Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the same boat I drive 70miles a day so gets really expensive fast putting premium in a Mustang GT. Didn't help the gas mileage either that I have a heavy foot. Was also able to get rid of my winter beater since the Tesla is all wheel drive. Really looking forward to jumping up to the performance version though and having the track stuff and even faster 0-60. Really nice to get that kind of performance and have the car be so efficient also.
I couldn't agree more. This will be my first EV so I am a little nervous about certain things but I am sure once I get the car all those will fade away. I am hearing nothing but great things about the car.....now the only thing I am concerned about is the customer service side which I have seen pretty mixed reviews.

I couldn't agree more. This will be my first EV so I am a little nervous about certain things but I am sure once I get the car all those will fade away. I am hearing nothing but great things about the car.....now the only thing I am concerned about is the customer service side which I have seen pretty mixed reviews.
Build quality can be a issue so be sure to really look over your car at delivery. That being said Tesla has been great with fixing the problems I have had. You do everything through the app so you can't call in for service but they do respond. I may have been lucky but I have had good service from them. I'm also lucky we have a few service centers in the area. Do wish they could guarantee a loaner though when you schedule service.

Reactions: digid80
Build quality can be a issue so be sure to really look over your car at delivery. That being said Tesla has been great with fixing the problems I have had. You do everything through the app so you can't call in for service but they do respond. I may have been lucky but I have had good service from them. I'm also lucky we have a few service centers in the area. Do wish they could guarantee a loaner though when you schedule service.
Unfortunately I live in South Carolina who doesn't allow Tesla to operate in the state. Closest SC to me is Savannah (1hr45min drive) or Charlotte which I think is about a 2hr30min drive but hopefully in the future one will open a little closer but 2hrs isn't horrible.

I'm in the same boat I drive 70miles a day so gets really expensive fast putting premium in a Mustang GT. Didn't help the gas mileage either that I have a heavy foot. Was also able to get rid of my winter beater since the Tesla is all wheel drive. Really looking forward to jumping up to the performance version though and having the track stuff and even faster 0-60. Really nice to get that kind of performance and have the car be so efficient also.
Team Mustang! I’m planning keeping my ‘18 GT 350 though! That and the Tesla will be my only American cars after nearly two decades of all German cars.

Unfortunately I live in South Carolina who doesn't allow Tesla to operate in the state. Closest SC to me is Savannah (1hr45min drive) or Charlotte which I think is about a 2hr30min drive but hopefully in the future one will open a little closer but 2hrs isn't horrible.
I wonder if they are allowed to provide mobile service there. Mobile service is really nice. Some things you have to take it in for but most stuff mobile service can fix. I have had them come to my work and fix the car while I work.
Team Mustang! I’m planning keeping my ‘18 GT 350 though! That and the Tesla will be my only American cars after nearly two decades of all German cars.
GT350 is a sick car I wouldn't get rid of that either. Bet that is a blast to drive. So much great aftermarket stuff for mustangs also. Before Tesla I drove Mustang's and Mercedes. I wouldn't mind a C7 or C8 Vette either :)

Reactions: digid80
That’s exactly how many miles a day I drive. After taking delivery of my M3P in March, it’s such joy of not dealing with gas and it’s so much fun to drive. You will love it.

Reactions: THXULTRA
That’s exactly how many miles a day I drive. After taking delivery of my M3P in March, it’s such joy of not dealing with gas and it’s so much fun to drive. You will love it.
Ya really looking forward to it. Really like the minimalist interior and it was even quieter then my Model S. Current decision is do I get FSD or not. Have EAP on my current car and use auto lane change but that alone isn't worth the extra 10k. The gamble is what other FSD features come in the next 4 years. Can always do the subscription also but would be more a month and hardware upgrades would probably be out of pocket.

Glad to see so many people appreciate clean EV performance and are not just buying it for range or plugging in or whatever - those are great but my main reason to get the M3P is just pure brutal speed on tap. I'm coming from a Charger Scat Pack and loved it for what it was, I'll miss the V8 Hemi growl but I do not miss the meathead Mopar crowd. Even with Stellantis' EV announcements recently and Dodge's eMuscle plans, I see the most ridiculous blinders-on "GAs MoPAr oR No CAr!!" knuckleheads in different FB groups.

Finally got the new whip - see y'all over in the main forums!

Attachments

• PXL_20210722_175904146.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210722_175904146.MP.jpg
    933.8 KB · Views: 66
  • PXL_20210722_175855231.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210722_175855231.MP.jpg
    906.3 KB · Views: 51
Honestly nothing so far. I did a once around, opened all the doors, trunk, etc and everything seemed in order. Panel gaps seemed consistent all around. I already nicked a wheel on a curb after my 5 minute first drive though :eek:
Also love the red with the dark wheels and dark trim in person. I vacillated between white and red and even this morning before the car came I was regretting not getting the white. Now I have the car though I'm very happy with the red.

Also love the red with the dark wheels and dark trim in person. I vacillated between white and red and even this morning before the car came I was regretting not getting the white. Now I have the car though I'm very happy with the red.

Red is where it's at. My X was red and LR 3 white - I regretted getting white a little but couldn't have 2 red cars... then I changed my mind. ;)