Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was perusing my MVPA today and noticed that the odometer reading is listed and states that it has 15 miles on it. Does anyone else have a similar amount of mileage? I'm wondering if this just a boiler plate buffer mileage for production and testing of the car prior to shipping.

I was perusing my MVPA today and noticed that the odometer reading is listed and states that it has 15 miles on it. Does anyone else have a similar amount of mileage? I'm wondering if this just a boiler plate buffer mileage for production and testing of the car prior to shipping.
The MVPAs used to say 50 miles, but both Teslas I've bought so far had 4 miles on the odometer. My current MVPA also says '15'. I think you get what you get, and you won't know what you'll get until you get it. 😊

Reactions: TNTeslå
Just checked my MY agreement from last January and it listed 15 as well.

Reactions: TNTeslå
The MVPAs used to say 50 miles, but both Teslas I've bought so far had 4 miles on the odometer. My current MVPA also says '15'. I think you get what you get, and you won't know what you'll get until you get it. 😊
That's what I figured, that they put what they consider to be a safe buffer mileage for testing on there rather than physically (or digitally) surveying mileage and keeping up with it on a MVPA.

Hey all, I'm here post delivery to make my report.

Specs are:

M3P
red/black
No FSD
financed
Central Washington, delivery to Spokane.

Order date 10/28
first EDD Nov 9 - Dec 5
EDD update out to end of January
a couple more EDD updates that I didn't track, but they basically would get a day or two into the date range and then revise it.
EDD update 12/2-12/13
Dec 1 - VIN received
Dec 2 - Pickup scheduled for 12/7
Dec 4 - Pickup rescheduled for 12/9 due to Tesla logistics issues (trucking problems)
Dec 6 - SA called and said the car was delivered on time after all, and did I still want to come get it on 12/7? (too short notice, I couldn't go unfortunately)
Dec 9 - Delivery - SA was super cool, we did a short test drive and I examined the car a bit, but it was great - no issues.

Total time from order to delivery was 42 days.

This was a super easy process. I didn't have a trade-in which helps I'm sure, but after a bad experience at a Ford dealer this summer I'm keen to never go to a dealer again if I don't have to.

Only issue I have is that I can't get the 110V charger to work, Tesla is sending me a replacement (their suggestion!), but I have a feeling it's my outlets in my garage. Getting 6 red flashing Ts when I plug in, although the first time I plugged it in it worked for like 5 minutes and then died. Easier to try a new charger first I suppose before I go around replacing things. Strangely, my Leaf charger works fine so I'm using it and the J1772 adapter to charge the Tesla for now.

See you all in the rest of the forum!

Reactions: K9handler
Hey all, I'm here post delivery to make my report.

Specs are:

M3P
red/black
No FSD
financed
Central Washington, delivery to Spokane.

Order date 10/28
first EDD Nov 9 - Dec 5
EDD update out to end of January
a couple more EDD updates that I didn't track, but they basically would get a day or two into the date range and then revise it.
EDD update 12/2-12/13
Dec 1 - VIN received
Dec 2 - Pickup scheduled for 12/7
Dec 4 - Pickup rescheduled for 12/9 due to Tesla logistics issues (trucking problems)
Dec 6 - SA called and said the car was delivered on time after all, and did I still want to come get it on 12/7? (too short notice, I couldn't go unfortunately)
Dec 9 - Delivery - SA was super cool, we did a short test drive and I examined the car a bit, but it was great - no issues.

Total time from order to delivery was 42 days.

This was a super easy process. I didn't have a trade-in which helps I'm sure, but after a bad experience at a Ford dealer this summer I'm keen to never go to a dealer again if I don't have to.

Only issue I have is that I can't get the 110V charger to work, Tesla is sending me a replacement (their suggestion!), but I have a feeling it's my outlets in my garage. Getting 6 red flashing Ts when I plug in, although the first time I plugged it in it worked for like 5 minutes and then died. Easier to try a new charger first I suppose before I go around replacing things. Strangely, my Leaf charger works fine so I'm using it and the J1772 adapter to charge the Tesla for now.

See you all in the rest of the forum!
Congrats! Good to hear you had a good experience with the Spokane SC. Hopefully I will be up there to pick mine up soon!

Reactions: DocHeller
Update to original Post - I may just be the luckiest person on this thread!

M3P Midnight Silver w/ black interior
OD = 12/5
Delivery to Raleigh, NC
Delivery date on website upon ordering = Dec 2021
1st EDD (one day after ordering) = Feb 2022
2nd EDD (12/7) = Dec 24-31, 2021
3rd EDD (12/8) = Dec 25-29, 2021 - VIN Assigned (within 3 days of ordering)
12/12 (one week after ordering) = Delivery Appointment Assigned for 12/27

Receiving my first Tesla within 22 days of ordering!!
I can’t even explain my excitement.

I’m so sorry to those that are waiting so long. I have no idea how this all fell into place so quickly for me.

Update to original Post - I may just be the luckiest person on this thread!

M3P Midnight Silver w/ black interior
OD = 12/5
Delivery to Raleigh, NC
Delivery date on website upon ordering = Dec 2021
1st EDD (one day after ordering) = Feb 2022
2nd EDD (12/7) = Dec 24-31, 2021
3rd EDD (12/8) = Dec 25-29, 2021 - VIN Assigned (within 3 days of ordering)
12/12 (one week after ordering) = Delivery Appointment Assigned for 12/27

Receiving my first Tesla within 22 days of ordering!!
I can’t even explain my excitement.

I’m so sorry to those that are waiting so long. I have no idea how this all fell into place so quickly for me.
Did you get FSD? These are my specs and I'm in CA w no VIN OD 11/12. You ARE lucky!

** Update **
- M3P White w/Black interior - So Cal Delivery (Irvine Location)
- Ordered 10/24 and had delivery on hold - Removed hold on 11/10
- EDD updates
- Jan-Feb 2022 after hold release
- 11/29-12/27 (Day after hold release)
- 12/2-12/27 (Updated late Nov)
- 12/9-12/31 (Updated on 12/6)
- 12/19-12/31 (Updated on 12/9)
- 12/14-12/28 (Updated on 12/12)
- Today (12/14) I received a text from Tesla that they were building my car for a December delivery and asked if I it this month or pushed into 2022 (I chose December of course)

BTW... Waiting on upgrades seems to be a never ending venture. You'll wait and when the time arrives new updates will be coming that you'll want. You are likely going to have to wait months or even a year to get most of them (Aren't we in a chip shortage?) and it isn't worth it IMO. I used to own a 2018 AWD Dual Motor Model 3 and never had an issue with the performance of the CPU so waiting on a Ryzen processor isn't worth it to me. Better breaks seems like splitting hairs as well so also not worth it. An upgraded motor might be worth it but that really could be a year out and wouldn't be as "Tried and true" as the existing motor that has been in use for years.

** Update **
- EDD updates
- Today (12/14) I received a text from Tesla that they were building my car for a December delivery and asked if I it this month or pushed into 2022 (I chose December of course)

BTW... Waiting on upgrades seems to be a never ending venture. You'll wait and when the time arrives new updates will be coming that you'll want. You are likely going to have to wait months or even a year to get most of them (Aren't we in a chip shortage?) and it isn't worth it IMO. I used to own a 2018 AWD Dual Motor Model 3 and never had an issue with the performance of the CPU so waiting on a Ryzen processor isn't worth it to me. Better breaks seems like splitting hairs as well so also not worth it. An upgraded motor might be worth it but that really could be a year out and wouldn't be as "Tried and true" as the existing motor that has been in use for years.
Looks like the text for our vehicle came in at the exact same time, completely agree to be honest I also texted December to get it this month. Same build and same EDD here so maybe our White M3P is up next for SoCal?

Car holds its value really well the reality is I could just sell it and buy a 4680 Model 3 Performance with minimal losses, but that’s even if I care to do that, would realistically sell this vehicle for a 4680 M3P with Air Suspension but that could be 2-4 years away so I’m just going to enjoy this and enjoy it now!

** Update **
- EDD updates

Yeah waiting is just a crap shoot.

Personally I couldn’t care less as I plan to hop in the cybertruck whenever I get it. Either way, even if they get a new motor or new CPU the upgrade isn’t going to be some absolutely revolutionary upgrade. It’s not like Tesla is coming out with some amazing new overhaul of the entire car.

Also congrats on the text! Hopefully myself and others get similar news soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: HarpoonS