Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3: Turn Signals... ARGH!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my Model 3 Standard Range 2 days ago and I'm having the same problem. This is not something I will be able to get used to. Service appointment setup. Hopefully they can send a mobile unit out to my place because I'm not happy to drive 2+ hours to the nearest service center.

After 2 days I now know that I have to commit and press it ALL the way down when I wanna initiated a lane change (same with auto lane change), while I am still practicing the 1st stage 3 flash for city streets lane changing lol

A tech came out and replaced mine this morning and everything looks good now. He replaced the entire module that houses the two stalks. He said the part no. does not have a new rev so it's just faulty parts coming out of the factory.
He ran the SW update again followed by a steering calibration after he was done with the swap.
He said he's already replaced a couple of these and seems to be a known issue.
If your're having trouble with the lane change indicator not resetting after 3 blinks, definitely call Tesla and request mobile service.

I didn't think that was possible. From Design Your Model 3 | Tesla now and what I recall when SR and SR+ became available to order, SR only comes withe "standard interior". You had to go with Standard Range Plus to get partial premium interior.

The pic at Tesla finally launches base Model 3 for $35,000 with shorter range and new interior seems to confirm my memory.

I'm not sure why you ask or what you're getting at. I have a Standard Range Model 3 with Partial Premium Interior and my car was built somewhere between Feb-March according to the VIN. Mobile service is coming today to repair the problem I noticed with my left turn signal.

Out of curiosity, SR or SR+?
Mine is a SR with Partial Premium
Ohh, It's because I didn't specific say it was a SR+? I thought that mentioning the partial premium upgrade made it obvious....
Yes, that's why I was asking SR vs. SR+.

I'm trying to figure out if a single SR NOT plus has been delivered to a real customer (not an employee of Tesla or SpaceX). SR Not Plus Waiting Room so far indicates no.

Thanks for the info and further confirmation. If you had an SR, then you'd be the first I'd heard of.

I just had the M3 for less than 2 weeks and the left turn signal issue is what I noticed first when I got it. I have an appointment for a mobile repair in a week, hopefully that sorts it once and for all.

I think this could be a software issue and could be issue with how software interprets how far depressed the stalk is, if it is on the second position or not.

Mobile service just replaced my steering column control and that fixed the left turn signal issue for me as well. The mobile tech also proactively replaced the charge port insulator pins, modified underhood storage unit and shim hood latch (both of these they identified as needing fixing) and added my dual-motor badge. Great service Tesla!

I will say though that initially when I had requested service via the app, they told me that I need to drop the car off for the repair. It was only after I complained (and pointed them to this thread!) that they agreed that it could be done by mobile.

Mobile service just replaced my steering column control and that fixed the left turn signal issue for me as well. The mobile tech also proactively replaced the charge port insulator pins, modified underhood storage unit and shim hood latch (both of these they identified as needing fixing) and added my dual-motor badge. Great service Tesla!

I will say though that initially when I had requested service via the app, they told me that I need to drop the car off for the repair. It was only after I complained (and pointed them to this thread!) that they agreed that it could be done by mobile.
Can you mention de fabrication date (look at the door label) and VIN (except the last 4 digits)
I wonder if I don't have a similar problem.
In particular have to keep my finger on the turn signal to keep it on when making tiny adjustments turning left.

Last edited: