Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 performance new 18 inch wheel option now avail 7/15/19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my P3D- up on 7/31/19, it had software version 2019.15 on it and I just received 2019.28.2 like many of you.

One thing I am confused about however is track mode. I definitely do not have it but other P3D- owners have reported that they do have it. Do any of you P3D- guys have it?

Picked up my P3D- up on 7/31/19, it had software version 2019.15 on it and I just received 2019.28.2 like many of you.

One thing I am confused about however is track mode. I definitely do not have it but other P3D- owners have reported that they do have it. Do any of you P3D- guys have it?
Yeah I have it on my p3d-. Is the track mode button there but greyed out? If it is you have to have the car in park and foot on brake to activate track mode

If you're certain you didn't receive your car without the performance "update" and it still hasn't updated, then IIRC you would be the first poster to share not having it. As the above poster mentioned, if it's greyed out on the screen you have it.

If it (Track Mode) is visible on the driving page (I think that’s the page) then you have it.

If your car is not indicated on the screen in the phone app as dual motor with a red underline (or on the in-car screen), then that means you don’t yet have the Performance programming, and your car is also slow as molasses. ;)

When you are driving a 4100 -pound car, you NEED that 500 lb-ft of torque out of the motor. A mere sub-400 lb-ft will not suffice.

Last edited:

Yes, it’s there on mine.

Attachments

• 304C641C-F773-44E2-A8FE-9B2C4DF3BEB5.jpeg
    304C641C-F773-44E2-A8FE-9B2C4DF3BEB5.jpeg
    600.9 KB · Views: 167
Question for anyone that has P3D with 18” wheels. How’s the ride quality? Does lowered suspension make a difference? I sold my 3 LR RWD because I couldn’t take the jarring ride. I’m looking for a replacement and just test drove an S Raven and ride quality is really nice. That being said the seats and headroom in the 3 are a better fit for me.

Thanks

Question for anyone that has P3D with 18” wheels. How’s the ride quality? Does lowered suspension make a difference? I sold my 3 LR RWD because I couldn’t take the jarring ride. I’m looking for a replacement and just test drove an S Raven and ride quality is really nice. That being said the seats and headroom in the 3 are a better fit for me.

Thanks
I had the aero wheels ony P3D when I first got it. I've since replaced the wheels with 19" forged Titan7s. The ride quality was fine. Very comfortable but noticeably squishy around corners. But with better tires that wouldn't be a problem.

Thanks

P3D with the 18s doesn't have the lowered suspension. It has the same suspension as the 3 SR/LR RWD/AWD as far as I'm aware.

71820A07-BEE0-467F-8B63-2BE8C9474F83.jpeg
Easy way to tell what suspension package you have... open your drivers door (or any door for that matter), look towards the front of the car, in the door jam (or B pillar) and there should be a small white sticker... it will list “performance chassis” if you have the lowered suspension.

Just a tip..

Is there any way to get the P3D- anymore? Looks like the ordering page has changed again for a new purchase. I'm ready to buy but I want the P3D- config. Thanks for any help.

It may be available off-menu. There are people who took delivery today, for example. You have to talk to your sales advisor, and probably also not take no for an answer. They’ll try to stick you in an AWD, which makes no sense, unless you like molasses. It should be $2k more than AWD but sometimes there are adjustments for inventory vehicles and you might be able to do better (those adjustments are variable).

Last edited:
Reactions: vtvox
It may be available off-menu. There are people who took delivery today, for example. You have to talk to your sales advisor, and probably also not take no for an answer. They’ll try to stick you in an AWD, which makes no sense.

Thank you. I appreciate the fast response. I was thinking that I just have to make some calls here. I don't need 20 inch rims I'm not going to track it etc. I just want the 3.2 second goody.

I'm ready to buy TODAY. Maybe that will motivate them some. I hope so.