Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been bummed out ever since my EDD got pushed out even further yesterday.

Then all of a sudden got a text from Tesla today. Could those reports of an EDD push out just to then suddenly get a VIN be true?!

Sees preview text
OMG
Clicks into text
Oh F RIGHT OFF Tesla.

Attachments

• IMG_3441.jpeg
    IMG_3441.jpeg
    38.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3442.jpeg
    IMG_3442.jpeg
    228.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Funny
Reactions: AJ Henderson
This has been mentioned more than once in this thread, but for Tesla "money is money is money". There is no difference to them in cash vs financing, from a "we are getting our money on time" perspective.

The difference is simply one of having your profile complete, or having financing approval lapse or something like that. You want a complete profile, or as complete as you can make it. Putting "Cash" makes it so the financing part of your profile is complete (and stays complete, without potential lapse in finance approvals etc).

Thats why the advise is to put cash in your profile, and then change it to financing after you get a vin if you are a person who is certain that you can get approved for financing.
yes as added anecdotal evidence, i changed back to financing with a third party yesterday and filled in who i was going to go with (hadn’t even applied yet). i woke up to a VIN this morning. so as you said, money is money as long as your steps are complete, it has no bearing on delivery date.

VIN assigned, White/Black, San Diego, 4/25 order date, EDD Jun 19-25

Just saw that the LR now qualifies for the 7.5k tax credit. Hope this will lower the demand for the P and speed up deliveries + bring the price back down.
holy cow this makes my decision much harder…

edit: after some thought, i think that the 45% faster acceleration, sport seats, and adaptive suspension is worth the extra $5.5k(13%) in my case ($46.5k vs $41k)

Last edited:
Went to local delivery center this morning and they said my cart is expected to get there early next week! Getting excited but also nervous about it getting delayed due to damage during transport ha.

Is there a recommended car wash brand of products that most of you guys use? I have heard chemical guys is quality product. I have never had a Tesla so wasn't sure whats the best stuff to use to clean the seats/interior/exterior/rims.

Are there any "must haves" that I should get prior to picking up my car? So far I have:
-All weather car mats
-charger installed
-Plastic pry tool to take off aero caps
-I was going to get screen protectors, but then someone pointed out that the user manual recommends AGAINST using screen protectors, so I canceled that

Spoke too soon. Received a text stating the vehicle is delayed in transit and delivery will be pushed back 1 day.
Still, at least you’re one step closer! Thanks and congrats!

Someone above said they’re a delay away from switching to the LR now that it qualifies for the tax credit. Maaaaaaaaaaaaan the LR looking real juicy now and I’m sure I’d be able to get it TODAY.

Reactions: dd_720
News about the LR being tax credit eligible is great. Hopefully clears the queue for M3P as the buyers optimizing for the tax credit switch their orders out.

Not gonna lie, I am also considering it. Another EDD delay and I might do it.
I'm kinda thinking about it. Now that the LR has the credit too, I am basically paying $7,500 extra (the M3P) for a faster vehicle, bigger but less efficient wheels, and mildly different front and rear styling. I don't know if $7500 (+ more for replacement tires, more for power consumption) is worth it since this is just a commuter vehicle for me. End of the day I'll probably keep it because I think it looks better than the basic LR.

I'm kinda thinking about it. Now that the LR has the credit too, I am basically paying $7,500 extra (the M3P) for a faster vehicle, bigger but less efficient wheels, and mildly different front and rear styling. I don't know if $7500 (+ more for replacement tires, more for power consumption) is worth it since this is just a commuter vehicle for me. End of the day I'll probably keep it because I think it looks better than the basic LR.
I've always had FOMO for not getting the Performance 3 back in 2018 so I am going to stick to my current order.

Just saw that the LR now qualifies for the 7.5k tax credit. Hope this will lower the demand for the P and speed up deliveries + bring the price back down.
With our luck it will just mean they move more lines to the M3LR and we end up waiting longer.
You and me both haha
I already told the wife but she has a MYP so I think I'm safe.

Went to local delivery center this morning and they said my cart is expected to get there early next week! Getting excited but also nervous about it getting delayed due to damage during transport ha.

Is there a recommended car wash brand of products that most of you guys use? I have heard chemical guys is quality product. I have never had a Tesla so wasn't sure whats the best stuff to use to clean the seats/interior/exterior/rims.

Are there any "must haves" that I should get prior to picking up my car? So far I have:
-All weather car mats
-charger installed
-Plastic pry tool to take off aero caps
-I was going to get screen protectors, but then someone pointed out that the user manual recommends AGAINST using screen protectors, so I canceled that
It's a car, whatever quality shampoo for the paint and interior cleaner will be fine. I do use some Chemical Guys stuff but I also use other products too. The screen protector thing is a bit of a head scratcher. I have not experienced any issues, ghost touches, whatever in the 3 years of using one. I put one on as soon as I got my car home.

Reactions: arkhos and P-Lo801
It's a car, whatever quality shampoo for the paint and interior cleaner will be fine. I do use some Chemical Guys stuff but I also use other products too. The screen protector thing is a bit of a head scratcher. I have not experienced any issues, ghost touches, whatever in the 3 years of using one. I put one on as soon as I got my car home.
I use one in my wife's y without issue as well. I have a matte one that reduces reflections.

And the travesty of stickers on cars contiunes……Oh the humanity…
🤣 I have personally touched the hearts of no less than 5 complete strangers, one who pulled up next to me at a stoplight and started singing “This was a triumph…”

Maybe if I give a little smile here and there out to the world, the world is just a little better. But beyond that, eff it I like the way it looks 🤣

For those waiting, perhaps this makes you feel a wee bit better? In a flurry of activity I end up picking up my car a day after I was assigned the VIN. Great right? I was planning on having the front protected with PPF (Xpel) and had figured I would have enough time to coordinate with the installer. Due to the rush I wasn't able to schedule and now I'm waiting for them to call me back to let me know when I can bring her in. In the meantime, I want the car to stay pristine until I can protect it. Which is worse, waiting for the VIN and delivery date OR having a beauty sitting in your garage winking at you, every time you walk by to use your sons car?
I hate this position you're in. I live in the south end of Columbus Ohio and no matter which way I leave town to head to work I have to drive past a literal gravel pit with dump trucks and uncovered loads. It's such a shame. Even with PPF i picked up 5 to 6 rock chips thru the PPF plus at least ten windshield chips, within the last 2 years owning my model S.

It looks like some January highland orders still don't have VINs. The M3LR now qualifies for the EV incentive federal rebate, which should boost sales quite a bit. We shall see how this plays out with M3P deliveries and delays. A lot of the 6/20 - 6/30 EDDs are approaching their end of quarter dates. It'll be interesting how Q3 will play out.