Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6961AD01-FDB0-4FCD-BF87-0D89FD4949B5.jpeg

Found the perfect plate for the car when it arrives.

Delivery window tightened to July 29th - Aug 4th. Of course, we are leaving for vacation on July 29th for 8 days. 😣
Ahh that was the same boat I was in. Delivery options were 7/24-26 and we leave 7/23. They pushed mine till 8/2 though.
View attachment 686761
Found the perfect plate for the car when it arrives.
I'm not clear on the timing of getting a personalized plate with the MyPlates.com site and the unique way of buying Tesla cars in Texas, so I'm going to wait until next renewal.

Reactions: nyudoc04
Hey guys so my trade in offer expired because it's been 30 days since my order. I updated the odometer as requested and waiting for the updated trade in value. Also emailed my SA if they can just extend the trade in offer and waiting to hear from her. I'm wondering if my place in line will stay intact or will I get pushed back or something?

Thanks for your time guys and appreciate inputs

Hey guys so my trade in offer expired because it's been 30 days since my order. I updated the odometer as requested and waiting for the updated trade in value. Also emailed my SA if they can just extend the trade in offer and waiting to hear from her. I'm wondering if my place in line will stay intact or will I get pushed back or something?

Thanks for your time guys and appreciate inputs
Sorry for two of the same posts, the first one didn't show up so I posted again, didn't mean to spam

I only read about 10 pages of this, but I ordered in February (red/black with no FSD). I told them I didn't want it that quarter because I was waiting to see if the version of the tax credit that was being talked about back then got any traction. They did note it on my account though and I got a call offering me a car like 2 weeks later which I declined, mentioned the tax credit and the employee said, "oh yeah, I see that here."
Since then all I have done is update my trade in mileage every couple months and I haven't heard anything new. Currently it says "August 09 - September 08" and has for the past two weeks. I'm fine with whatever though since my price is locked to the February number and I still have my old car. I also don't drive to work anymore like a lot of people and it doesn't look like I ever will.
Not complaining - still not in a hurry. Just adding a data point for you all. If you want it fast don't pass up the first match. It might be a while until you get another one. I will take it if they call me tomorrow with a match, but I also won't be upset if I don't hear from them until October either (provided the price never changes).

I ordered a White/White M3P with FSD on 7/12/21 completed the next steps (minus insurance) on 07/15/21 and Estimated Delivery is August 07 - August 27. I guess we will see if this holds or gets pushed.
Ordered a white/black M3P no FSD on 7/14/21 and completed the same steps mine says estimated delivery is August 12th to September 1st. Will be ahead of schedule if they do because it said 7 to 11 weeks when I ordered.

Reactions: RCDDS and hcdavis3
Ordered a white/black M3P no FSD on 7/14/21 and completed the same steps mine says estimated delivery is August 12th to September 1st. Will be ahead of schedule if they do because it said 7 to 11 weeks when I ordered.
Nice I will be curious to see if we take delivery around the same time. I am excited already sold the car its replacing but luckily I have another vehicle to drive until it arrives.

Reactions: THXULTRA
Nice I will be curious to see if we take delivery around the same time. I am excited already sold the car its replacing but luckily I have another vehicle to drive until it arrives.
Ya going to be interesting to see if we take delivery around the same time. I'm trading in my 2017 model S 75D. Drove the M3P the other night and it really drove great super excited to get mine. What car did you sell?

Reactions: nyudoc04
Ya going to be interesting to see if we take delivery around the same time. I'm trading in my 2017 model S 75D. Drove the M3P the other night and it really drove great super excited to get mine. What car did you sell?
I sold a 2016 Mustang GT. Going to miss the sound of the V8 but I had two gas guzzlers. Mustang and the V8 F150. Something had to give.

Reactions: Bobo Tinker
I sold a 2016 Mustang GT. Going to miss the sound of the V8 but I had two gas guzzlers. Mustang and the V8 F150. Something had to give.
I had a mustang before my model S and the novelty of the v8 went away really quickly with the instant torque of the Tesla. The Mustang will feel slow after you get your performance m3 :) Mustangs are fun cars though had lots of fun with mine.

Reactions: digid80
I had a mustang before my model S and the novelty of the v8 went away really quickly with the instant torque of the Tesla. The Mustang will feel slow after you get your performance m3 :) Mustangs are fun cars though had lots of fun with mine.
That's what I hear. I honestly only started looking into making the jump to a Tesla because of how good the market is to sell a used vehicle right now. A dealership gave me 29.5K for a 2016 Mustang GT which was the actual blue book for it. I couldn't pass that up especially since it was paid for. That car had everything though. Adaptive Cruise control, Shaker system with sub, and pretty much every option available for that year. I had so much fun but it drinks gas and isn't very practical. Only reason I kept it as long as did is because I had another vehicle.

That's what I hear. I honestly only started looking into making the jump to a Tesla because of how good the market is to sell a used vehicle right now. A dealership gave me 29.5K for a 2016 Mustang GT which was the actual blue book for it. I couldn't pass that up especially since it was paid for. That car had everything though. Adaptive Cruise control, Shaker system with sub, and pretty much every option available for that year. I had so much fun but it drinks gas and isn't very practical. Only reason I kept it as long as did is because I had another vehicle.
I was actually in a similar boat as you. I sold my 2018 mustang gt and had it for about 3 years. It was nice a car but yeah i got a few grand above what I paid for it so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to buy a Tesla. I've been a huge fanboy for years of Tesla and I was wanting one for a while but I always told myself I would purchase a house first (which was difficult in this crazy market) and then I would get a Tesla.

I'm in the same boat I drive 70miles a day so gets really expensive fast putting premium in a Mustang GT. Didn't help the gas mileage either that I have a heavy foot. Was also able to get rid of my winter beater since the Tesla is all wheel drive. Really looking forward to jumping up to the performance version though and having the track stuff and even faster 0-60. Really nice to get that kind of performance and have the car be so efficient also.