Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally....a view of the white Model 3 from the front. ( being trailed by an X I believe ).

Where is the photo of the new white M3 front view? Also, referencing Tofer's observation about wheel well filling...I think the point is the wheel should fill the well equally at the sides and top. The broken shock look is when the top is closer to the tire than the sides. It has been pretty standard practice for promotional materials to show wheel wells fully filled with tire/wheel combinations because it looks "right". This in spite of a snug well/tire fit being problematic over rough roads, driveway ramps etc. I myself like the filled well so I live the occasional tire rub problem.

Reactions: T34ME
Where is the photo of the new white M3 front view? Also, referencing Tofer's observation about wheel well filling...I think the point is the wheel should fill the well equally at the sides and top. The broken shock look is when the top is closer to the tire than the sides. It has been pretty standard practice for promotional materials to show wheel wells fully filled with tire/wheel combinations because it looks "right". This in spite of a snug well/tire fit being problematic over rough roads, driveway ramps etc. I myself like the filled well so I live the occasional tire rub problem.
You don't see the pic? Carl saw it.

It's a pyranometer... not sure why we're seeing these on Model S and Model yet.

I think that solar car roof is actually coming. And if it's coming to the Model 3, it'll be released on the S/X, too.

He did say "probably" will have solar roofs, which is a heck more certain than our poor HUD was.

EDIT: another pic!

imfj22ihqezy.jpg

Maybe roof rack mounts? Source, /u/slipslopoopy.

Last edited:
I think that solar car roof is actually coming. And if it's coming to the Model 3, it'll be released on the S/X, too.

He did say "probably" will have solar roofs, which is a heck more certain than our poor HUD was.
Lets not start this again.

There will be less than 100 configurations. Solar roof aint one of them.

Tesla says Model 3 will have fewer than 100 configurations to Model S’ more than 1,500

Elon made the Solar roof statement eons ago...( last year ). Now..........

Lets not start this again.

There will be less than 100 configurations. Solar roof aint one of them.

Tesla says Model 3 will have fewer than 100 configurations to Model S’ more than 1,500

Elon made the Solar roof statement eons ago...( last year ). Now..........

Not advocating one way or the other, but <100 could very well be at launch. I've seen several guestimates using only RWD to make it to under 100 and we all know AWD is an option. Either way I don't think the <100 configurations is a sure sign to exclude anything.... but I "could" be compleatly wrong.

imfj22ihqezy.jpg

nice, that's obviously 880 near warren, right in front of their kato rd location (ie future Fremont #2 SC).

imfj22ihqezy.jpg

I wonder what that extra "white" triangular looking piece is down there on the bottom of the fog lights.

• Informative
Reactions: ikjadoon
The model 3 might not come with AC, however its clear that its going to come with a Tesla Towel. Look a the last pic above and you will see the blue Tesla towel on the dashboard where the window / dashboard / a-pillar meet.

That's a sweat towel.
Or is that a pair of blue work gloves? Looks like two fingers of a glove on the left side.

Last edited:

imfj22ihqezy.jpg

Anybody know what the box on the roof rack is?
I wonder if this is going to be a optional roof rack that can be purchased, or if this is just a custom setup for some kind of testing?
Will there be permanent mounting points for the rack?

Reactions: tracksyde

imfj22ihqezy.jpg

Shoot, I can't even decide on the color of M3 I'm getting. Now I'll have to figure out whether I want the Slate or Terracotta solar roof? ;)