Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
<snip>

- i wasn't planning on doing PPF, until i found a cheap place for only the front bumper for $500 today

- i will DIY PPF some easy spots on the car.
Is there a thread around here on PPF DIY some of the easier spots? If not, I’d be interested if you’d like to say more.
Years ago when I looked into it, the material was almost as expensive to buy and put on myself as having it done.

I have VIN now, so I am about to switch from "cash" to financing. Two questions...

1) What financing rates are people typically getting? I have around an 800 credit score. Trying to get an idea what my % will be
2) How soon after doing the financing stuff in the APP does it go through and you get your offer? Does it instantly run your credit and provide you with an offer?

Thanks.

Go through a Credit Union. A good one should be able to offer you 5% with your 800 score.

Reactions: Sandee3
Most people don't understand the value of PPF. If you are saying things like "it's cheaper to repaint", you're missing the point.

If you don't care about rock chips slowly destroying the front of your car, that's totally fine. Most people don't.

If it does bother you, that means you have to watch the process happen over time, be bothered by it, then eventually take it in for that repaint. At which point, of course the process starts over again and now you have to go through it twice.

The point of PPF, is to always have a (more or less) perfect looking paint job.
If you keep up with things and get pretty good fixing the chips yourself…paint looks great always too. PPF also gets chips and tears and you have to replace the whole panel which cost a lot more than a dab or two of paint. I’ve experienced both scenarios and I’ll never PPF a whole vehicle again…only use it where’s it’s needed. To each his own though!

I refuse to order one (to replace my 2020 M3P) until there is some predictability around availability and pricing. Placing an order and then sitting around wondering when it will actually get built/delivered is just silly. If they want to sell more cars, perhaps they need to figure out how to actually fill their existing sales pipeline.

Frustrating.
This is just silly…it’s your loss as you are just without or making the wait even longer by delaying your order! The car is worth the tiny wait!

Reactions: Hebber
Hi
I’m new here.
I have delivery of M3HP next week.
Any initial tip ?
Thanks
Don’t get hit by a deer 🦌 the second day of owning the car. Rats on stilts.

IMG_7043.jpeg

Thinking of just canceling my order and getting a plaid …. Placed mine may 24 and keeps getting pushed back weekly from June now to aug-September

I thought about getting an S Plaid as well, but just can't justify spending an extra 30-35K (significantly upping my annual property tax and insurance costs). They are available pretty much instantly though and are fun to drive.

Best,

Tysons? i need your SA ha
Tysons? i need your SA ha

This is an update to the above.

My SA called me this morning early and again I was in bed reading. He wanted to see the price if he were to assign my order to the white M3P. He was shocked that the system was not showing the current price, BUT the price when I ordered. He asked my permission to make it happen and I said yes.

Immediately my app updated with a VIN and asked me to show proof of insurance.

OMG! He scheduled me for delivery this Wed.

Please read this: If you do NOT have a VIN and find an available MP3 on the lot, the pricing of that vehicle will be the price when you ordered!

My SA was shocked as he has had Model Y customers do the same and it has always defaulted to current pricing. He is not sure why it allowed my order to default to the pricing level from May 1 (when I ordered). As a result, I will get my $7500 tax credit

View attachment 1057048