Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have those 18x9.5" APEX EC-7R wheels on an M3P? I'd love to see some pictures showing the outer and inner clearance if so! (Yes probably best to start a new thread for that.)

I thought they only properly fit non-P cars. APEX says on a P you need 5mm spacers and then the offset ends up effective 29mm. That seems a little low, would push the wheels farther outward than ideal. But I haven't tried it to really say. If I end up wanting wider 18s those would/will be top of my list except for the fitment issue. When I asked APEX about M3P fitment they hinted they might come out with a direct fitment option in the future.

I do not, but I will take pictures when I get the car in 1-2 weeks.

I am doing the EC-7, not the EC7-R. The EC-7 are ET35 rather than ET34, but they do require a centering ring. APEX makes a very nice aluminum centering ring.

Regarding non-P vs P, the 3mm spacer (5 mm spacer needed for some wider tires) is only replacing building back up the thinner brake rotor hub to make it equivalent with standard non-P hub. So P+3mm = non-P.

But if you want to know what it will look like, here it is:

Bob

• Helpful
Reactions: tm1v2
Im not to sure, weird cause they're delivering it straight to my house . I live only 20mins away from the dealership but apparently I called and said if I live within 30miles they'll just bring the car to me. between 8-12pm so I said sure . saves me time.
Hmm interesting, I should probably ask if they can deliver it to my house instead then. I only live about 10 minutes for the legacy west location. Good info to know!

Ordered: 2021/11/02, Model 3 Perf, Red/Black, no FSD.
Devon, PA delivery (not closest SC overall, but closest in PA.)
EDD (received 2021/11/03): 2021/12/11 - 2021/12/31. Hoping for a couple weeks of slippage on the EDD. :)

This will be my 3rd Tesla, but first new Tesla (and first Model 3.) Most recent Tesla is still in my sig for now.
Woohoo! New EDD as of today 2021/11/05: 2021/11/19 - 2021/12/03!
This seems quick, so it's probably to be followed next week by a "D'oh!"
No VIN yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: jose3030
Woohoo! New EDD as of today 2021/11/05: 2021/11/19 - 2021/12/03!
This seems quick, so it's probably to be followed next week by a "D'oh!"
No VIN yet.

Also , question, what made you move from P85D to Model 3 Performance?
I kept telling myself my next ride would be a P100D but.... when I drove a loaner 75D, I just kept thinking it felt like a boat.
Figured a P100D version of it would make me think otherwise, but I've never actually driven a Performance Model S.