Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wasn't even going to share this thought as I think it's probably crazy but everyone loves a good conspiracy theory so here goes...

What if the slowdown of deliveries is because they are trying to stall to give time for FSD 12.4.1 to be fully released? I know they are really pushing FSD and making new owners take an FSD test drive prior to delivery plus giving the month free FSD. What if they just want better FSD first impressions when the cars are delivered?

• Disagree
Reactions: Gasaraki
Someone posted to Reddit owners car is looking 👏
1718070788293.png

I wasn't even going to share this thought as I think it's probably crazy but everyone loves a good conspiracy theory so here goes...

What if the slowdown of deliveries is because they are trying to stall to give time for FSD 12.4.1 to be fully released? I know they are really pushing FSD and making new owners take an FSD test drive prior to delivery plus giving the month free FSD. What if they just want better FSD first impressions when the cars are delivered?
Honestly not the craziest conspiracy theories I've heard.

I know they are really pushing FSD and making new owners take an FSD test drive prior to delivery

They what now? Making new owners take an FSD test drive prior to delivery? I dont follow the FSD debate, as I am very much over the discussion, but are you saying Tesla is somehow telling people they cant pick up their car without going on a test drive, with FSD?

Yeah don’t buy that for a second. Personally I dislike conspiracy theories.

They what now? Making new owners take an FSD test drive prior to delivery? I dont follow the FSD debate, as I am very much over the discussion, but are you saying Tesla is somehow telling people they cant pick up their car without going on a test drive, with FSD?

I doubt they'll refuse delivery: didn't mean to imply that. But it wasn't offered as an "option" when I picked mine up. There were three people taking delivery in my timeslot so the SA approached us as a group and just said, "Before you take delivery I'm going to take you on a short FSD test drive. Your car comes with 1 month free and I'm going to show you how to use it." I doubt they would have refused delivery if I said, "No thanks. I'll wait for you guys to get back." But I didn't care: went along for the ride for the lulz.

OK, it's possible I'm just losing my mind but I've had a few days with my car and if you pressed me to give an opinion on the new stereo, at this point I'd have to say I don't think it's as good as the one in my 2021 Model 3 LR. Maybe you guys have a suggestion on settings that would help? I'm listening to the same stuff and have the sound settings the same as my 2021 and even tried different sound settings figuring the new car might need new sound settings if it's a new stereo, new speakers, etc. For the life of me I can't get it to sound as good as the older car no matter what settings I try. It doesn't have quite as much volume as the old car and the bass is more of a "rumble" than a "punch" like the old one.

• Informative
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
OK, it's possible I'm just losing my mind but I've had a few days with my car and if you pressed me to give an opinion on the new stereo, at this point I'd have to say I don't think it's as good as the one in my 2021 Model 3 LR. Maybe you guys have a suggestion on settings that would help? I'm listening to the same stuff and have the sound settings the same as my 2021 and even tried different sound settings figuring the new car might need new sound settings if it's a new stereo, new speakers, etc. For the life of me I can't get it to sound as good as the older car no matter what settings I try. It doesn't have quite as much volume as the old car and the bass is more of a "rumble" than a "punch" like the old one.
My experience is new speakers take a while to break in. Had the same issue on last several teslas and after a month at moderate volume they sound excellent

Really! Never heard of that. Dang. Never too old to learn. 🤓

Speakers can definitely take some time to break in, for sure. Depending on how old your Tesla was, there could be a slightly different number of speakers I think? I havent followed that closely.

I am a home theater audiophile but dont care a ton about music. Regular music streamed over bluetooth is fine for me, but I dont like watching streaming movies at home since I can hear the difference between atmos on a 4k blue ray and atmos streaming online even though I have plenty of bandwith, etc etc.

Isn’t there a significant difference in the amount of speakers as well?

Reactions: jjrandorin