Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software version 2019.32.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M
Just noticed that with this version 2019.32.2.2 they broke the bluetooth audio. It's out of sync (slightly delayed) when streaming any kind of audio from your phone. This is not noticeable with just audio but when you watch video on your phone and the audio through the car's speakers, people's mouths don't sync up with their speech in videos. Rebooted several times and it didn't help.

Where does one report such bugs other than the lame in car speech command where you can't give enough details?

Mine has always done this since I got the car 6 months ago. 2019.32.2.1

Interesting, because all Tesla ever says is 'go to support page'.

This is what happens when you let the wrong types of people design a website. They saw it as a process. You go to support, then you search through all of the stuff there. Hopefully you find what you need, but when you don't the only logical step is to say that you "Still need Help". This would then provide the ability to chat with someone who should be able to help you. They don't want everyone skipping to chat as they want to keep the staff doing that focused on items not found in the help pages.

Problem is that life is not always that procedurally accurate.

Reactions: boaterva
This is what happens when you let the wrong types of people design a website. They saw it as a process. You go to support, then you search through all of the stuff there. Hopefully you find what you need, but when you don't the only logical step is to say that you "Still need Help". This would then provide the ability to chat with someone who should be able to help you. They don't want everyone skipping to chat as they want to keep the staff doing that focused on items not found in the help pages.

Problem is that life is not always that procedurally accurate.
What really happens is we say f this and spend 30 minutes on hold on the phone. Same for the SolarEdge website where you are supposed to open cases but can’t even get logged in (but I digress, lol...)

Reactions: ibGeek
Received 32.2.2 da05838 yesterday. Upgraded from 28.x. Haven’t had a chance to drive it yet. Assuming this is the AC odor fix woot!
Our car came with the ion filter, but in subsequent updates, it was disabled. When we complained about the harsh smell in the car, following this disabled feature, we were told it was our Lloyd floormats. We removed them and spent quite a bit in replacing them and guess what?
The new ones stink as well!
Well, since the new update, 32.2.2, we haven't noticed the odor, yet.

• Funny
Reactions: Watts_Up
What really happens is we say this and spend 30 minutes on hold on the phone.
Same for the SolarEdge website where you are supposed to open cases
but can’t even get logged in (but I digress, lol...)
I'am suprised that there is not an automatic call back? This works quite well in general.

Then, when receiving a dial back, you have first a message asking you if you are available or need more time.
This kind of call back mechanism avoid making those phone tags and avoid blocking your own phone line.

Reactions: Phlier and ibGeek
I'am suprised that there is not an automatic call back? This works quite well in general.

Then, when receiving a dial back, you have first a message asking you if you are available or need more time.
This kind of call back mechanism avoid making those phone tags and avoid blocking your own phone line.
Blocking a phone line? What is this you speak of? :D

Seriously, I’ve never found callback to work. Maybe it does for you.

There isn't any way to force a software update is there? I got my car Saturday and I am still stuck on 2019.27.103
Give it a couple of nights connected to your home WiFi. If you don't get a notification about an update being available for your car after two nights (unlikely), then open up your Tesla app on your phone. Hit the "Schedule Maintenance" button, and then "software update." In the text field that appears, type something like "software out of date." This will initially schedule you for a maintenance visit, but normally they will then push a software update to your car and then cancel the scheduled maintenance appointment.

Give it a couple of nights connected to your home WiFi. If you don't get a notification about an update being available for your car after two nights (unlikely), then open up your Tesla app on your phone. Hit the "Schedule Maintenance" button, and then "software update." In the text field that appears, type something like "software out of date." This will initially schedule you for a maintenance visit, but normally they will then push a software update to your car and then cancel the scheduled maintenance appointment.
They will probably also inspect the car logs to see if there’s any reason the car is way behind like a stuck/corrupted update. No real reason for being months behind except that. One of the recent ones was even pushed over LTE.

They will probably also inspect the car logs to see if there’s any reason the car is way behind like a stuck/corrupted update. No real reason for being months behind except that. One of the recent ones was even pushed over LTE.
@z06tim Just received his car last Saturday. For some reason, some of the recent build cars have been coming out of Fremont with old software. So I doubt his car has a stuck update, and that it'll most likely update itself in the next few days.

There have been quite a few posts about new (September 19 build date) cars coming out of the factory with 2019.27.103 firmware. When I picked up my car in August, the SA told me that they make sure every car is updated to the latest release before they deliver it to the customer (which was 28.1 when I got the car on August 7). I guess the end of quarter rush has made them stop doing that little nicety. IMO, trying to gain back a possible 15 minute or so service for the customer is going to bite them in the butt with a ton of new owners out there calling and asking them for a new software push; it's going to put an additional strain on what is an already over-capacity service system. Not to mention all those new cars connecting to the mothership and reporting old software... lots of updates are going to get queued for all those new cars with old firmware.

And as you said, one of the updates was important enough to push over LTE. So yeah...Tesla's firmware servers are not going to be happy for a while.

Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 11.01.17 AM.png

One thing, though...

I guess it's possible that since the September 1 and later cars are required to have the pedestrian noise maker that firmware version 27.103 is required on those cars at this point in order to support the noise maker.

So it's possible that firmware 27.103 *is* the most recent firmware for the noisemaker cars.