Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, but they will impact your credit score the same amount the first one did. A fictitious example would be, if the first credit pull dropped your score 25 points, and then you get another hard pull 60 days later, your score will go down an additional 25 points on top of the first drop.

For credit applications for car loans, all applications within a 2-3 week time frame are treated as one so they only drop your credit score once, no matter how many of them you do in that short time frame because its assumed you are shopping for a loan.

So, 6 credit apps for a car loan at over a 2 week period would only drop your score that same 25 points the first one did (again the number of point drop is made up by me).

2 credit apps over a 60 day period would drop your score a combined 50 points over that time.

It may or may not matter to a person, for various reasons, but in general its a good idea to be aware of this stuff and avoid unnecessary credit pulls.

I guess it's hard to say given how many factors are involved in credit scores. I can see my score drop on 4/23 the day I applied for the Tesla loan. It went down 6 points due to that credit check. I'm not going to say my exact credit score but it's over 800 so that's in the noise for me. But by the time I took delivery on 6/6, I checked it again and I had already gained back 8 points. Impossible to tell if 6 of those were me getting back the points lost to the credit check or whether it's just fluctuating credit card monthly expenditures. I never have a balance on my credit cards but my score gets dinged more by what I've currently spent on my credit card for the month (before I even pay it for that month) than any credit checks.

I suppose maybe if I held balances on credit cards I'd get dinged more by credit checks. I don't really know. I'm lucky enough that credit scores have never been something I've had to worry about.

Reactions: arkhos
Michigan, 6/1 order Blue/White. Last week Monday, the 10th, my EDD was showing as June 10 - June 19. Then Wednesday, the 12th, changed to Aug 1 - Sep 12. I noticed an entry on the tracker sheet had the same config ordered on the 10th, and got assigned VIN the same day. I'm wondering if that order in Cleveland got the car I would've been assigned.
Guy in the Midwest orders in June and gets a VIN immediately!

Got some bad news for you there, day 1 order and just checked my EDD again, was July 3 - July 31st at 7am but is now showing July 22nd - Aug 26th.

Seems East Coast just is not going to get a single car sent outside the initial few for months
It sucks because by the time we get our cars it will be almost time for winter. Takes the fun out of driving a performance model.

Reactions: ads230
Last time I purchased my m3p SA told me that you get a vin when your car goes into production or finishes production. They still have to transport the car to your delivery location. The SA contacted me while my car was en route and setup a delivery date. They called me back the day before delivery to push it back for one more day because the transport did not arrive in time for them to prep the car for delivery. So yes they will contact you. Also look in the app. It should populate with delivery date and time and you can choose.
I got my VIN on Saturday in Phoenix. The next day they asked me if I wanted to come pick it up. So at least in my case, they shipped and delivered to the service center before assigning me a VIN. I wasn't able to get it yesterday as cash had not transferred into my bank account. I'm picking up today at 2:30 :)

Got some bad news for you there, day 1 order and just checked my EDD again, was July 3 - July 31st at 7am but is now showing July 22nd - Aug 26th.

Seems East Coast just is not going to get a single car sent outside the initial few for months
Was just at the Norwell, MA location over the weekend they have 2 MP3's they just received this past week. 1 Stealth Grey & 1 Ultra Red.
Both are sold - deliveries for customers ; but just pointing out they are getting some orders filled.