Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received notice on Friday 6/10 that my vehicle had left the factory and was in route to the delivery facility. Estimated delivery June 21-26

Got my delivery date today! June 25th at 11:00. So from OD to DD it will be 56 days. Unlike other reports, there were no changes (extensions) to the original date range. it slowly drew into focus and ultimately fell into the range I was provided a week after ordering. Hoping you all have a similar experience.
That was my experience. I only got bumped up each week. I lucked out and pick it up Monday!

I said I’d report back if I found anything else and here I am.

Yesterday I heard what sounded to me like a bolt sliding inside the drivers door panel on braking. I know some would say “perfect, make an appointment.” However I’ve always been a car guy and I like wrenching. I want to become an expert on my car inside and out. So I took the door panel off today.

406E81C6-0D44-493E-8ECD-E8C5AA4B069A.jpeg

2A9BF21E-1006-4413-A887-EEC04E43EB58.jpeg

It appears in the haste of assembly someone didn’t realize this screw didn’t bite. I can see marks on the panel so it was attempted to be installed but I can only assume didn’t grab enough and fell out.

Easy fix. 5 minutes.

I do have another rattle near the passenger side A pillar. I can’t tell if it’s in the upper portion of the door, edge of dash, or a trim in the wheel well. I’ll report back once I solve it

That is a great looking car! What was the reasoning behind selling it? Couldn't have been an easy decision
Not an easy decision at all. Going out now for one last drive in it now :( The reason I am selling it is I have installed solar panels on my house so I figured the next thing I should do is get an EV. Can't afford both vehicles. I am sure I will be happy with the Tesla

Reactions: dgoodlan
Not an easy decision at all. Going out now for one last drive in it now :( The reason I am selling it is I have installed solar panels on my house so I figured the next thing I should do is get an EV. Can't afford both vehicles. I am sure I will be happy with the Tesla
7551280F-A778-490F-B190-F96530A2E0B9.jpeg

Definitely a hard choice to let go of a fun car. Currently selling this porsche and getting the model 3. Just had a newborn and need a “family car” per my wife even though I already have a benz gle as the second car.

View attachment 818117

Definitely a hard choice to let go of a fun car. Currently selling this porsche and getting the model 3. Just had a newborn and need a “family car” per my wife even though I already have a benz gle as the second car.

The Tesla is fun in a different way, obviously the acceleration is insanely quick, but the whole experience is totally different (and never going to gas station again is a bit surreal).

I've had a pretty wide array of vehicles: Z06, Supra, S2000, BMWs, Mustang GTs (did a decent amount of track driving) and I don't regret the M3P at all, in fact, I don't even feel like the newness has worn off and ours will be one year old tomorrow :)

Is that Sonoma?

The Tesla is fun in a different way, obviously the acceleration is insanely quick, but the whole experience is totally different (and never going to gas station again is a bit surreal).

I've had a pretty wide array of vehicles: Z06, Supra, S2000, BMWs, Mustang GTs (did a decent amount of track driving) and I don't regret the M3P at all, in fact, I don't even feel like the newness has worn off and ours will be one year old tomorrow :)

Is that Sonoma?
That would be laguna! Glad you are enjoying the 3. Hoping i wont regret it as well.

Does anyone have recommendations for cleaning supplies for washing the car thay i can pick up locally? Never really cared enough to wash my own car but want to take of mine since i work at a landfill my car is going to get dusty very often. I don’t want to go through drive thru washes
https://www.autogeek.net/ Great site for Detailers. Google the two bucket method and get some grit guards. Clay is great too. I’m taking mine in for paint correction and ceramic even though it’s brand new. They don’t detail these cars and you’ll be surprised what contamination you get off with clay. Hope that helps. Also look at 303 aerospace for the interior. Doesn’t get slimey or dry out the plastics and will actually protect them. Ammonia free cleaner for tint is key too. For those with white seats. This is a must read. The Offical Way To Clean White Tesla Seats - EVehicle Pro

Reactions: dnstommy
H.O.L.Y. S.*.*.T.......
Car delivered. Inspected it more in depth than I have ever looked at a car and I have to say I did not see a single thing worth concern. The gaps, if any, are less than my wife's SUV and overall everything is flawless. Took a minute to figure everything out but then took it out to the long, empty stretch of road next to us. Floored it and my god...... this thing is INSANE. Actually made me nauseous for a second lol. The instantaneousness of the acceleration is unlike anything I've ever felt. So exicited for everyone to experience this.

#TeamFlatbroke

Attachments

• Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    503.3 KB · Views: 65
H.O.L.Y. S.*.*.T.......
Car delivered. Inspected it more in depth than I have ever looked at a car and I have to say I did not see a single thing worth concern. The gaps, if any, are less than my wife's SUV and overall everything is flawless. Took a minute to figure everything out but then took it out to the long, empty stretch of road next to us. Floored it and my god...... this thing is INSANE. Actually made me nauseous for a second lol. The instantaneousness of the acceleration is unlike anything I've ever felt. So exicited for everyone to experience this.

#TeamFlatbroke
Huge Congratulations!!!!! Enjoy and thanks for sharing the experience!!! The car looks amazing!

Floored it and my god...... this thing is INSANE. Actually made me nauseous for a second lol. The instantaneousness of the acceleration is unlike anything I've ever felt. So exicited for everyone to experience this.

#TeamFlatbroke

Yeah, it's hard to describe, the closest thing is a roller coaster with magnetic acceleration (like Velocicoaster or Hagrid's at Universal). No shifting adds to it too, there's no interruption of power, or change, it's just a continuous, smooth surge of power.

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm back from my delivery at the local SC! Forgive me for the lack of pictures as I was too excited and focused on looking for potential paint defect/panel gap that I forgot to take pictures along the way. All in all, the delivery experience was super smooth. Got to the SC location, the SA welcomed me and I had to turn in the finance check and signed some documents. Afterwards, they showed me the car and the rest is history. I have no problem with the car besides the rear trunk gaps being maybe a little too wide for my liking but I don't think there's really a way to make those gaps any tighter so I'm giving Tesla a pass.

Really happy with the driving experience on my way home and the auto pilot is absolutely amazing. With rumored Enhanced Auto Pilot coming to all markets, don't lose faith and stay patient for those who are waiting for their vehicles. I've waited nearly 3 months for the car and I have no regrets waiting that long haha. Hope to see everyone else on this thread with their vehicles soon! :)

unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
Ladies and gentlemen, I'm back from my delivery at the local SC! Forgive me for lack of pictures as I was too excited and too focused on looking for potential paint defect/panel gap that I forgot to take pictures along the way. All in all, the delivery experience was super smooth. Got to the SC location, the SA welcomed me and I had to turn in the finance check and signed some documents. Afterwards, they showed me to the car and the rest is history. I have no problem with the car besides the rear trunk gaps being maybe a little too wide but I don't think there's really a way to make those gaps any tighter so I'm giving Tesla a pass.

Really happy with the driving experience on my way home and the auto pilot is absolutely amazing. With rumored Enhanced Auto Pilot coming to all markets, don't lose faith and stay patient for those who are waiting for their vehicles. I've waited nearly 3 months for the car and I have no regrets waiting that long haha. Hope to see everyone else on this thread with their vehicles soon! :)

View attachment 818229
Didn’t even know about EAP coming back, googled it and can’t wait! Exactly what I want, couldn’t care less about the rest of the FSD. Just want the park assist and lane change. Summon is a nice perk.