Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Reservation Prediction thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Assuming a compelling design (which seems highly likely), my prediction is 50K reservations by end of April, and 275K by end of 2016 (reviews/publicity for Model X, autopilot, etc. should continue to inspire reservations). Plus many more buyers out there who will wait until after launch to buy instead of putting down a deposit.

Will be interesting to see how Tesla is able to ramp production in 2018 to meet the demand.

Interesting anecdotal information

Had some interesting info from my local Tesla shop : teslamotors

"I called my local shop (Chicago area) and asked if there was a game plan for March 31st. He said not yet, but should have more info in the coming weeks. I then asked if he has had many inquiries like mine and he said "10-15 a day". I clarified to say not just people asking about the car, but people saying they are ready with their check to get a spot in line. And he reiterated, yes, 10-15 people a day saying they will be in line.Maybe that was the salesman talking, but that is a much stronger indication of demand than I was expecting to hear."

Had some interesting info from my local Tesla shop : teslamotors

"I called my local shop (Chicago area) and asked if there was a game plan for March 31st. He said not yet, but should have more info in the coming weeks. I then asked if he has had many inquiries like mine and he said "10-15 a day". I clarified to say not just people asking about the car, but people saying they are ready with their check to get a spot in line. And he reiterated, yes, 10-15 people a day saying they will be in line.Maybe that was the salesman talking, but that is a much stronger indication of demand than I was expecting to hear."
Nice first post...welcome to the forum.

I test Drove the Model X today....got a little Ludicrous on the West Highway in Manhattan. Talking to my co-pilot, a manager of a New Jersey store, I mentioned I was planning on being at the store in Orlando on the 31st to sign up(spring break). He said interest for day-of reservations for the Model III has been very high.

Should be fun.

Well, of course, it's from all those hedge-fund managers in Manhattan with 200,000 credit cards at-the-ready.
you forgot that author on Seeking Alphalfa was also positing that the 13,000+ Tesla employees would also make 10 reservations each for another 130,000+ reservations (He did cover his short finally) I shall reserve 1 in Bethesda, maryland on 3/31 meself

I'll be waiting in line and reserving at least 2. It's a 4+ hour round trip for me so I'll be staying the night, hopefully not in line! Planning to make my 14 year old daughter go with me, I'm dropping hints that one is for her. Only reason I would cancel is that I decided to buy a Model X (or a refreshed S) before my number came up.

I'll be waiting in line and reserving at least 2. It's a 4+ hour round trip for me so I'll be staying the night, hopefully not in line! Planning to make my 14 year old daughter go with me, I'm dropping hints that one is for her. Only reason I would cancel is that I decided to buy a Model X (or a refreshed S) before my number came up.

Be prepared to wait in a LONG line. I called the Tesla Store here in Montreal and they are expecting hundreds of people. I can only imagine how many people will camp out in California....

One data point: 2 out of 10 of my coworkers are placing reservation on the first or second day (I'm not one of them). Feel free to extrapolate:biggrin:

Always grateful when someone gives me the opportunity to post this:

extrapolating.png

What do you do for work? What demographic do those co-workers belong to?

• Funny
Reactions: dc_h and c041v
Last week I was talking to the guys at the Service Centre here in Brussels and they said that they've been receiving a lot of enquiries from large companies looking to place large fleet orders. This will be replicated across NW Europe. On top of the private buyers I'm thinking 1 million in the first few days...