Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Local Tesla delivery called yesterday and asked if they could deliver the car a day early (today!). Heck, yeah!

All tasks completed, just have to wait for the delivery sometime today (barring any unforeseen circumstances). LET'S GO!
Was home delivery originally an option for you? Mine said it wasn't an option at all, but now it looks like everyone is being forced into home delivery.

OD 8/28/21
M3P blue/white
EDD 9/14-9/30
Tesla usually delivers at the end of the quarter (i.e., the next few weeks), moving from east to west. I can see that lots of people in in the east and mid-west are starting to get VIN and updated EDD. Now SoCal and Nevada, so hopefully I'll get a VIN and updated EDD soon! I did receive a text last week moving my delivery to a newly-opened location that was not an option when I ordered, but since then, silence.

Was home delivery originally an option for you? Mine said it wasn't an option at all, but now it looks like everyone is being forced into home delivery.
It was not. But when asked to schedule delivery, "home delivery" was the only option.

I still figure if anything is found to be wrong with the vehicle, it can be recorded and corrected at some point at the store.

Reactions: DocHolliday
It was not. But when asked to schedule delivery, "home delivery" was the only option.

I still figure if anything is found to be wrong with the vehicle, it can be recorded and corrected at some point at the store.
I've seen conflicting reports on the amount of time for fit and finish problems. I've seen that with home delivery you get 100 miles and 3 days, but I have also seen people say they were told by their SC that tesla covers fit/finish/noises for 1 year 12k miles.

OD 8/28/21
M3P blue/white
EDD 9/14-9/30
Tesla usually delivers at the end of the quarter (i.e., the next few weeks), moving from east to west. I can see that lots of people in in the east and mid-west are starting to get VIN and updated EDD. Now SoCal and Nevada, so hopefully I'll get a VIN and updated EDD soon! I did receive a text last week moving my delivery to a newly-opened location that was not an option when I ordered, but since then, silence.
8/22 M3P MSM/Black in SoCal. Haven't received VIN yet. I have the same EDD. One person 30 minutes north got a VIN and one person 30 minutes south got a VIN. I'm thinking they group different parts of the US into sections then go by order date when delivering those sections.

8/22 M3P MSM/Black in SoCal. Haven't received VIN yet. I have the same EDD. One person 30 minutes north got a VIN and one person 30 minutes south got a VIN. I'm thinking they group different parts of the US into sections then go by order date when delivering those sections.
I responded to the text that moved my delivery location, inquiring about VIN etc. In finally received a very illuminating reply: "any day now."

Reactions: Trekker_
In the Tesla scheme of things, you and I are not waiting long at all. Waiting is expected when demand exceeds supply capacity. However, if Tesla wants to take the next steps to reach a broader group of potential customers, the communication and logistics must improve -- a lot.
Oh I know we aren't waiting long comparatively. But i'm impatient. I can't wait for the day I can buy a car online and have it deliveryed same day. Maybe Amazon should handle tesla's deliveries? LOL

Final confirmation today and just accepted agreement but dang saw 15mi already on the odometer before delivery. Excited though!
In the grand scheme of things, 15 miles isn't much for a new car. When I was at Ford I don't think we had any vehicles under 10 and if it was traded with a different store, some had near 300 for out of state trades. We used to send porters to do overnight trades. Take one of our cars to arizona give it to a dealership and drive one of their cars back lol

Reactions: Waiting4Hyori
I am also in Seattle, but don't have a VIN yet. When was your order day and what color did you order? Thanks.

EDIT: I see from your previous post you ordered a white on white.
If my math is right, it took almost 6 weeks before I finally got my VIN# - So I would guess that yours will be the week of 9/26 with the delivery a few days later if Tesla wants to squeeze your order as being part of their 3rd qtr end Totals. Good luck!