Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery today. Could have taken delivery 6/6 but I was out of town.

Has some paint issues. Some bubbles on the hood, some scratches and uneven paint on the bumper cover. Like they didn't get enough paint on it, it's blotchy.

Seatback plastic won't stay attached to the seatback, keeps falling off.

Panel gaps look good to me.
Guy at the clear bra place said these weren't bubbles they were dirt in the paint which makes sense.

What's the success rate on Tesla fixing factory paint defects? I'm worried they might not consider these "bad enough" even though they're pretty blatant to me and the clear bra guy said if it was his car and they didn't fix it he would be "livid."

New member here. Also switched from a M3LR to a M3P to shorten the wait. Like everyone else my date has slipped to the same dates when 6/12 passed. Now it says 6/15-6/26 and I've never received a VIN yet. I already got my financing approved which is good for 30 days so I hope that the date doesn't just keep moving and I have to apply again.
May I feel for you. I got locked in when they gave me a two week window in May 28- June 11. .I am now July to august, and in bay area too, see any newts running around your area? cool damp spots. they may be protected idk. so careful

New member here. Also switched from a M3LR to a M3P to shorten the wait. Like everyone else my date has slipped to the same dates when 6/12 passed. Now it says 6/15-6/26 and I've never received a VIN yet. I already got my financing approved which is good for 30 days so I hope that the date doesn't just keep moving and I have to apply again.
when did you place your original order and what color ?

its all over the board, I ordered long range 4/14, wife wanted M3p on 5/5 and I switched then,. have a two week window from 5/28-6/11 then a month then a 2 week and now a month, cant make sense out of nonsense. Try the motor oil trick and diamond hand the DOGE!!!!! I replied to wrong person above. I am picking up at Fremont factory. not sure that helped me or hurt me. Stay with Cash as option until you get a VIN. you can switch later but rates are going up. problem is the delivery dates fluctuate so much and often you may have to run credit several times.
Yeah I feel you. I also wondered if Fremont Factory pickup would benefit me, but haven't made that change. Still due to pickup at the Sunnyvale location.

Yeah, initially I was a Sad Sally. but now am a bit more optimistic. For what it is worth, I checked 15-20 times (LMAO) between 3am pacific time and 4:50 Am pacific time this morning. The new date appeared prior to the 4:50 am check. maybe computer generated IDK, unless they have people in other regions of the globe working on this. Where the heck is our resident Tesla Employee hahhahahaha. he is the phone guy. whats your number we wont tell anyone,
At least you have something change/happen. It could be worse - you could've been bumped to 7/28-9/8 eight days ago and have zero updates since then like myself...

View attachment 816068
Well that was a a bummer. Order date 4/14 Lr switched to m3p 5/5 new edd 5/28-6/11. Then EDD 6/8-7/5. Then 6/12-6/26 until this morning new edd as of. 4:50 am pacific on 6-13 EDD 7/6-8/10. Pick up location Fremont factory. Oh well. Wish you others the best of luck. Man I Love Monday. Great start to the week. The strange part is their site indicates 10 days prior to your DD the edit design option goes away. Well that happened when the 5/28 window was given.
That is exactly what happened to me but my delivery window snapped back into june. I just got my 11 day window. It is because we are in the bay area. I think i got my window because i am not pickingnup at the factory. I am picking up at the dublin showroom. I think for you and redrocket they are going to push you till right at the end of June to still deliver in the quarter straight from the factory