Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone else disappointed about the visors? I was hoping for that big sky unobstructed panoramic front windshield like in the Model X... at least as an option. Here we see the traditional visor setup that runs from A pillar to A pillar :(
Well, I mean yes and no. It's the same as it was from launch so we can't be more disappointed than we were a year ago...

I'm liking the interior shots. Thanks for those.
Good indication of the range of this sucker. I'm impressed. It's going to surpass everyone's expectations. Which is what I expected when they first annouced they were going to make a scaled down model S.

Thanks for confirming the glass roof. Although this one does open, I"m sure they'll offer the all glass roof once the main reservation units are out the door. Which is right around the time I'll be ready for the vehicle! 75kw battery with the all glass roof and rwd. I'll be set! :)

Reactions: Waiting4M3 and cdub
This is interesting. I don't think I've seen a clearer example of a deliberate leak. :)

"Okay Bob. We'd like to do a bit of an information leak. Go on out the the supercharger, when it's packed, leave the car wide open so that people can see and take photos. Make sure that they can take a good photo of the screen, so that they can do the math to determine the range. Make sure that the interior is clean and uncluttered.".

Hopefully that's just an id card or something else. Sure, it sounds cools but I don't think a key card would be very practical as a key fob. You couldn't carry it like a normal fob, you'd most likely have it in your wallet which would make it harder to get to when you needed to open the trunk or frunk from outside. I'd rather have a regular fob like the S and X.

Reactions: Railhawk52
I'm liking the interior shots. Thanks for those.
Good indication of the range of this sucker. I'm impressed. It's going to surpass everyone's expectations. Which is what I expected when they first annouced they were going to make a scaled down model S.

Thanks for confirming the glass roof. Although this one does open, I"m sure they'll offer the all glass roof once the main reservation units are out the door. Which is right around the time I'll be ready for the vehicle! 75kw battery with the all glass roof and rwd. I'll be set! :)
That is the all glass roof. There will not be a panoramic front windshield in the 3, there is already a panoramic rear windshield needed for rear head clearance.

Hopefully that's just an id card or something else. Sure, it sounds cools but I don't think a key card would be very practical as a key fob. You couldn't carry it like a normal fob, you'd most likely have it in your wallet which would make it harder to get to when you needed to open the trunk or frunk from outside. I'd rather have a regular fob like the S and X.
I think it unlikely that card gives access to the car. With no "buttons" to push to unlock the doors, or unlock the trunk or the frunk individually, it would only provide the ability to access the car via all the doors once it was detected. I suppose it could also unlock the trunk at the same time and then you reach under the lip above the license plate to manually unlatch it (like the S) but I don't see how it could unlock the frunk because there is nothing to grab onto to lift it up.

Seems like a fob would be better and easier to carry in your pocket and harder to lose. Car fobs are mass produced in the millions by third party sources. They must be cheap. Why not use one?

JJF2ZAP.jpg

Is that a RAIN SENSOR? Does that mean that they can't figure out how to do it with AP2 cameras only?

Using Photoshop, I performed some crude measurements of the charging screen to estimate the Model 3's current state of charge to be about 31% with 95 miles of rated range. That extrapolates out to about 306 miles of rated range (!!) for a 100% charge.

Good work. 300 miles rated is pretty darn good, but the supercharge rate sucks. He's only getting 70 kw at 31%. Was this a paired stall? Seems like it is likely given the other pic shows cars on either side.

Well, I mean yes and no. It's the same as it was from launch so we can't be more disappointed than we were a year ago...

I didn't expect that,BUT I was hoping there wouldn't be a cross bar separating the front glass from the rear. I'd guess that regardless of whether we eventually choose a panno roof or the fixed glass there will likely be a cross bar.....

Oh and of course (unlike every other manufacturer out there) there is no sliding shade to cover the glass.
L7KItZedBMUfQmU6n99dmc5NGjSPD6nst0R5UVGeTiqbplDF5dtxcd4Ogirl5vPDjEcs1wVCC1ui5OGtIyid201uDkw3NRMH9EX7VTpmPrQbOlmmpdDH4Y3BhX-0xjV5XU49WjuaPS2fyP5tx32CrMhziDpHOrgWI16UX5RCffJ8M3JImjHrdvWefNhsznDL1K2JgNaOHeqvBn7gKeLzCt3fgjIO9JgZivfCiy8WDeeq2xMHJuANEdkjgWGwEn2gT_K8UP6iiMPiRMhaE5DR5D0D8FJXE4aK0WZCAxkseMUsCHM6DasGYq57aCSqPB-sGM5EGFG1gUiwM_mbviufZsZUR2mJtA0zOeGrXZQL-00IlK0XIrkdRmuO0PbNy1hRSo_HWmY6w3o3sKeMGmGQGky3t2vnfFqL0ISzjZGpLtouYCcMt-m2a0DDbAvxsZySuXCHvk5THte4JxnKbvOIpxw74OudoLdeB1-P7WUVNxwGHaNndpVWO2q7PMxiSbmNPdc3rKAYJDHm3YKqL-JlRmRkgzj32fHhdAQmJv2p6nNVtFqUt24xqP6UAHAH2TgJNnAJEPLZeNF_TAJohdf6y9cASnbe0GiNyjRrK54CK-2QWCf3KVrnNIONina4u-5b5nm-fuId_gtXIdlSvAhzdkzep4iZgSP-_V_X_Kjhk4o=w1200-h900-no

I really hope that isn't going to be happening to my kids in the summer
zfBbHGQ.jpg
!

zfBbHGQ

Reactions: ikjadoon and arnis
I understand the quick math everyone is doing, but isn't it overstated due to the end of charge tapper? I mean since the rate slows down towards the end, it will not calculate out as linear, so these estimates are all too high. We need a better model of the tapered charge rate, ie 100% rate until 80% SOC, 70% rate until 85% SOC, 50% @ 90%,etc....

• Informative
Reactions: Big-T
Good work. 300 miles rated is pretty darn good, but the supercharge rate sucks. He's only getting 70 kw at 31%. Was this a paired stall? Seems like it is likely given the other pic shows cars on either side.
All the San Mateo SC stalls are paired, and as the photos shows the Model 3 had cars charging on either side of it. It is almost certainly the case that the 3 was sharing with another car that was charging, hence the 70kW charge rate.

Reactions: e-FTW