Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2018.42.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright, from some more driving I noticed a number of interesting “quirks and features (Doug Demuro style)” with the drive on nav system.

1) As I first discovered in the video, you have to press the “drive on NAV” button on the navigation screen to activate it even after having activated the feature in the settings screen. However, oddly enough, this can only be done on a street, whether that be a surface street or expressway or highway. This means that if you enter your destination while parked on a driveway or in a parking lot you have to wait until you drive onto the street until you can activate the feature for the given route. This is unnecessary and requires you to tap a button on the screen while driving, which makes no sense. It is more safe to do it before driving rather than while driving but the system doesn’t let you do that.

I was able to enable Drive on Nav for my drive to work while in my garage and my return trip while parked in the interior of a parking garage. I'll check this again to confirm.

I just got an update and it was only 2018.40.1. My map loading failed several weeks in a row but finally loaded.
So far V9 stays center lane on turns much better.

Oh, and this... impressive!

Chicken Crossing.png

Looks like a ton of 3s getting it now. Just starting it (a release) installing remotely on my 3, hope it’s 42.2 and not some other intermediate after all this and two emails from Tesla (one for each car, I assume?).

These emails are as bad as the ones for v9, it makes people think they should have it already or something is wrong. <sigh>

(Edit: it was 42.2)

Last edited:
Reactions: rabar10
Just got the email from Tesla about this upgrade, should be any day now....

Sh&t I got the same email. Don’t hold your breath. Lol

1 minute before I received the Tesla email I got a message on my phone that I had a new update.
Great I thought except the update only upgraded from 39.7 to 40.1 which doesn't have the drive on navigate feature.

Last edited: