Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 pricing and competition

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How does Android Auto typically work? Will the app project onto the screen in the car?

Plug in your phone and the screen is mirrored on to the car's display. Touch works, it's responsive.

The Android Auto mode gives you a simplified interface suitable for use in a car. Full voice control for hands free operation.

Apple has some kind of institute inferior rip-off ;)

Reactions: adaptabl
There are actually 12 just in the Netherlands alone, but only one single 175 kW charger and one or two 50 kW chargers per station. Image the joy of watching an e-Golf hugging the 175kW charger charging at 40 kW while you are waiting with your Kona or iPace. More are planned for Holland and Belgium, but with the flood of iPaces and Kona's arriving soon, it's going to be fun how this evolves. There is more capacity available to place more chargers (8 total per station), but that will take some time.
Who operates them? Maybe I can find them that way, I haven't been able to find them with any vender-neutral/multi-vender maps.

I know there has been plans announced to build networks of a large number of 150kW, I'm just having a tough time finding documentation of anything over 100kW that has been built besides Tesla Superchargers (and England hardly that). All I've found in Netherlands is a single 175kW site.

Last edited:
Oh, I didn't realise that the M3 doesn't have 1 pedal mode.
Of course it does, it's the default setting. The Bolt's stronger regen setting is more aggressive than the Model 3 RWD, physics kinda dictates because of rear wheels versus front wheels doing the breaking. This was the case in the older Model S original RWDs, too.

It doesn't have a wheel regen brake paddle that the Bolt has, which is a touch I like as I use it for canceling CC fairly often, because the Bolt doesn't have an option for TACC. It, if you use it (my wife doesn't), makes it easier to get close to pure 1 pedal.

Tesla (across all models) curiously does feather off the regen at very slow speeds (below 5mph) unlike the Bolt, so you'll end up touching the brake pedal more often if not using Autopilot. Especially if you have Creep setting on (approximates Automatic transmission creep). It doesn't fight to keep you stopped once you are stopped, like the Bolt does in "L". They also don't have any regen on the brake pedal, to avoid the soggy brake feeling so common in hybrids/EVs. This is overall approach is relatively unique as far as I know, I'm curious about how these new vehicles will handles brakes.

• Disagree
Reactions: adaptabl
Who operates them? Maybe I can find them that way, I haven't been able to find them with any vender-neutral/multi-vender maps.

I know there has been plans announced to build networks of a large number of 150kW, I'm just having a tough time finding documentation of anything over 100kW that has been built besides Tesla Superchargers (and England hardly that). All I've found in Netherlands is a single 175kW site.

All but one are by Fastned. Check their map with locations. Don't forget to toggle the 175kW filter.

The other one is by Allego and at the same location as the Tesla Supercharger station in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.

You're choosing a different definition of "one-pedal driving" than has been in common use since at least 2008 with the Tesla Roadster. FYI.

So... No then.

I'm talking about one pedal mode like Nissan ePedal where you only need one pedal unless you need to brake really hard.

So... No then.

I'm talking about one pedal mode like Nissan ePedal where you only need one pedal unless you need to brake really hard.
Your definition a few posts earlier was "to zero" but now it seems to be "to zero unless you need to brake really hard." Moving definitions make it difficult to have a sane discussion.

Also, funny you should mention e-Pedal. Random article from search on 'e-Pedal'...

2018 Nissan Leaf to have e-Pedal: here's what that means
One-pedal driving was pioneered in the Tesla Roadster and, to a lesser extent, in the Tesla Model S before entering lower-cost vehicles with the 2014 BMW i3.

If that description is accurate, I would argue that Tesla's definition is the default for "one-pedal driving" since they pioneered it. Redefining a term a decade after a meaning has been established for common usage is odd.

Of course it does, it's the default setting. The Bolt's stronger regen setting is more aggressive than the Model 3 RWD, physics kinda dictates because of rear wheels versus front wheels doing the breaking. This was the case in the older Model S original RWDs, too.

It doesn't have a wheel regen brake paddle that the Bolt has, which is a touch I like as I use it for canceling CC fairly often, because the Bolt doesn't have an option for TACC. It, if you use it (my wife doesn't), makes it easier to get close to pure 1 pedal.

Tesla (across all models) curiously does feather off the regen at very slow speeds (below 5mph) unlike the Bolt, so you'll end up touching the brake pedal more often if not using Autopilot. Especially if you have Creep setting on (approximates Automatic transmission creep). It doesn't fight to keep you stopped once you are stopped, like the Bolt does in "L". They also don't have any regen on the brake pedal, to avoid the soggy brake feeling so common in hybrids/EVs. This is overall approach is relatively unique as far as I know, I'm curious about how these new vehicles will handles brakes.

If it’s similar to the S and X it’s more like 1.25 pedal driving. For most driving except for complete stops or a surprise stop you can use just regen resistance to manage your speed. It just doesn’t get you to 0 mph. I prefer the way the Bolt handles regen. But I’d much rather drive and own a Tesla for many other reasons.

At least it’s not like my 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid which I loved in almost every way except how it would feel like it would surge ahead suddenly when coasting to a stop due to a poorly implemented regen transition.

Kia is releasing the Niro in a similar price bracket and Nissan are launching the Leaf 60, both with the same battery pack as the Kona.
Good to know. And all those models have 400,000+ reservations I understand. And of course those companies have built out extensive high speed charging networks for their cars along major highways in Norther America, Europe, and East Asia.

I wish them great success.

Good to know. And all those models have 400,000+ reservations I understand. And of course those companies have built out extensive high speed charging networks for their cars along major highways in Norther America, Europe, and East Asia.

What good is a high speed charging network if one can't afford the car. That's prob the reason why cheap gas cars will be around for a long time.

If it’s similar to the S and X it’s more like 1.25 pedal driving. For most driving except for complete stops or a surprise stop you can use just regen resistance to manage your speed. It just doesn’t get you to 0 mph. I prefer the way the Bolt handles regen. But I’d much rather drive and own a Tesla for many other reasons.

At least it’s not like my 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid which I loved in almost every way except how it would feel like it would surge ahead suddenly when coasting to a stop due to a poorly implemented regen transition.

In the Leaf when you let off the pedal completely it applies the friction brake as well as regen when in ePedal mode. With a little practice you can come to a stop where you want to.

Indeed, in much of Europe the CCS network is far better. On the island of Ireland, for example, there are only two badly placed Tesla charging locations.

Fortunately with cars that can drive for 8 hours solid with only one charge (or more practically a couple of short charges) it's not a big deal for most people.

• Disagree
Reactions: EVMeister
Indeed, in much of Europe the CCS network is far better. On the island of Ireland, for example, there are only two badly placed Tesla charging locations.

Fortunately with cars that can drive for 8 hours solid with only one charge (or more practically a couple of short charges) it's not a big deal for most people.

Wrong. If you're going to make a point with a specific example, at least get your facts right. There are 4 x 8 stall superchargers in Ireland (Republic of). And one more (8 stall?) 'coming soon' to fill in the gap. Undoubtedly there will be more coming at a later date as well. You can cross most of the country just using Supercharging. And you don't have to worry about getting there to a 1 - 2 stall charger that may be in use from a car of one of many other manufacturers or out of service. You're completely missing the advantage here.

In the neighbouring island of the United Kingdom which is far larger and car ownership significantly greater, the complete opposite situation is true - Model 3 pricing and competition. The Supercharging network is by far the superior option for long distance EV travel, take it from somebody who actually owns an EV and has experience of using the alternative.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: 1 person
There are 4 x 8 stall superchargers in Ireland (Republic of). And one more (8 stall?) 'coming soon' to fill in the gap.

Look at the map. There are two locations, and each location has two sets of stalls. They are just on opposite sides of the road.

What is this gap that is going to be filled? Basically if you want to travel between Dublin and Galway you are okay, otherwise the entire rest of the country has nothing.

At least look at a map before making these silly claims.

• Disagree
Reactions: EVMeister