Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my wife wants to change the color to white from red. Any idea how difficult this is to do after already ordering?

Thanks.
You just have to reach out your SA. I’ve been texting the number that sent me the welcome to Tesla text. They’ll make it so you can edit your configuration, but what they wouldn’t tell me is if you “lose your place in line” and if it puts you at the end of the queue.

Reactions: A55!
You just have to reach out your SA. I’ve been texting the number that sent me the welcome to Tesla text. They’ll make it so you can edit your configuration, but what they wouldn’t tell me is if you “lose your place in line” and if it puts you at the end of the queue.
Just a data point, but I changed my color silver to black and had zero impact on dates at that time.

Tomorrow is day 100. Still nothing. EDD window starts on the 10th, and of course, I expect another push like the last several times. Very close to just cancelling the order and getting something else.
I think they just made a batch of our config and gave them to others who ordered weeks later, just based on some opaque geographical considerations. That's been frustrating. I don't see myself cancelling, but it doesn't exactly make me feel like a valued customer. I am very much looking forward to the day when they have more serious competition.

Tomorrow is day 100. Still nothing. EDD window starts on the 10th, and of course, I expect another push like the last several times. Very close to just cancelling the order and getting something else.
Sorry to hear, I know that’s gotta be frustrating. I’m frustrated and I’m only at 57 days, no VIN. EDD is Oct 11 - Nov 8. Honestly, it wouldn’t be so bad if they were able to communicate the process better or provide better updates. I get that I’m probably asking a lot but when you see people who ordered after you already taking delivery…it makes you wonder.

Any one else on the east coast with July/August orders in the same boat?

Sorry to hear, I know that’s gotta be frustrating. I’m frustrated and I’m only at 57 days, no VIN. EDD is Oct 11 - Nov 8. Honestly, it wouldn’t be so bad if they were able to communicate the process better or provide better updates. I get that I’m probably asking a lot but when you see people who ordered after you already taking delivery…it makes you wonder.

I am. Ohio here. Ordered 19aug. But I think I screwed myself when I changed my color from msm to blue a month after ordering.

I have no proof of this other than subjective and my experience, but they seem to be executing faster on delivery in markets with "less saturation". I ordered my white/black M3P in August and took delivery in September in southern Ohio. I won't say that you don't see other Teslas in my area, but you have to throw the stone pretty far to hit one compared to other cities on the West and East coast I have been to recently. Though my friend waited 8 months for his MYLR so YMMV.

Edit: Perhaps to ease supercharger waits in heavier metro areas?

I think they just made a batch of our config and gave them to others who ordered weeks later, just based on some opaque geographical considerations. That's been frustrating. I don't see myself cancelling, but it doesn't exactly make me feel like a valued customer. I am very much looking forward to the day when they have more serious competition.

I have definitely seen multiple instances of people receiving their vehicles or the same config after me.

I have no idea what goes on with their allocation process. I understand maximizing their deliveries in a way that yields the highest return for them, but when you see vehicles of the same config being delivered to the same geographical area as you - that is just unexplainable.

I don’t know if they have some sort of internal risk calculation that gets flagged for some orders and maybe that could explain the random delays, but I’m not sure what exactly in my profile could have raised a risk flag.

It makes me feel seriously unvalued as a customer, and it’s very frustrating. I want a Tesla, and I agree the competition isn’t there yet, but customer service (rather, the lack-thereof) will be a headache for Tesla in the future.

And don’t even get me started on the terrible canned responses you get from the advisor(s) when you try to ask questions about the non-refundable order of a $70,000 vehicle months past it’s original delivery estimate.

Reactions: LorentzTorque
As we reach EOQ, the whole delivery process changes. They focus on California and how can they can cars delivered fast. After EOQ they also spend some time doing maintenance on the lines. So it takes a minute to get back to delivering again. Next week you should start seeing vin popping up again.

I took delivery a few months ago. Then it was really consistent 9 weeks order to delivery. I am not sure what it is now.

I just now heard of this - removing ultra sonic sensors is a terrible move. If/when I get a VIN, my first question will be if my vehicle has them. If it does not, I will be rejecting and cancelling my order.

This is an absurd move.

As we reach EOQ, the whole delivery process changes. They focus on California and how can they can cars delivered fast. After EOQ they also spend some time doing maintenance on the lines. So it takes a minute to get back to delivering again. Next week you should start seeing vin popping up again.

I took delivery a few months ago. Then it was really consistent 9 weeks order to delivery. I am not sure what it is now.
About to hit 9 weeks on Monday, still in a 4 week EDD without a VIN. I think my only hope is to try and grab a car from inventory. My financing expires on Nov 20th.

Waitingfortesla.com for those that aren’t aware.

Well folks, I have news.

I claimed an inventory vehicle in Miami that is the same config, just an LR instead of a P. Heading down to pick it up tomorrow afternoon.

I can’t keep waiting, and I’m not going to take a $70k+ vehicle without the ultrasonics.
Let us know how your experience goes! Curious as if there are LR models still being produced without the matrix headlights.