Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2018.42.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think wifi strength matters much for when you get the update. I just built a new driveway that is far from my wireless access point and the car only shows 1 to 2 bars of wifi strength. When I was waiting on the V.9 update I was parking the car along the house to get a strong signal and that didn't make it get here any faster.

I got .42 but the regen didnt show in the release notes have P3D-

Anyone else get the same?

Increased regen only applies to the rear wheel drive Model 3's. Those with dual motors already had good regen.

Since I only got 2018.42.2 last night I haven't been able to see for myself how much the regen has changed due to the colder temperatures around here in the morning. Basically almost no regen to speak of when the outside temp is in the 40s...

Reactions: cityberty
Just got 42.2 last night. On the drive in this morning I can say the autopilot car 'bouncing' issue on the display (which I saw a ton on 39.x and 40.x) seems to be significantly reduced. Almost none to speak of. A few times I'd say cars pop in/out when crossing a cam boundary but nothing major.

Didn't notice the increased regen though. Still stops regening at 5mph, so no love on regen to a stop (but I think others have speculated this is a limitation of the motor type). Didn't take it on the freeway yet, so perhaps I'll feel it more on freeway speeds.

Got mine last night like so many others.

Autopilot in general continues to be more refined. Lane holding is incrementally more stable and the toy cars are more accurate with less dancing. Increased regen is appreciated and my Wh/mi seems a bit better but maybe that’s just placebo.

Navigate on autopilot, however, is extremely beta. In Los Angeles traffic it is at best a novelty aside from two things, changing freeways on your behalf and taking exits. The rest needs work but I’m very excited to see where we are six months from now.

To think I rented a Model 3 in February of this year (prior to buying my own) and autopilot couldn’t crest a blind hill on a major freeway without darting across two lanes of traffic and here we are ten months later with it changing lanes and taking exits for me. Impressive stuff and I can certainly see them laying the groundwork for true enhanced AP. Can’t wait.

We have 2 model 3s. One got it last night, the other
My car is connected to a very strong WiFi signal with over 200 Mbps of bandwidth on a test I ran between the car and the router. Nothing. Still stuck on 39.7. I received 39.6 and 39.7 early in those rollouts, so I'm confused. Back to being patient now...
We have 2 model 3s. One got it last night, the other didn't. Unfortunately there is no pattern.

• Informative
Reactions: ConcordeSST
Short term update. Have had my TeslaCam USB Thumbdrive in the car for about 24 hours with at least 4 stop/park/restarts and have not seen the gray "x" of doom yet. Hopefully this update did fix that issue!
Awesome. That's a pleasant surprise. I guess it's time to start using the dashcam feature again . . . that grey X of Doom pretty much killed it for me and I'd stopped using it (plate-full of corrupt usb drives at home, time to redo them!)

After installing 42.2 last night - Navigate on Autopilot wasn't ready since the additional camera were calibrating (94%)

I drove to work this morning (10 miles on autopilot) and the cameras are still calibrating at 96%. How long does it take for it to be fully calibrated? I was hoping I could use NOP on the way home from work tonight.

After installing 42.2 last night - Navigate on Autopilot wasn't ready since the additional camera were calibrating (94%)

I drove to work this morning (10 miles on autopilot) and the cameras are still calibrating at 96%. How long does it take for it to be fully calibrated? I was hoping I could use NOP on the way home from work tonight.

The cameras have to re-calibrate after 42.2 even if autopilot was calibrated before?

The cameras have to re-calibrate after 42.2 even if autopilot was calibrated before?
It did say the cameras would need to recalibrate in the notes, but I did not notice any delays when I got in this morning. I was able to immediately engage NOP when leaving the garage and drove in using NOP with no issues. Not sure where the "calibrating at xx%" would be,

• Informative
Reactions: ConcordeSST