Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 performance new 18 inch wheel option now avail 7/15/19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just placed an order for a midnight silver sleeper! Test drove it and did the all important car seat test. I fit just fine with a Diono radian in the middle rear facing and was able to get three across (2 Diono and 1 Graco infant seat).

They had about 10 on the lot in Chesterfield, MO (St. Louis). One red with 19’s otherwise all 18’s.

Reactions: StealthP3D
As one of the first P3D- owner I can confirm that Yes Track mode is included and will stay. Yes - its Software only, they will go thru inventory to find an AWD model with the specs you want and then shoot OTA firmware to enable performance software.

• Informative
Reactions: Nrazar
Just got mine, as well. Changed from the white interior to black to also come under the PA price restrictions for our state rebate. Loving it, and thanks for all the advice here!

2RH2m3GoCf8c7LRK8

As one of the first P3D- owner I can confirm that Yes Track mode is included and will stay. Yes - its Software only, they will go thru inventory to find an AWD model with the specs you want and then shoot OTA firmware to enable performance software.

I think you are correct. There were two in stock in Colorado, but not the color we wanted. Our rep found one in Salt Lake and it is on a truck to Colorado now for a delivery this coming Friday. When we configured online it initially shows up as a "real" Performance Model 3 on the front end with its normal pricing, and then shortly later I received an amended order which showed the "stealth" specs and pricing.

I think it's almost a guarantee that the P3D- in inventory right now are unlocked LR AWD models. The speed with which they flooded the inventory after the price announcement suggests that's the most likely answer.

So as far as tires go, I think you're going to see the same 3 options (as far as I know, it's been two Michelin models and a Continental that have been delivered on the LR AWD vehicles, someone correct me if I'm wrong). I think their summer accessory package is a complete separate offering with summer specific tires.

I have to believe this is why Tesla is sticking with its annual guidance of delivering at least 360k cars. Even after a record quarter last quarter, I believe they will have to average over 100k for the next two quarters to hit that number. Just doing a few anecdotal checks that are in sync with this thread, it does seem by offering the "stealth" MP3, Tesla has spurred at least short term demand by flipping the software switch on existing inventory and driven in new buyers or induced current owners to upgrade earlier than they might have otherwise.

I am not into the specifics of some of the hardware as others, but after reading this it seems as if by doing this there is also a positive margin impact, albeit small, but after Tesla was hammered by Wall St for their automotive GM in the most recent quarter, if my assumptions are true, this "stealth strategy" makes a ton of sense.

anybody got a firmware update on their new p3d-? i’m still 2019.15 but my wifi connection in the garage is pretty weak (2 bars). just wondering if i need to do something about the wifi or maybe we are supposed to stay on .15 for now?

I picked up mine this past Friday and there was a software update waiting to be installed. We scheduled it to be install early the next morning 2:00 am. Anyway, 2019.15.105 was installed (I don’t know what version was previously installed).

They are building more. Early reports said there were a mistake but that's not true. I called my local center and they told me I can place a order now for a base white/black one.

The P3D- inventory cars are being snapped up like crazy. My OA indicated there is no way to do a custom build for one, inventory cars only.... anyone able to do a custom build?

Such as ? In the picture I can only see window tint, wheels, spoiler ?
Carbon spoiler. 20 inch performance wheels powdercoated. Alum pedals. These are just basic items. Also have carbon signal covers,carbon mirror caps,xpel clear bra w xpel interior kit,tint,matte screen protector and some other goodies.

Attachments

• 84FF1B94-1611-4FC1-94C2-39997BB9D89B.jpeg
    84FF1B94-1611-4FC1-94C2-39997BB9D89B.jpeg
    654.1 KB · Views: 114
  • 8FC9E1CE-EFA0-483F-BE85-43EB8EF9ECA4.jpeg
    8FC9E1CE-EFA0-483F-BE85-43EB8EF9ECA4.jpeg
    398.4 KB · Views: 105
  • 1EEF97A1-B8D0-4206-9FA7-50BAF572EE5F.jpeg
    1EEF97A1-B8D0-4206-9FA7-50BAF572EE5F.jpeg
    560.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 34222D5C-9B64-49B1-9527-8DB92F970425.jpeg
    34222D5C-9B64-49B1-9527-8DB92F970425.jpeg