Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my fourth delivery change this morning.
M3P Red/Black - no FSD - Ohio
Original EDD: 10/29/21 - 11/26/21
Second EDD: 11/19/2021 - 12/17/2021 (Updated 10/29/2021)
Third EDD: 11/12/2021 - 11/25/2021 (Updated 10/30/2021)
Fourth EDD: 11/19/2021 - 12/17/2021 (Updated 11/4/2021)

Ordered: 2021/11/02, Model 3 Perf, Red/Black, no FSD.
Devon, PA delivery (not closest SC overall, but closest in PA.)
EDD (received 2021/11/03): 2021/12/11 - 2021/12/31. Hoping for a couple weeks of slippage on the EDD. :)

This will be my 3rd Tesla, but first new Tesla (and first Model 3.) Most recent Tesla is still in my sig for now.

Reactions: Y@Trox
Ordered: 2021/11/02, Model 3 Perf, Red/Black, no FSD.
Devon, PA delivery (not closest SC overall, but closest in PA.)
EDD (received 2021/11/03): 2021/12/11 - 2021/12/31. Hoping for a couple weeks of slippage on the EDD. :)

This will be my 3rd Tesla, but first new Tesla (and first Model 3.) Most recent Tesla is still in my sig for now.
What part of Pa are you from? I’m picking up in Devon next Thursday. About three hours to get there but it’s the closest for me too. This will be my second Tesla

What part of Pa are you from? I’m picking up in Devon next Thursday. About three hours to get there but it’s the closest for me too. This will be my second Tesla
York County, so about 90-100 miles from Devon depending on route. I don't know why they wouldn't allow me to pick up in Owings Mills, MD which is only about 30 miles away. I had picked up my previous two (used) Teslas there before.

Are there 18s that fit over the brakes? Seems like Tesla and Tire Rack both say 19 is the minimum for the P.
Some aftermarket 18s fit. Or so I'm told - mine haven't arrived yet. They had better fit! 🤬🤪

Here's what I bought in 18x8.5. They also come in 19x9. I'll put summer tires on these 18s at first, but I might eventually turn them into my winter wheels and get something wider and/or bigger for summer, depending how I feel about the size after driving them for a while.

Here's a video from someone who put 18x7.5 wheels on his M3P to test the range effect (different wheels that what I ordered).

Reactions: xPETEx
Are there 18s that fit over the brakes? Seems like Tesla and Tire Rack both say 19 is the minimum for the P.

Some, but not all will fit over the Performance brakes. There are some pretty good wheel threads in the forum that provide examples. One popular manufactuer is Konig, who has several models that fit (but again, not all).

I have been very happy with Apex wheels on my BMW M235i and went to them for my Tesla. Their EC7 wheels fit. They have an excellent fitment guide:

Sorry...this has perhaps gone off topic...

As I was preparing my wheel / tire set for my yet-to-be delivered M3P, I had an amusing revelation with Tesla. They would not sell me the BLE TPMS modules until I got my VIN. A bit annoying to show up at the service center only to be told I could not purchase them. Ultimately, I will probably not mount the tires until I fit a wheel to the car just to verify clearances.

Some aftermarket 18s fit. Or so I'm told - mine haven't arrived yet. They had better fit! 🤬🤪

Here's what I bought in 18x8.5. They also come in 19x9. I'll put summer tires on these 18s at first, but I might eventually turn them into my winter wheels and get something wider and/or bigger for summer, depending how I feel about the size after driving them for a while.

Here's a video from someone who put 18x7.5 wheels on his M3P to test the range effect (different wheels that what I ordered).
Curious why you wouldn’t use the 18s for winter to start and run the stock 20s until you get different summer wheels. Are you planning on just selling the stock wheels and tires immediately?

Curious why you wouldn’t use the 18s for winter to start and run the stock 20s until you get different summer wheels. Are you planning on just selling the stock wheels and tires immediately?

For me, it is because there is a 100% chance of the 20" wheels getting bent on Houston roads. I haven't decided whether to sell the stock wheels and tires.

Were it not for the bad roads of Houston, I would probably still switch to 19x9 or 9.5. I think the 20" wheels look foolishly large, they are quite heavy, and too narrow for a "performance" car. 19 would probably have a bit better look than the 18s, but I have bent a couple of wheels with that sidewall height on Houston roads.

Reactions: tm1v2
You guys that have had EDDs pushed out…do you get an email or push notification or did you just find by way of refreshing? My EDD hasn’t moved and can’t figure out if I should start getting excited or if there’s disappointment in store.

Ordered a White M3P with black interior and no FSD.

Curious why you wouldn’t use the 18s for winter to start and run the stock 20s until you get different summer wheels.
I'm not sure what size I want on the M3P for summer, in terms of width or diameter, but I know it's not the OE cast 20s with rubberband tires, I know from my Model S that big OE Tesla cast wheel + rubberband tire == cracked wheel.

I'm thinking that 18x8.5, which is relatively cheap and should be good for range, will help me figure out if I want more width and/or shorter sidewalls (i.e. move to 19s). Maybe I'll be happy with 18x8.5 for summer tires. If not, I can still put them to use as winter wheels. I'm also hoping more direct M3P fitment wheels come on the market. E.g. if I wanted wider 18" right now I'd probably go custom, but I don't want to do custom unless I'm *sure* about the size I want.

No snow or freezing weather here, I only need winter tires when I go seeking snow in the mountains. I want to do that with the M3P but won't have much time for it this winter, at most just 1 or 2 trips and I can rent a car for that (like I have since giving up my AWD Subaru for the RWD S).

Are you planning on just selling the stock wheels and tires immediately?
I was considering that! The 18s I picked are backordered though so I need to use the OE 20s for a bit. I'll probably just keep them as a backup set, or in case I ever sell the car. I still have the 21s for my S for the same reason. (I've no plans to sell my new M3P, I'm hoping to get 10+ years out of it, but life can change and my guess is it would be easier to sell for top dollar with the stock wheels than with aftermarket 18s.)

You guys that have had EDDs pushed out…do you get an email or push notification or did you just find by way of refreshing? My EDD hasn’t moved and can’t figure out if I should start getting excited or if there’s disappointment in store.

I have never received an email or notice of any kind. I wake up and check the app.

I have been very happy with Apex wheels on my BMW M235i and went to them for my Tesla. Their EC7 wheels fit. They have an excellent fitment guide:

Do you have those 18x9.5" APEX EC-7R wheels on an M3P? I'd love to see some pictures showing the outer and inner clearance if so! (Yes probably best to start a new thread for that.)

I thought they only properly fit non-P cars. APEX says on a P you need 5mm spacers and then the offset ends up effective 29mm. That seems a little low, would push the wheels farther outward than ideal. But I haven't tried it to really say. If I end up wanting wider 18s those would/will be top of my list except for the fitment issue. When I asked APEX about M3P fitment they hinted they might come out with a direct fitment option in the future.

I'm not sure what size I want on the M3P for summer, in terms of width or diameter, but I know it's not the OE cast 20s with rubberband tires, I know from my Model S that big OE Tesla cast wheel + rubberband tire == cracked wheel.

I'm thinking that 18x8.5, which is relatively cheap and should be good for range, will help me figure out if I want more width and/or shorter sidewalls (i.e. move to 19s). Maybe I'll be happy with 18x8.5 for summer tires. If not, I can still put them to use as winter wheels. I'm also hoping more direct M3P fitment wheels come on the market. E.g. if I wanted wider 18" right now I'd probably go custom, but I don't want to do custom unless I'm *sure* about the size I want.

No snow or freezing weather here, I only need winter tires when I go seeking snow in the mountains. I want to do that with the M3P but won't have much time for it this winter, at most just 1 or 2 trips and I can rent a car for that (like I have since giving up my AWD Subaru for the RWD S).

I was considering that! The 18s I picked are backordered though so I need to use the OE 20s for a bit. I'll probably just keep them as a backup set, or in case I ever sell the car. I still have the 21s for my S for the same reason. (I've no plans to sell my new M3P, I'm hoping to get 10+ years out of it, but life can change and my guess is it would be easier to sell for top dollar with the stock wheels than with aftermarket 18s.)
Ah… yeah I wish there was a way to just get the normal 19s on the P. I would certainly do that if I could and then get another set of 19s or 18s for winter. I had a Type R with the 20s and it just seemed completely unnecessary and impractical. I’d also like to keep whatever stock wheels come with the car for resale and don’t really want to juggle 3 sets of wheels and tires in my limited car space.

I've just been checking my account. No type of notification about any EDD changes.

I wonder if delivering to Ft. Worth is easier for Tesla than the Plano Legacy West location. I have a friend that ordered an LR and she took delivery last week at Ft. Worth.
Im not to sure, weird cause they're delivering it straight to my house . I live only 20mins away from the dealership but apparently I called and said if I live within 30miles they'll just bring the car to me. between 8-12pm so I said sure . saves me time.