivery in the next 2-3 weeks at this pace. I am just trying to come to terms that I likely wont take delivery until July-August =/

Everyone predicted they would be pumping out M3P to try and hit end of quarter numbers, but the exact opposite happened. A bunch of VINs later last month and almost nothing so far this month. Maybe it's easier to pump out older models to try and buff sales before end of quarter.

This bouncing around makes it real hard to sell my car privately…. Hoping EDD moves back up later this month. I’m sure we aren’t just totally skipping July, so we’ll see. I’m hopeful but definitely disappointed. Summer tires for a September delivery would suck, I really want to make this a fun summer!!

Reactions: arkhos
This bouncing around makes it real hard to sell my car privately…. Hoping EDD moves back up later this month. I’m sure we aren’t just totally skipping July, so we’ll see. I’m hopeful but definitely disappointed. Summer tires for a September delivery would suck, I really want to make this a fun summer!!

24 VINs went out since last week, this represents about 10% of all vins on the tracker. About 60% 4/23 orders have gotten a VIN. If this exact snail pace keeps up, in about 8-weeks we should have vins.

If it was last weeks pace I think it was tinge over two weeks. We may see this slow pace than a massive floodgate like we did last week with VIN assignments.

• Informative
Reactions: Andrés Ornelas
We still have another two weeks. If you haven’t received your VIN by then, it looks like August - September delivery, possibly July.
Yeah, I think there’s hope till around June 15, so 5 more days. But looking at the anemic rate of new VINs being assigned and posted, things have slowed down a lot so I don’t have much hope.

It’s possible that there’s a supply chain problem now trying to get all the M3P components together that qualify for the tax credit. They might have used up those components on the last batches of MYs.

Even if you were to get a VIN within the next week, the likelihood that the car would make it to the delivery location and you would take delivery is very small.
This isnt true, for CA anyway. The time between "Vin" and "delivery" does not involve any logisitics except for a car carrier. Its a one day trip from Northern CA to Southern CA by car carrier, and a "Zero day" trip to anywhere in Northern CA from the factory.

I am fairly certain that my time from "Vin" to picking up the car" for my wifes ordered model Y was about 5-6 days total (in 2022), so nothing precludes someone in CA getting a Vin next week and not making it for end of June delivery.

Reactions: zeroifex
24 VINs went out since last week, this represents about 10% of all vins on the tracker. About 60% 4/23 orders have gotten a VIN. If this exact snail pace keeps up, in about 8-weeks we should have vins.

If it was last weeks pace I think it was tinge over two weeks. We may see this slow pace than a massive floodgate like we did last week with VIN assignments.
Yeah I keep telling myself “tomorrow is the day stuff is going to speed up again”. Then tomorrow happens and still only a couple VINs a day. Would love to see another drone fly over to see if there’s stilly empty lots.

Reactions: TulsaCoker
This isnt true, for CA anyway. The time between "Vin" and "delivery" does not involve any logisitics except for a car carrier. Its a one day trip from Northern CA to Southern CA by car carrier, and a "Zero day" trip to anywhere in Northern CA from the factory.

I am fairly certain that my time from "Vin" to picking up the car" for my wifes ordered model Y was about 5-6 days total (in 2022), so nothing precludes someone in CA getting a Vin next week and not making it for end of June delivery.
I should have clarified. I was referring more to Midwest/East coast orders. Ca is a different ballgame.

Welp day one order 50 mins after release
Fremont order
I’m pretty sure my EDD has moved like 13 times lol
12th EDD was June 9 - June 30
13th EDD is now June 20 June 30

Really hoping it won’t be pushed to July
Is your delivery location at the manufacturing facility itself? There's a report on TMC with a user getting a VIN exactly five hours after ordering and one on reddit three hours after ordering.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Is your delivery location at the manufacturing facility itself? There's a report on TMC with a user getting a VIN exactly five hours after ordering and one on reddit three hours after ordering.
Yup Fremont factory,
Haha welp congrats to those individuals. I think on the tracker there’s like seven day one orders still left in the Bay Area assuming they didn’t update

I understand that EDDs are “fake/estimates” haha but 13 EDD changes is a little much

• Funny
Reactions: jose3030
Yup Fremont factory,
Haha welp congrats to those individuals. I think on the tracker there’s like seven day one orders still left in the Bay Area assuming they didn’t update

I understand that EDDs are “fake/estimates” haha but 13 EDD changes is a little much
I'm almost certain Elon hired someone at Fremont that just pulls order numbers out of a hat for the entire day that decides who is the lucky group that gets a VIN.

I got my vin on the 5th. Got a message for pickup the following day for either 7th, 8th or 9th. My car was made on June 1st. I'm from SoCal

I doubt it's the inserts making sounds unless the inserts are loose on the wheels or that the wheels are flexing is some way to rub against the insert and I don't imagine the wheels flexing.
I can almost guarantee you it is in fact the inserts. It almost sounds like dirt is being flung up against them but not possible when going 1 mph. I know its sounds odd and I wouldn't think the wheels are flexing but not really sure of any other explanation other than the fittings being super tight and there being some flex when moving around. Someone else noticed it on the thread I made as well so not just me.

Here is a vid of the sound. Watch IMG_7655 | Streamable

also its not only one insert, sounds like its coming from all 4 wheels

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Andrés Ornelas
Sell it and get a rental until your car arrives. It's about the same cost. That's what I did. Was without it for about 30 days.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
same here. trade-in value for my 2020 m3p has taken a hit over the last few weeks. finally able to agree on a price today at a non-tesla dealer.