Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I honestly was never considering it, but with the stupid weird used vehicle market, being able to sell my previous car for an insane price and my state's sales tax credit, it just made sense. As long as I can get it in the 60-day window now....lol
That was my other reason too. I'm trading in my 2015 S and since the warranty expires next April I'm sure it's going to start depreciating quickly. Might as well strike while it's hot.

Reactions: julit0
Yours sounds pretty similar to mine. My OD was 5/10 (RWD), updated to LR on 5/13, then M3P on 6/23. No movement yet on EDD. I called Tesla today and asked if moving to maybe a higher volume SC than Memphis, such as to Kansas City or Dallas, would improve my odds of getting it sooner. They said I should just wait about 4 days after making the switch to see movement on the EDD. I'm hoping like hell to get the car before 8/19 so I can take advance of my state's sales tax incentive for selling my previous car.

For the hive mind, for those demo cars with FSD, is that a removable feature if someone buys one?
yes someone posted doing just that a couple days ago. Search the threads in last 4 days you will find it.

Reactions: julit0
FYI, if any of you are in the Bay Area and picking up from Fremont factory dealership, go up there (or call) and see if you can pick up early! As I posted earlier, I ordered on 6/21, got confirmation it this morning will be delivered on Sunday. Went up there this afternoon to talk with them and ask questions about payment, and she informed me it was ready today… less than 72 hours after I ordered. Waiting on text to come get it
Took delivery this evening. Awesome car

Attachments

• BCDDF8AD-BC03-41FD-A1B9-6D031C3CB5F9.jpeg
    BCDDF8AD-BC03-41FD-A1B9-6D031C3CB5F9.jpeg
    765.8 KB · Views: 122
FYI, if any of you are in the Bay Area and picking up from Fremont factory dealership, go up there (or call) and see if you can pick up early! As I posted earlier, I ordered on 6/21, got confirmation it this morning will be delivered on Sunday. Went up there this afternoon to talk with them and ask questions about payment, and she informed me it was ready today… less than 72 hours after I ordered. Waiting on text to come get it.
That has got to be a forum waiting room record--four days from order to delivery? "@Furlowed" is now the opposite of "@Flatbroked." :)

I like the sound of that. Like a few others, I just came over from the LR waiting room.

OD 5/7. LR Black, 19’s, black interior. Dallas, TX
EDD July 17-Aug 30. Updated to EDD 8/12-9/16 last week.
Updated today to white performance.
You have the same OD date as me. One 6/6 I updated to white performance, no trade-in, cash, received VIN 6/14 and took deliver 6/18.

Just went and did a pre-delivery inspection. I didn't notice anything that will stop me from accepting delivery this afternoon. The doors were unlocked so I got to inspect the interior as well.

The one thing I'm definitely mentioning to them is a large gap in one of the taillights.

Something I EXPECT to be cleaned away when I pick it up in a few hours is the MSM paint all over the dash and back seats. Seriously, how does a car leave the factory with paint covering the dashboard and seats? Somebody working at the Tesla factory doesn't GAF.

PXL_20220625_114846482.jpg

Just went and did a pre-delivery inspection. I didn't notice anything that will stop me from accepting delivery this afternoon. The doors were unlocked so I got to inspect the interior as well.

The one thing I'm definitely mentioning to them is a large gap in one of the taillights.

Something I EXPECT to be cleaned away when I pick it up in a few hours is the MSM paint all over the dash and back seats. Seriously, how does a car leave the factory with paint covering the dashboard and seats? Somebody working at the Tesla factory doesn't GAF.

View attachment 820884
Make sure you get all the accessories. They shorted me on the center counsel divider and other small items when I picked my LR. I know thos are small items...but you have paid for it.

My car had quite a bit of dust on the inside that I had to clean. Pretty curious where it all came from.
Was it dust or paint/overspray? The mess in the picture is paint. When I wiped it my finger turned sparkly gray. "How did this happen?" is something that has puzzled me since seeing it.

Make sure you get all the accessories. They shorted me on the center counsel divider and other small items when I picked my LR. I know thos are small items...but you have paid for it.
I don't think the console organizers are supposed to be included. But I've purchased a few of them anyway. I have quite a bit of things to install after delivery.