Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't been updating my EDDs since I got into the 10/7 - 10/14 window, but every day since 10/8 it's moved back another day, e.g. today's window is 10/12 - 10/19. So once again, the dates don't actually mean anything, but now that I have a VIN, I think 🤞I can be fairly confident I can take delivery soon... I thought it would move through production a bit faster, though. Maybe they're waiting for a part?

I was wondering how you’ve been doing! The same has happened to me the past two days. I’m wondering if tomorrow I’ll be pushed another day. I do have a VIN now, so that makes me feel better, although I never received a text or email about the VIN. I happened to just see it in the app.

Reactions: LorentzTorque
I was wondering how you’ve been doing! The same has happened to me the past two days. I’m wondering if tomorrow I’ll be pushed another day. I do have a VIN now, so that makes me feel better, although I never received a text or email about the VIN. I happened to just see it in the app.
I think you'll be notified when yours ships across the country, so that should give you a more concrete timeline to take care of business before the car arrives. In my case, I'm expecting to have a short window to pick it up at the factory when it's ready.

Reactions: robe4658
Has anyone had issues putting the expiration date on their proof of insurance? It will not take it and it didn't but expire till mid Dec. I just got my vin#. 2023 Red with black int. Super excited!
OD: 09/24
EDD 11/2-11/11 located in TN
When entering the date, you have to click done afterwards. It's basically two confirmation steps. I was running into the same problem until I realized this.

I just got a text to schedule delivery, but the page says: "Based on your location, we will deliver your Tesla directly to you." But I absolutely do not want them to do this. It would be hard to do a proper inspection with someone standing there trying to get me to sign before his Uber back to the factory shows up. It's also the only time I've bought a new car, so I'd much rather be the one to put those first few dozen miles on it. I talked to someone on the phone about this weeks ago and they said I'd get to select this when the time comes to schedule delivery....

@Flatbroke, what a great time for you to check in! I hope you're enjoying your car. Did you have any trouble getting it specified as a factory pick-up?

Reactions: robe4658
I just got a text to schedule delivery, but the page says: "Based on your location, we will deliver your Tesla directly to you." But I absolutely do not want them to do this. It would be hard to do a proper inspection with someone standing there trying to get me to sign before his Uber back to the factory shows up. It's also the only time I've bought a new car, so I'd much rather be the one to put those first few dozen miles on it. I talked to someone on the phone about this weeks ago and they said I'd get to select this when the time comes to schedule delivery....

@Flatbroke, what a great time for you to check in! I hope you're enjoying your car. Did you have any trouble getting it specified as a factory pick-up?
This happened for me for the first M3LW — call your SA or Tesla support (510-369-0818) and request a factory pick-up. They will confirm with you and give you a time your car will be ready.

Go during the day so you can see the car in detail and flag an employee (they are on the delivery lot) if you see anything. Take pictures of anything that concerns you (24 hr window from delivery) and here is a check-list as well. I had the front and rear bumpers replaced (Tesla kept the car at their Kato Service center for a few weeks, but everything else checked out).

Cheers and best of luck!

• Helpful
This happened for me for the first M3LW — call your SA or Tesla support (510-369-0818) and request a factory pick-up. They will confirm with you and give you a time your car will be ready.

Go during the day so you can see the car in detail and flag an employee (they are on the delivery lot) if you see anything. Take pictures of anything that concerns you (24 hr window from delivery) and here is a check-list as well. I had the front and rear bumpers replaced (Tesla kept the car at their Kato Service center for a few weeks, but everything else checked out).

Cheers and best of luck!
Thanks! I plan to be fairly thorough, but I've decided not to bring calipers 😅

I had texted the SA right away, then texted again 40 minutes later mentioning what I'd previously been told... and they answered a few minutes after that. Picking up on Saturday! 😃

PS Both the number above and the number my SA texts me from just go to an automated message that says it's a text-only line.

Reactions: Tain and robe4658

The delivery person does not arrange an Uber until you sign for the car. Then it takes some time for the software to change over from delivery mode to customer mode. The interface looks completely different. He/she will stay there as long as required to allow you to inspect the car. We were very happy with home delivery. They arrived at the first 20 minutes of the two hour window. Our car arrived with 8 miles in the odometer, but I only live 2 miles from the delivery center. this car is much better built than my 2019 Model 3. I would not hesitate to take home delivery again.

The delivery person does not arrange an Uber until you sign for the car. Then it takes some time for the software to change over from delivery mode to customer mode. The interface looks completely different. He/she will stay there as long as required to allow you to inspect the car. We were very happy with home delivery. They arrived at the first 20 minutes of the two hour window. Our car arrived with 8 miles in the odometer, but I only live 2 miles from the delivery center. this car is much better built than my 2019 Model 3. I would not hesitate to take home delivery again.
I remember reading a while back that someone had an experience more like what I described, although I don't remember where. It would also be consistent with the general "there are plenty of other customers who would take it" vibe I get from their process & general way of doing things. I'm glad your experience was better than that, though! Thanks for the insight.

I live across the bay, so it's also a bit more of a "maiden voyage" for the car. Sure, it probably won't make a tangible difference a year from now, but I feel like there's some sentimental value in the trip.

Reactions: RJUlrich61
Well good things come to those who wait. Got my text today from Tesla and a VIN has been assigned! 2023 MY 382xxx. Let's Goooo!

M3P Blue Exterior - White Interior - EAP - DFW Delivery.
OOD: July 5th.
EDD at Order: 'July - Sept'
1st EDD: 10/23 - 12/04
2nd EDD: 9/8-10/6
3rd EDD: 9/12-9/26
4th EDD: 9/26 - 10/10
5th EDD: 10/7 - 10/21
6th EDD: 10/25 - 11/8

7th EDD: 10/17 - 10/26

Has anyone had issues putting the expiration date on their proof of insurance? It will not take it and it didn't but expire till mid Dec. I just got my vin#. 2023 Red with black int. Super excited!
OD: 09/24
EDD 11/2-11/11 located in TN
Order date 9/28
original EDD 11/10 - 12/15
updated EDD early this morning to 10/26 - 11/4
got my VIN mid morning. Things are moving!!
Well good things come to those who wait. Got my text today from Tesla and a VIN has been assigned! 2023 MY 382xxx. Let's Goooo!

M3P Blue Exterior - White Interior - EAP - DFW Delivery.
OOD: July 5th.
EDD at Order: 'July - Sept'
1st EDD: 10/23 - 12/04
2nd EDD: 9/8-10/6
3rd EDD: 9/12-9/26
4th EDD: 9/26 - 10/10
5th EDD: 10/7 - 10/21
6th EDD: 10/25 - 11/8

7th EDD: 10/17 - 10/26
Congrats on all the VINs today! 🥳