Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Buy yourself touch up paint from Tesla for <$100 and it will be as good at front end PFF. Perhaps some folks are hyper aware of other people's vehicles, but I have never once in my life looked at someone's hood and noticed tiny little rock chips. Hell I don't even noticed them on my 8 yr old vehicles unless I'm hand washing them. So in the end, you'd strictly be spending the money on PFF for yourself as less than 0.0001% of people will ever notice.
I like this as a solution. I can just do ceramic coating to save some time in washing and call it a day. Thanks!

Just had my 4/30 SG/B Chicago area EDD advance from July 1 - Sept 5 to June 21 - June 30. Navigating an early lease turn in on my 2021 M3P, so I’d actually prefer this pushing to July and will likely delay as long as possible.
Which showroom are you picking up at?

I’m Libertyville on a 4/23 SG/B order and I went from June 20th - June 30th to July 30th - August 25th earlier this week on Tuesday.

Reactions: mousekiks
There are 8 M3P Highlands on TeslaFi with FSD, all running that build.
I wonder what's up with TeslaFi. I've been a member since 2021 and updated it with my M3P on June 6 yet my car doesn't show. I checked my settings and made sure the share box is checked but I don't see why mine is not included. Everything works for me but my car isn't listed when you filter it to "3 Highland Performance". Also checked to make sure under "Vehicle" it actually shows as Model 3 Highland Performance... and it does.

Which showroom are you picking up at?

I’m Libertyville on a 4/23 SG/B order and I went from June 20th - June 30th to July 30th - August 25th earlier this week on Tuesday.
Lisle though I work near Schaumburg so that could work too. Also trying to get into the new IL fiscal year because it looks like they have $14M in appropriations for the $4k EV rebate program that I anticipate will open July 1 and I’m not holding my breath that they’ll honor pre-FY2025 purchases within their 90 day purchase window (ie purchase prior to July 1, but within 90 days of the rebate window opening).

Another thing to maybe look for / ask about on inspection. I took all my aero caps off today (looks great!) but noticed this thing inside the rear driverside wheel. Maybe a balancing thing if the wheel was slightly off spec for balance? It doesn’t feel to have much mass though, not like a piece of steel. More like a dense foam rubber strip, although it is stuck in there well. There’s also some weird spotting higher up, gonna try to to clean that up shortly.

I have a service appointment scheduled for July 3rd to adjust a trunk to c-pillar misalignment so will definitely ask them about it then. If it is something with balance I’m past 100 miles now so can’t complain too much about getting a new wheel, I’ll probably just paint over it with some matte black paint so it doesn’t stick out so much.
IMG_1905.jpeg

Another thing to maybe look for / ask about on inspection. I took all my aero caps off today (looks great!) but noticed this thing inside the rear driverside wheel. Maybe a balancing thing if the wheel was slightly off spec for balance? It doesn’t feel to have much mass though, not like a piece of steel. More like a dense foam rubber strip, although it is stuck in there well. There’s also some weird spotting higher up, gonna try to to clean that up shortly.

I have a service appointment scheduled for July 3rd to adjust a trunk to c-pillar misalignment so will definitely ask them about it then. If it is something with balance I’m past 100 miles now so can’t complain too much about getting a new wheel, I’ll probably just paint over it with some matte black paint so it doesn’t stick out so much.View attachment 1057055
That's a wheel weight. Any time tires are installed they have to be balanced, and weights are added to make sure the tire spins perfectly.

Love this thread! But lately been reading a lot of complaints on EDD and how Tesla structures their estimated dates and vin assignments. Yes I have a VIN, but my dates fluctuated so much that I truly felt the frustration and anxiety of it. But then out of no where I got a VIN assigned and then I no longer cared. All I could think about is the car and just having it in my possession. So point is, I understand the annoyance and frustration. But that comes with the process of buying these cars through Tesla. Get excited! These vehicles are amazing and once you have it you’ll stop thinking about it! Praying for more vin assignments this month
The whole point is that annoyance and frustration should not be part of “buying these cars through Tesla.”

I’m so sick of the guessing games. I bought this thinking my current car has enough time left given the Tesla EDD, but now I’m left questioning that altogether. We’re talking about a 2-3 month difference in the EDD they gave me and what they’re giving me now. That’s insane!

Reactions: dd_720

I have a service appointment scheduled for July 3rd to adjust a trunk to c-pillar misalignment so will definitely ask them about it then. If it is something with balance I’m past 100 miles now so can’t complain too much about getting a new wheel, I’ll probably just paint over it with some matte black paint so it doesn’t stick out so much.View attachment 1057055
thats a wheel weight. 100% normal

Lisle though I work near Schaumburg so that could work too. Also trying to get into the new IL fiscal year because it looks like they have $14M in appropriations for the $4k EV rebate program that I anticipate will open July 1 and I’m not holding my breath that they’ll honor pre-FY2025 purchases within their 90 day purchase window (ie purchase prior to July 1, but within 90 days of the rebate window opening).
Schaumburg doesn’t do deliveries from what I was told over the phone from that location. Also didn’t that 4K rebate dry up?

I have VIN now, so I am about to switch from "cash" to financing. Two questions...

1) What financing rates are people typically getting? I have around an 800 credit score. Trying to get an idea what my % will be
2) How soon after doing the financing stuff in the APP does it go through and you get your offer? Does it instantly run your credit and provide you with an offer?

Thanks.