Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 performance new 18 inch wheel option now avail 7/15/19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Carmax offered me $40k here in San Diego. My car had 4k miles on it. I ended up selling it for $40,500 to private party.

That’s freaking good deal to swap out against P sleeper model out there. I have 10k miles on my MR and bought in Dec 2018.

Apparently these MR’s are a good compromise compared to SR+ at almost same price point. Better range, everything premium and homelink as well. Don’t know the local market here.

By any chance you think that Carmax priced out MR as LR RWD ?

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
That’s freaking good deal to swap out against P sleeper model out there. I have 10k miles on my MR and bought in Dec 2018.

Apparently these MR’s are a good compromise compared to SR+ at almost same price point. Better range, everything premium and homelink as well. Don’t know the local market here.

By any chance you think that Carmax priced out MR as LR RWD ?

That's what I was wondering...since no where on the quote did it mention which model 3 it was. Maybe the MR doesn't show up as option and since it's not the SR, they quoted it as an LR?

That's what I was wondering...since no where on the quote did it mention which model 3 it was. Maybe the MR doesn't show up as option and since it's not the SR, they quoted it as an LR?

Thanks. I think Carmax and Carvana assume the fact that MR doesn’t even exist and price it to LR RWD. There are many in the wild as a good compromise when they were available for 6 months or so. I bet Tesla will bring it back at some point in time.

Thanks. I think Carmax and Carvana assume the fact that MR doesn’t even exist and price it to LR RWD. There are many in the wild as a good compromise when they were available for 6 months or so. I bet Tesla will bring it back at some point in time.

Could very well be. Oh, a side point for reference with my Carmax quote, that was with my MR that had no FSD or Autopilot.

I was considering upgrading, I have white LR RWD with EAP with 4k miles (paid 56,000 minus 7500). Tesla offered 31,000 and CarMax 38,000. So not worth it for me. Don't need performance but it would of have been nice. There are several stealth performances available in Chicago

They are building more. Early reports said there were a mistake but that's not true. I called my local center and they told me I can place a order now for a base white/black one.
Can anyone else confirm this. My OA let me walk away because they didn’t have the color combo I wanted and he said just an hour ago they can’t order any? He said what is already on the ground is all there is going to be. That was just today.

Can anyone else confirm this. My OA let me walk away because they didn’t have the color combo I wanted and he said just an hour ago they can’t order any? He said what is already on the ground is all there is going to be. That was just today.
I see you're in Loveland, so I just sent you a PM with my sales adviser's info. She's at Park Meadows and I was talking with her about these last week as I was considering swapping my LR AWD. At the time,we discussed if it would be a limited time offering and she said she didn't know, but she never mentioned that they were limited to existing inventory. Might be worth it to try someone else.

I see you're in Loveland, so I just sent you a PM with my sales adviser's info. She's at Park Meadows and I was talking with her about these last week as I was considering swapping my LR AWD. At the time,we discussed if it would be a limited time offering and she said she didn't know, but she never mentioned that they were limited to existing inventory. Might be worth it to try someone else.
I live there as well. Can you also PM me her info

My service advisor said he checked and track mode is not intended to be included without the performance upgrades package. He said it will likely be removed in the future. Has anyone heard otherwise? I'd really like to jump on this chance to build up a performance with my choice of brakes/wheels/tires/suspension.

My service advisor said he checked and track mode is not intended to be included without the performance upgrades package. He said it will likely be removed in the future. Has anyone heard otherwise? I'd really like to jump on this chance to build up a performance with my choice of brakes/wheels/tires/suspension.

He probably has no idea what he is talking about. (This is normal.) Tesla's extremely unlikely to remove Track Mode from any Performance vehicle in the future, PUP or not. It would be a huge value loss for existing owners. They'd be up in arms, and there's no good reason for Tesla to wade back into that pit of vipers. Been there, done that.

My service advisor said he checked and track mode is not intended to be included without the performance upgrades package.

Your service advisor is an idiot.

He said it will likely be removed in the future. Has anyone heard otherwise?

Yes. From Elon Musk. Who explicitly said track mode was intended for all Performance model 3s, and has been included in all Performance model 3s for quite some time now... (though it did take longer to be released for the P3D- than the +)

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Looks like this is confirmed by another guy on Twitter. Gavran Teslaqov on Twitter

EAX5K4ZXkAAQaSY

Reactions: M109Rider