Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From this angle it appears that the aft edge of the charge door (at least on the left side) lines up with the body seams above and below it. This is somewhat different than what we saw on the right side of the blue model.
Looks the same to me. Look at the shape of the open cover. It is the same as in the previous photos. If it were to follow the body seams, it would have to be a triangle, but it's not.

I think we should give up on the idea of following body seams. Others already pointed out why it's not made this way: the panels/parts are much easier to align without gap if there are not 4 corners converging at one point.

Reactions: garsh
Looks the same to me. Look at the shape of the open cover. It is the same as in the previous photos. If it were to follow the body seams, it would have to be a triangle, but it's not.

I think we should give up on the idea of following body seams. Others already pointed out why it's not made this way: the panels/parts are much easier to align without gap if there are not 4 corners converging at one point.
I have taken a look at the enlarged photo of the charge door, and I think you are right.

A lot of "dead" space.
So (IMHO) in Europe Mennekes port in Teslas will be upgraded with DC pins to full CCS port.
Combo.jpg

Now in the US - will there be J1772+CCS pins on the other side of a car?

99% sure the charge door is manual - didn't actually touch it but in person it's not a beefy as my Model S charge door.
What was cool was the charge light (not a color ring) is a little "T" tesla logo next to the plug.
Door was slight open - engineer was in the car - it was pretty hot yesterday in the central valley
Yes, car had solid glass roof but it wasn't solar
Interior was ... well Tesla like and similar to other pics on here.
When I self-volunteered to leave my phone (aka camera) in my car and not take pictures, the Tesla Engineer was "very friendly"

99% sure the charge door is manual - didn't actually touch it but in person it's not a beefy as my Model S charge door.
What was cool was the charge light (not a color ring) is a little "T" tesla logo next to the plug.
Door was slight open - engineer was in the car - it was pretty hot yesterday in the central valley
Yes, car had solid glass roof but it wasn't solar
Interior was ... well Tesla like and similar to other pics on here.
When I self-volunteered to leave my phone (aka camera) in my car and not take pictures, the Tesla Engineer was "very friendly"
The hinge looks like the type of hinge in most trunks (the non-strut type with elbow hinges). The actuation mechanism can be inside the taillight, without any parts on the charge door (charge door can be pure plastic).

Last edited:
bluerc1.jpg

Looks like that photo may have been taken in downtown Palo Alto somewhere. It's interesting how Tesla is openly driving multiple Model 3's around the Bay Area on a regular basis.

LOL... After street viewing around for an hour I finally found it...
found-it.png

Not downtown...

Double LOL... There was a Model S in front of it a year ago when Streetview drove by:
found-it2.png

Last edited: