Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long does it take from VIN to someone asking you to schedule a pickup? I've apparently got a VIN, but no idea as to delivery date range.

(Edit to add: was around 10-12h or so? Got the text to setup an appointment time just now)

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Patiently waiting on my M3P delivery and came across some pictures of an Air Suspension light on the newest rounds of updates... Kind of surprised to not see more people talking about this and actually has me considering canceling my delivery...

I've heard the ride of the Performance can be rough so feel like this would be a stellar upgrade. Does anyone have any more insights into this?

I just remembered a couple guys paying for their cars in full and their vins disappearing or them showing up to pick up a car that wasn’t there or available. I’ll probably just go with the ACH method, my wife’s probably going to be pissed if she sees the money gone and no car though 😂.

That would be me! Fully funded and the car ended up never ended up being built.
Me too! Paid in December and never heard from them again. Until today! Got a (new) VIN at 3AM followed by a text and then email about 8 hours later noting a pickup appointment in 3 days.

Hi Everyone,

Patiently waiting on my M3P delivery and came across some pictures of an Air Suspension light on the newest rounds of updates... Kind of surprised to not see more people talking about this and actually has me considering canceling my delivery...

I've heard the ride of the Performance can be rough so feel like this would be a stellar upgrade. Does anyone have any more insights into this?
Interesting. I wonder how long h til it becomes and actual thing besides just the button.

Hi Everyone,

There is always another iPhone coming.

Tim

Reactions: TANnedGOdfathr
Hi Everyone,

Interesting. Wonder if there’s any more information in this, if it’s true hope that’s why Model 3Ps were delayed.

The direct delivery is wild. It sounds like they're going to drop it off in front of our house like an eBay package and send me an email as they drive away.

"Your vehicle is projected to be ready for drop off on March 18th! Please provide instructions on where you would like your vehicle parked. We are unable to park the vehicle in any underground parking structure or metered parking. Once your car has been dropped off to your delivery address, you will receive an email message informing you your vehicle has been delivered. This is a contactless delivery, you do not need to be onsite when we drop off your vehicle."

Reactions: rancur
How do they do home delivery? On a flatbed or someone is gonna drive your car from the SC to your house?

The video I Googled suggests someone drives it to the delivery address. So it's "contactless," I suppose... except for all of the air in the cabin. Good thing we aren't in the late stages of an airborne pandemic, because that would make the "contactless" bit seem a bit silly. But, hey, not complaining; beats having to take an Uber or BART to Fremont.

Reactions: rancur
I'd bet that air suspension is going to debut on the German Gigacast Model Y with 4680 structural batteries. And probably won't make it to the American 3 until the next major refresh. I wouldn't hold my breath for either.

They're certainly not going to sneak it in like a heated steering wheel.

1615854761044.png

The icon I'm referencing is the one right about the red "Brake" icon. The fact it was included in the last batch of updates has me either concerned or excited?? I've noticed some 925 VINs, I wonder if those might have updated suspension?

Just to add, ordered 2/8 Black/White in Dallas. Have not received a VIN yet but SA told me to expect one tomorrow. Like I said though, this seriously has me considering canceling delivery. The refreshed Model S/X were announced on Tesla's last earning call. I wonder if they will announce these updates for their Q1 call?

I’m not sure I would want the first version of any new Tesla feature with that level complexity. That said, I do want the new headlights and heated steering wheel. I haven’t received a VIN yet, but it does sound promising that those will be included.

Does anyone know if they fixed either the A/C sensor defect or the battery “Limp Mode” issue in the 2021 Performance models yet?