Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the text for our vehicle came in at the exact same time, completely agree to be honest I also texted December to get it this month. Same build and same EDD here so maybe our White M3P is up next for SoCal?

Car holds its value really well the reality is I could just sell it and buy a 4680 Model 3 Performance with minimal losses, but that’s even if I care to do that, would realistically sell this vehicle for a 4680 M3P with Air Suspension but that could be 2-4 years away so I’m just going to enjoy this and enjoy it now!
I didn't receive a text, but my EDD is unchanged: 12/19 - 12/31.

Looks like the text for our vehicle came in at the exact same time, completely agree to be honest I also texted December to get it this month. Same build and same EDD here so maybe our White M3P is up next for SoCal?

Car holds its value really well the reality is I could just sell it and buy a 4680 Model 3 Performance with minimal losses, but that’s even if I care to do that, would realistically sell this vehicle for a 4680 M3P with Air Suspension but that could be 2-4 years away so I’m just going to enjoy this and enjoy it now!
Is getting a text normal? I’ve never got a text about anything from Tesla.

I don’t think it matters, it’s a survey to see who is willing to delay. My EDD got pushed to 12/17 - 12/31 anyway so I’ll be in the end of quarter delivery just like the rest of us
Yeah, I didn't think it mattered, just wanted to share that it wasn't a universal outreach to those who were waiting. It is clear that they've got a very sophisticated resource management/scheduling process along with a highly personalized comms flow.

** Update **
- M3P White w/Black interior no FSD (Irvine, CA Delivery Location)
- Ordered 10/24 and had delivery on hold - Removed hold on 11/10
- EDD updates
- Jan-Feb 2022 after hold release
- 11/29-12/27 (Day after hold release)
- 12/2-12/27 (Updated late Nov)
- 12/9-12/31 (Updated on 12/6)
- 12/19-12/31 (Updated on 12/9)
- 12/14-12/28 (Updated on 12/12)
- 12/14 Received text asking if I wanted a December delivery or pushed into next year (I chose December)
- 12/17-12/29 (Updated on 12/15)

Reactions: HarpoonS
** Update **
- M3P White w/Black interior no FSD (Irvine, CA Delivery Location)
- Ordered 10/24 and had delivery on hold - Removed hold on 11/10
- EDD updates
- Jan-Feb 2022 after hold release
- 11/29-12/27 (Day after hold release)
- 12/2-12/27 (Updated late Nov)
- 12/9-12/31 (Updated on 12/6)
- 12/19-12/31 (Updated on 12/9)
- 12/14-12/28 (Updated on 12/12)
- 12/14 Received text asking if I wanted a December delivery or pushed into next year (I chose December)
- 12/17-12/29 (Updated on 12/15)
I didn't get that text yesterday, but like you, it was the first day of EDD window until this morning...

M3P - MSM/BLK + FSD
OD: 11/12
1st EDD: Dec 13-31
12/7: Text welcoming to Tesla family in next 10-14 days. EDD unchanged.
2nd EDD (12/12): Dec 14-25
3rd EDD (today 12/15): Dec 17-29
No VIN.

Woke up today to a Dec 17 - Dec 31 delivery time frame.

For some such an update might not mean much but man was I thrilled considering the previous one was March-April. Still no VIN though so not too excited. As it stands:

Order date: 11/29 blue/white no FSD
Original time frame: Late Jan-Late Feb
Few days later: Jan
12/9: March-April
12/15: Dec 17 - Dec 31
Nice! You and I have the same EDD.

Tesla Richmond - where "attention to detail" is a few random words. :)

PXL_20211215_185425975.jpg

I posted this yesterday in another thread. This seems to be highly unusual with respect to the speed of everything.

M3P Midnight Silver w/ black interior
OD = 12/5
Delivery to Raleigh, NC
Delivery date on website upon ordering = Dec 2021
1st EDD (one day after ordering) = Feb 2022
2nd EDD (12/7) = Dec 24-31, 2021
3rd EDD (12/8) = Dec 25-29, 2021 - VIN Assigned (within 3 days of ordering)
12/12 (one week after ordering) = Delivery Appointment Assigned for 12/27

Receiving my first Tesla within 22 days of ordering!!
I can’t even explain my excitement.

Called my local service center today regarding the wall connector install and asked while I had them on the phone if they had any insight on where my car was. They said it was on the train to the east coast! Somewhere between Texas and Oklahoma, and they anticipate it'll be about a week before it gets here (based on unloading and truck loading). Crossing my fingers I may be able to get the car before Christmas!

Called my local service center today regarding the wall connector install and asked while I had them on the phone if they had any insight on where my car was. They said it was on the train to the east coast! Somewhere between Texas and Oklahoma, and they anticipate it'll be about a week before it gets here (based on unloading and truck loading). Crossing my fingers I may be able to get the car before Christmas!
That's great news -- fingers crossed for you!

I tried calling my service center as well. Sounded like I ended up being redirected to a call center.

I called because I wanted to make sure I could actually transfer the cost of the car using the ACH transfer. I thought there was a hard limit of $25k for these type of transfers, but the person on the phone said there wasn't a limit. We'll see. I think I'm going to end up needing to run to a bank to get a cashier's check.

Also asked if they could see where the car was while I had them on the phone and its in Colorado at a rail yard.

I tried calling my service center as well. Sounded like I ended up being redirected to a call center.

I called because I wanted to make sure I could actually transfer the cost of the car using the ACH transfer. I thought there was a hard limit of $25k for these type of transfers, but the person on the phone said there wasn't a limit. We'll see. I think I'm going to end up needing to run to a bank to get a cashier's check.

Also asked if they could see where the car was while I had them on the phone and its in Colorado at a rail yard.
Your bank should be able to wire the funds if needed. You can go much higher than $25k using wires

Anyone know if they will have any incentive to receive the car in the last couple of weeks of the year?
I got one last year around Dec/23 and got a full year of free supercharging, also some people got 3 months of full self driving.
My order was for a M3P on 11/10/21 and my EDD hasn't changed Dec 19 - Dec 31.
I should be picking up in Burbank but I haven't had any communications from them so far.