Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cool. Thanks for posting! I want that one, for the display of cars in adjacent lanes. Sounds like an effective blind-spot remedy.

I would say it does not provide a blind spot remedy. Cars show on screen only when in front of B pillar. Which means you can see them if your eyes are open. Watch some of the videos and compare when car in video is seen to when it appears in the IC.

I would say it does not provide a blind spot remedy. Cars show on screen only when in front of B pillar. Which means you can see them if your eyes are open. Watch some of the videos and compare when car in video is seen to when it appears in the IC.

Darn it! That's a disappointment. I don't need cars on screen when they're in front of me or right next to me. I want to see them when they're behind and to the side. The car supposedly has enough hardware for FSD, so it ought to be able to display nearby cars at any angular position.

Reactions: outdoors
Darn it! That's a disappointment. I don't need cars on screen when they're in front of me or right next to me. I want to see them upwhen they're behind and to the side. The car supposedly has enough hardware for FSD, so it ought to be able to display nearby cars at any angular position.

Yeah kind of a bummer. If they would turn on those side repeater cams for use.....well I might give them the $ for FSD. Show me some progress and it would make me feel better forking over $.

Tesla says, and for the most part makes good on the promise, that all safety features are standard. Using those additional cameras, which all Model 3 have, to provide blind spot assistance, would be, IMO, a very important safety feature. The FSD software, when it becomes available, is an optional feature that costs extra. But using the already available hardware to provide blind spot visibility would be a safety feature which could and should be implemented with or without the FSD package.

However, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt because I believe they honestly want to provide the safest car possible, and assume that there are good reasons why the software is not yet ready to provide that feature.

Hadn’t seen this in this thread/3 forum yet. Apologies if I missed it.

Updated earlier today to 2018.21.9. M3 and MS now on exactly the same build versions.

Addition of autopilot freeway exit deceleration, cars in adjacent lanes now on display (though doesn’t disambiguate trucks, motorbikes, etc from cars yet) and easier saving of driver profile settings (now with Hvac stored too)

Wipers still frustrating when rain-sensing. Needs to rain in Fremont more... ;)

Screenshots

View attachment 308043

View attachment 308041

View attachment 308042
I can easily see what is in front of me, I'm hoping for a display of the cars directly behind and in the rear adjacent lanes.

I can easily see what is in front of me, I'm hoping for a display of the cars directly behind and in the rear adjacent lanes.

You along with everyone is anxiously waiting for this.
EAP doesn't use all cameras so it will be interesting to see how this plays out since it is often brought up as an enhancement request.

Order a Model S
FSD four to eight cameras.PNG

You along with everyone is anxiously waiting for this.
EAP doesn't use all cameras so it will be interesting to see how this plays out since it is often brought up as an enhancement request.

Order a Model S
View attachment 308275
EAP should be using two of the front cameras and the two side repeater cams once it gets turned on, so blind spots should be covered just fine! They probably don’t see much use in enabling the backup camera for the highway, since this info isn’t that useful over what the sonar gives you if they are going to program something in to respond to tailgating. Probably needed for FSD autopark later on I’d guess.

Does anyone know if the self driving features Elon says will release beginning August with version 9,and over the next 12 months, are only included if you buy FSD? Or are those things that we continue to get under EAP . If it’s a mixture, which elements will only include within FSD? I’m interested in stop sign, traffic lights and unassisted lane change for now, but anything else realistically in the near term 12 month horizon. Thanks

Got home from a three-week trip (car stayed at home, was not a road trip) and the car said an update was available so I told it to install. 2018.18.13. Since the release notes only refer to the current release, and I might have skipped over one, I don't know if other stuff might have changed.

The one change in this release is that they've made it harder to play music from my USB flash drive because the choice for USB is now buried another level deeper in the menu.

Come on, Tesla, there should be a button right at the top of the Music menu for "Resume last music source." It would not be a problem if the car would simply remember the last music source, but half the time it resumes playing when I get in the car, and half the time the music is off, and no source is selected, and I have to go through all the menus to get to USB, and then go to Albums, and select the album and track.

The CD players in other cars I have just resume playing where they left off. Would it be so hard for the Model 3 to always resume playing where it left off? My Roadster does it when playing from a connected iPod.
It would be nice to have an aggregated “preset” for iPhone, radio, streaming, etc choices

• Love
Reactions: daniel
How do I connect car to my home Wi-Fi? I haven’t figured that out yet.

Do you have the most current firmware, 2018.24.1, that enables WiFi?

If so from the recently updated manual:

Wi-Fi is available as a data connection method
and is often faster than cellular data networks.
Connecting to Wi-Fi is especially useful in
areas with limited or no cellular connectivity.
To ensure fast, reliable delivery of Model 3
updates (see Software Updates on page 108),
Tesla recommends leaving Wi-Fi turned on
and connected to a Wi-Fi network. To connect
to a Wi-Fi network:
1. Touch the LTE (or 3G) icon in the
touchscreen status bar. Model 3 will start
scanning and display the Wi-Fi networks
that are within range.
2. Select the Wi-Fi network you want to use,
enter the password (if necessary), then
touch Connect.
You can also connect to a hidden network that
isn't shown on the list of scanned networks.
Just touch Wi-Fi Settings and enter the name
of the network in the resulting dialog box.
Once you have connected to a network, Model
3 automatically connects whenever the
network is within range. If more than one
previously connected network is within range,
Model 3 connects to the one most recently
used.
Note: You can also use a mobile hotspot or
your phone's Internet connection via Wi-Fi
tethering.
Note: At Tesla Service Centers, Model 3
automatically connects to the Tesla Service
Wi-Fi network.