Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2019.9.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're providing details about when certain releases are being released and that they're beta firmware. That is explicitly against the EAP rules and the NDA you signed. I don't mean to be rude, but please re-read the agreement that you signed. Release timing and information would qualify as 'any' information.

Holy Cow - this brand new feature is unreal. It's a passenger seat eject. On the right steering wheel scroll wheel. You push it and <boom> there goes the passenger; seat and all. But the seat actually comes back and lands within 30 seconds. What can't these developers do?

Hey Kirby, do you want to take a drive with me? I'll drive.....

As far as I know, Early Access Program Participants are not supposed to publicly discuss problems or issues with their beta software. You are not prevented from saying you are in the program.

Please review your Tesla EAP agreement.
No Early Access details shared other than I'm a card carrying member...haha

I've pretty much been assured that even a SC cannot push a newer version of the firmware to your car beyond what the system has in place for your exact vehicle at that time. There could be a very short lag.

Holy Cow - this brand new feature is unreal. It's a passenger seat eject. On the right steering wheel scroll wheel. You push it and <boom> there goes the passenger; seat and all. But the seat actually comes back and lands within 30 seconds. What can't these developers do?

Hey Kirby, do you want to take a drive with me? I'll drive.....

See, you gotta be careful with that. I got that feature awhile ago, but turns out sometimes it ejects the driver instead! Damn beta firmwares... too many bugs they still gotta work out. I think I understand where all the factory worker injuries are coming from now!

Don't bother the service centers asking for updates... they need to focus on Teslas with real problems. Imagine if you had a major issue with your car but couldn't get through because 300 forum readers saw that post and called your service center to schedule an appointment? or push software updates?

If you are that desperate for an update, drive to the service center when it's closed and it will automatically connect to the WIFI network there. 90% of the time my car downloads the new software version in 15 mins if I sit there. Also "bug reports" via the right button on the steering wheel seem to trigger software updates for me. Or maybe not, but I get them and I am pretty good about doing bug reports.

The service centers are a very finite resource and they are maxxed out now. Let's keep them free to deal with real problems when we have them...

Agree. Gotta eliminate unnecessary calls to Service Centers.
Would be best of you could request update via app, or in the car

What a horribly selfish thing to do. Take up an appointment slot and prevent someone who may really need it from being able to schedule their service all because you can't be bothered to wait for your update like everyone else.
Do you sit in front of superchargers not plugged in on the off chance that you'll need to later in the day?
Not like theres people servicing there tesla's 24/7 every day at every service center. more like you should sit back and relax champ, not that serious

People are saying 8.2 is the one with 5% performance increase, and 5.15 is the one with range increase to 325 miles. 8.2 should include range increase as well.

I'm still on an older firmware so I can't confirm...
I'm a P3D. I got the 5% on 8.2.

Not like theres people servicing there tesla's 24/7 every day at every service center. more like you should sit back and relax champ, not that serious
I doubt that does anything.

any evidence that the Beta release 2019.9.xxx has all the functionality of 8.2 or 8.3? Are Tesla Beta's always comprehensive to past releases, or are they just testing certain features? i don't think it has the 5% power boost... asking for a friend.

any evidence that the Beta release 2019.9.xxx has all the functionality of 8.2 or 8.3? Are Tesla Beta's always comprehensive to past releases, or are they just testing certain features? i don't think it has the 5% power boost... asking for a friend.

Different feature branches may be released as different version numbers, it could include prior features or it could be like the 2019.5.2 build which didn’t have sentry or dog mode even though 5.1 did.

They’ll probably merge some of the 2019.8.x features into 2019.9.x or maybe everyone will move to 2019.10.x which will include all the recent features combined ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Informative
Reactions: chickensworth
True, but you have no way of knowing if that spot you just frivolously signed up for is one that someone else finds most convenient so they can get to work on time, or pick up their kid from daycare, or make a Dr's appointment.