Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, my delivery was scheduled for Saturday morning. Tesla took it upon themselves to change that to Tuesday morning. I've had no luck getting any type of verification from them that the car will DEFINITELY be ready Tuesday morning, so I'm reluctant to take that time off work. So I guess I'm going to be working after delivery, instead of installing my mountain of parts and accessories. 🤬

I've got a blank pre-approval check from my credit union that I'll be using for payment. If anyone has used a similar form of payment, how long did the process take, excluding inspection time? Will a 2 hour block in my schedule be enough to go through the entire process?

Reactions: julit0
I ordered a Model 3 Performance MSM with white interior on June 16th no FSD.
Originally EDD: June-Aug
Updated EDD: July 28th-Sept 1st

I also have a MYLR7 MSM with White + Tow Package on order but its a ways out. This Model 3P I am hoping to get fast while I wait for the MYLR7 which is what I actually am wanting.
I'm sure you'll get the M3P much earlier than the MYLR. If I ever already had the money to ascend to the MY, I'll order it now and enjoy my not-even-a-month-old M3 until late next year or the year after.

So, my delivery was scheduled for Saturday morning. Tesla took it upon themselves to change that to Tuesday morning. I've had no luck getting any type of verification from them that the car will DEFINITELY be ready Tuesday morning, so I'm reluctant to take that time off work. So I guess I'm going to be working after delivery, instead of installing my mountain of parts and accessories. 🤬

I've got a blank pre-approval check from my credit union that I'll be using for payment. If anyone has used a similar form of payment, how long did the process take, excluding inspection time? Will a 2 hour block in my schedule be enough to go through the entire process?
Ouch!! it will be worth it when said and done, Enjoy my friend

They kept changing my delivery 2-3 times since my CU didn't have the check ready. Once I upload copy of the check they gave me the original time slot.

New to the group!

Backstory, I placed a reservation for a Ford Bronco back in July 2020. I put in my order for a 2021 model year (MY) and then had to re-enter my order for a 2022 MY and in August the order banks open up for 2023 MY orders. Its just been a mess with Ford and the delays/commodity restraints...

Cut to making a complete 180 with car choice.....
I put in an order for a M3P on Friday 6-17. Tesla site said EDD would be Jun-Aug for the M3P.
Monday morning my EDD now shows November 25 - January 20.
Seems TESLA is pretty good with bring up your EDD and not pushing back (except for Flatbroke - I feel your pain from my Bronco order.)

Here's to hoping I get this before the end of summer

tesla order.jpg

Nice to see another Midwest Model 3 Performance member. Let me know what your plans are for tires/wheels for winter. What part of Michigan are you in?
I’m in the Grand Rapids area. For winter I’ll probably purchase the winter tire set from Tesla….but they’re expensive, so might reevaluate as it gets closer. I’ve driven on summer tires during an entire winter season before, 0/10 would not recommend!

Reactions: julit0 and dgoodlan
New to the group!

Backstory, I placed a reservation for a Ford Bronco back in July 2020. I put in my order for a 2021 model year (MY) and then had to re-enter my order for a 2022 MY and in August the order banks open up for 2023 MY orders. Its just been a mess with Ford and the delays/commodity restraints...

I put in an order for a M3P on Friday 6-17. Tesla site said EDD would be Jun-Aug for the M3P.
Seems TESLA is pretty good with bring up your EDD and not pushing back (except for Flatbroke - I feel your pain from my Bronco order.)

View attachment 819685
Welcome to the group!

The M3P EDDs seem to have gone further out for some really recent orders, I wonder if the Model 3 price increase and no increase on the performance, drove people to M3P orders making the EDD push out, I am June 14 order, still Jul30-Sept3. I expect my EDD to reset on the 24th. Its all guessing at this point.

Recent past has the wait for VIN is 4 weeks, car in 6 weeks. Shorter if you are in Cali. Lets see how it goes.

I’m in the Grand Rapids area. For winter I’ll probably purchase the winter tire set from Tesla….but they’re expensive, so might reevaluate as it gets closer. I’ve driven on summer tires during an entire winter season before, 0/10 would not recommend!
For my model Y I bought the pieces of the kit myself and did it for $900 less. Rim on Facebook marketplace. Tires on Tirerack. TPS and mount at Tesla. Maybe you can do similar.

Reactions: dgoodlan and l8er
New to the group!

View attachment 819685
LOL, welcome aboard and Here is to a speedy delivery!!!