Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome, I am taking mine on Sunday. By the way how do you identify a gap. How much of a gap is a gap. Do you have a picture?
What I have seen most from people online about gaps they saw in delivery is:

Door rubs
This is where the door is touching some part of the car. You want the door to close without touching any part of the car. Any small rub is going to rattle or wear off paint over time.

Horizontal panel alignment
This is that the trim from door to door is the same height from the front fender all the way to where the rear door flows into the back of the car

Trunk alignment
The rear hatch is really big and aligns with the car in many places.
  1. Trunk hinges meets the car. This is the top where the hindge to the hatch is. The hatch show be even with the car
  2. Trunk lip.
  3. Tail lights and the left and right gap. The tail likes in the trunk should line up with the tail lights on the body. The vertical lines on the trunk should be equal.
Hood alignment
The hood should have the same size gap all the way around. The hood should not sit below or above the fender height.

There are some more, but those are the major ones. Hope this helps.

Does anybody have recommendations for a CU that can move faster than a bolt of lightning / M3P? My delivery date is this Saturday and PenFed apparently snail mailed the check to me and I'm concerned it won't arrive on time. Unsure Tesla will let me push out my delivery date more than 3 days.
I just did my financing through Tesla and figured I'd refi for a better rate later. You may want to try that route.

Mine is scheduled for Sunday 4:30 PM at the same SC in Raleigh. Till now that has not changed, but I am getting tensed now. It is a bummer that yours got delayed, super frustrating. I will let you know how it goes, if I get mine.
By the way are you planning to get PPF/Ceramic/Tint, where are you getting it done?
I'm going to do tint but not PPF. Here's the various quotes I've compiled. I'll most likely go with Shade Custom's CTX Ceramic. It's an extra $100 over what I have in my notes.

Screenshot_20220623-103331.png

Does anybody have recommendations for a CU that can move faster than a bolt of lightning / M3P? My delivery date is this Saturday and PenFed apparently snail mailed the check to me and I'm concerned it won't arrive on time. Unsure Tesla will let me push out my delivery date more than 3 days.
DCU will overnight it with a tracking #. So depending when the paperwork and loan gets done, it will take you 1 or 2 business days. Apply to DCU, get your SA to change the MVPA paperwork to Digital Federal Credit Union, download that paperwork, and call DCU.

Picked up my M3P yesterday. All went pretty smooth. All the gaps looked great. There was a line(surface scratch?) on the hood you could see at certain angles. They immediately took it back in the shop and buffed the entire hood again. It worked. Car is beautiful. And Even I am shocked how much faster it is than our MYLR. Used Alliant Credit Union to finance and it was super easy, All done online, but I did a follow up phone call to clarify the logistics and they were awesome. Going to the PPF/Tint shop Monday for the week. I'll post some before and after pics. I would say from my experience last September, Tesla has increased the texts and phone calls in the latter stages of the process. If I were Tesla, I would add another contact point in the middle of the waiting period, I feel that is where most of my anxiety as a customer was/is.

Picked up my M3P yesterday. All went pretty smooth. All the gaps looked great. There was a line(surface scratch?) on the hood you could see at certain angles. They immediately took it back in the shop and buffed the entire hood again. It worked. Car is beautiful. And Even I am shocked how much faster it is than our MYLR. Used Alliant Credit Union to finance and it was super easy, All done online, but I did a follow up phone call to clarify the logistics and they were awesome. Going to the PPF/Tint shop Monday for the week. I'll post some before and after pics. I would say from my experience last September, Tesla has increased the texts and phone calls in the latter stages of the process. If I were Tesla, I would add another contact point in the middle of the waiting period, I feel that is where most of my anxiety as a customer was/is.
Awesome. Congratulations!

I think Tesla can either improve the ability to get information on your delivery status. Or stop give us 1/2 the information of which some of that could be wrong. Keep us in dark and tell us when the car is actually ready. The EDD doesn't mean much. Even if it says 6/23-6/27. They may still call on 6/18 and say "Car is ready. Come get it or we are giving it away." These threads are full of people pulling their hair out. This process can really be improved.

I'm going to do tint but not PPF. Here's the various quotes I've compiled. I'll most likely go with Shade Custom's CTX Ceramic. It's an extra $100 over what I have in my notes.

View attachment 819989
Im fortuante. My friend has a guy who does tint/PPF for some major dealerships and does work on the side. For my tint (20%) front, rear, windshield strip, and half of rear windowshield - $240. For my PPF (scheduled July 9th - soonest he can) I will have the headlights, fenders, half of hood, front bumper, and mirror caps done for $400.

I'm seeing 3.69% on Alliant's schedule for 60 mos. Where is Tesla these days?

3.74%. No worries about getting the money there in time though.

DCU is 2.49% with direct deposit (.50) and EV discount (.25). This is their current rate and what I was recently approved for (the loan I have).