Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2018.42.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Again, it fixes standard regen for RWD only. (For some values of ‘fixes’.)

AWD was ‘okay’ already. Yeah, we wish we had more choices. Not yet.
Ah, as a RWD owner, that explains why I do feel a distinct increase in regen.

This might be perception rather than reality, but it also feels like one has to exert a bit more pressure on the accelerator as well. And as a plus the car also feels quicker on initial acceleration . . . .

Like I said, maybe it's just perception and not reality, but that's what it seems to me.

@26 seconds is where it starts veering to the right. It is supposed to get off on the next exit, but I think it was prompting me to get over one more lane (memory is fuzzy here) It only takes me a second to retake control.

it looks like it was following the buss to it may have been ok, but it was unexpected behavior.

Last edited:
Got an update notification on my phone about 20 minutes ago and kicked it off immediately. So nice to be able to start these updates from my phone now.

Edit: Took about 24 minutes to install. Interestingly the update was only around 200MB according to Google WiFi. Previous updates have been around 500MB.

Edit 2: Scratch that, the update was quite substantial in size. Just took my Google WiFi to update. Looks to be near 800MB.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
1 minute before I received the Tesla email I got a message on my phone that I had a new update.
Great I thought except the update only upgraded from 39.7 to 40.1 which doesn't have the drive on navigate feature.
Good news, brought my 3 in for service today. 2 cameras replaced so EAP, auto headlights and auto wipers should work all the time now. Plus service upgraded it to 42.2. And they gave me a Model X loaner P90D so got to experience ludicrous for the first time

Also got mine for the 3 a few min ago.
S last night. Attached for size. 559 for S. 822 for 3.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181030-204451_Google Wifi.jpg
    Screenshot_20181030-204451_Google Wifi.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20181030-204325_Google Wifi.jpg
    Screenshot_20181030-204325_Google Wifi.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 40
@26 seconds is where it starts veering to the right. It is supposed to get off on the next exit, but I think it was prompting me to get over one more lane (memory is fuzzy here) It only takes me a second to retake control.

it looks like it was following the buss to it may have been ok, but it was unexpected behavior.

Looks exactly like how I'm used to it performing with V8.

Where it sometimes gets confused by an exit.

In this case it's likely the Bus that blocked it's view, and then it followed the bus. Should be interesting to see what it does next time you're at that spot.

If it takes the exit or not.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
Looks exactly like how I'm used to it performing with V8.

Where it sometimes gets confused by an exit.

In this case it's likely the Bus that blocked it's view, and then it followed the bus. Should be interesting to see what it does next time you're at that spot.

If it takes the exit or not.
yea I think it's just an autopilot issue, but then again, it's getting off at the wrong exit without me signaling and it's on drive on Nav so that's not good right? Looks like they have a ways to go.

I'll see what happens tomorrow :)

Interesting and scary. Car behind you might misinterpret that you were going to take the exit. Hopefully this can be ironed out on future update ASAP.

Reactions: Richt
Does the car need to be hooked up to WiFi for software updates?
You will probably get them allot faster if you are. I think they probably don't want to push out that much data over LTE, but I received my first update that way.

I've received updates both over LTE and WIFI and the updates have been about 50/50.